Unsolicited Jobs Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sure. As long as you're fine with the middleman taking a fat cut out of the PC billed in your name.
You can't take good care of patients on site once a week. I cover 2 sites twice a week right now and even that's not sufficient with other docs there on other days. I think you need 3 days minimum same doc. That's why I've offered to do it as a temporary measure for local sites on my off day in case they literally have no other option (they always find somebody). But this is not a bridge. Bridge to what? You're talking about a perm solution. Patients deserve better.

But hey, the academic guys are SURE they are better at treating bone mets than we are and we are incapable of contouring head and neck or GI cases, so sure I'm sure they will be more than happy to spend their "academic days" doing remote work and smelling their own farts for an extra $100k/year. Yes, they will be happy to partner with Bridge and believe they are increasing quality. Makes me sad.
I think this is a personal issue with regards to how many days. When I used to split two clinics, 3/2 was fine, alternating weeks.

In the hell job I had, I was doing 3 and seeing consults at a 4th (as the managing doc). **** show.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Sure. As long as you're fine with the middleman taking a fat cut out of the PC billed in your name.
You can't take good care of patients on site once a week. I cover 2 sites twice a week right now and even that's not sufficient with other docs there on other days. I think you need 3 days minimum same doc. That's why I've offered to do it as a temporary measure for local sites on my off day in case they literally have no other option (they always find somebody). But this is not a bridge. Bridge to what? You're talking about a perm solution. Patients deserve better.

But hey, the academic guys are SURE they are better at treating bone mets than we are and we are incapable of contouring head and neck or GI cases, so sure I'm sure they will be more than happy to spend their "academic days" doing remote work and smelling their own farts for an extra $100k/year. Yes, they will be happy to partner with Bridge and believe they are increasing quality. Makes me sad.

An extra 20K/yr to their meager salaries is usually enough to get them to bite. That and the prospect of being replaced by a cheaper widget.

Carrot and the stick and all

Members don't see this ad :)
In the hell job I had, I was doing 3 and seeing consults at a 4th (as the managing doc). **** show.

That is insane.
When a practice has a rad onc driving all over the place, it's because it benefits somebody. Who is that person? Well it's not the rad onc, it's not the staff, and it's not the patients. They are all harmed.

So who benefits by a rad onc coming to a rural site once a week or less while the midlevels man the ship? Again, it's none of the above.

So we've talked about the "fake" job postings before, and this is something those of us already "in" the system know about but - there's a lot of lurkers who come here, especially med students.

I was just looking at the Career Center to see what's posted, and came across this:

1690511940302.png

I don't have any insider information on this one. It's just...I haven't seen one so blatant before.

Reasons why this stands out:

1) It's very short, ESPECIALLY for an academic system job. Usually there's a lot more fluff.

2) They...they don't even write BE/BC. Just straight board-eligible. I don't think I've seen that before.

3) The only requirements are finishing residency, board eligible (technically redundant at that point), and NC license.

Anyway, it's hard to prove a negative, of course. And obviously I could be wrong, again, I don't know any insider info.

But, uh, this is basically "we have a resident we want to hire, we need to satisfy the university requirement to conduct a national search, so let's rubber stamp that and move on".

Reactions: 6 users
Soooo… what is the SERO/Atrium/Wake Forest relationship? WF staffs some Atrium and SERO the rest?

In contrast to the doom sayers on this thread I’d like to assure everyone that the RO job market is healthy and thriving. Case in point, I was PERSONALLY emailed by the CEO of Britt Medical Search assuring me so.

Greetings!

I wanted to reach out and let you know that we have a large number of Radiation Oncology roles across the U.S. right now. I had noted previously that you were interested in new opportunities and wanted to see if you were still looking?

If so, please let me know the locations you are looking in and I will reply back with what we have available.

If you could also send your CV, that will help me learn more about your background. You can also text me at 636-628-2412 with Job #BD-RadOnc with email address and locations of interest to inquire further.

• Haha
  • Okay...
Reactions: 3 users
Welcome to Fyckville East Northern Medical Center.

We have a McDonald's in town and also lots of hunting and outdoors activities.

Would you like to know more?

Welcome to Fyckville East Northern Medical Center.

We have a McDonald's in town and also lots of hunting and outdoors activities.

Would you like to know more?
go on...

Ohio - $600k + “incentives”

I thought I would follow up with you again regarding this position in Ohio. Are you interested in hearing more about the position? Feel free to reach out to me at any time. My contact info is below.
  • Cancer program is accredited by the Commission on Cancer
  • Varian True Beam linear accelerator
  • Aria scheduling/EHR and Eclipse for treatment planning
  • hospital-based Medical Oncologist
  • contracted physics/dosimetry group who do a great job for us. Either physics or dosimetry are available every day or can remote in
  • Oncology nurses who are cross-trained in administering chemotherapy, biotherapy, and working in Radiation
  • Social Services and Nutritional assistance for patients and families
  • patient navigators who assist with assuring our patients get thru the system with appropriate appointments with providers and staff
  • 2 Nurse Practitioners
Thank you,

John Vivas
Client Account Manager

HealthRight Staffing
Office: (954) 944-3146
Direct: (954) 708-1512

Members don't see this ad :)
Chillicothe used to be a solid $800k+incentives job a decade ago
There is a reason why this job hasn't been posted in nearly 10 years. While those "academic" chairs are now paying $350k per their own survey.

Last edited:
Chillicothe used to be a solid $800k+incentives job a decade ago

This was before our mushybrain octogenarian ruling class turbocharged the money printers.

Some fun with math...

There has been 40% inflation since 2010, which will turn your brain to mush too when you take a second and conceptualize it.
$800k then is 1.19M now. Find me one hospital paying 1.19M for an employed rad onc without screaming stark let alone one advertising 800k. An 800k job now would be worth 572k back then, which is MGMA median-ish.

Another way of looking at it, getting paid a typical $572k compensation now would be equivalent to getting paid $409k in 2010.

It must have been something to earn rad onc income from 2000-2010 then watch your stock investments balloon with the post-GFC decade long bull market and real estate holdings balloon post-covid. All of these people can retire whenever they want. But instead they stick around like zombies moaning "moreeee" with the apparent goal of inflicting maximum pain on the next generation. If every 60+ rad onc stopped tomorrow the workforce crisis would be immediately solved (at least for a while).

Reactions: 15 users
Well, yes. But when you turn 60 you're going to do the same thing.. keep working. Unless conditions change or the pay becomes not worth it.

I'm not there yet, and I probably will go part time by then... you know, so I can justify flying around.

Well, yes. But when you turn 60 you're going to do the same thing.. keep working. Unless conditions change or the pay becomes not worth it.

I'm not there yet, and I probably will go part time by then... you know, so I can justify flying around.

I certainly don't aspire to be the rad onc who has to have a driver because the DMV has taken their license away (I know of multiple).

But to be fair, I know of far more who had their net worths slashed in half by divorce(s). Those poor bastards will be #ing until the end.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
And thats why kids you should never, ever, get married over age 35 without a bulletproof prenup. As in, full disclosure, separate attorney's, standard contract(s) from the Bar etc.

Otherwise, bend over and take the #'ing to your net worth..

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
And thats why kids you should never, ever, get married over age 35 without a bulletproof prenup. As in, full disclosure, separate attorney's, standard contract(s) from the Bar etc.

Otherwise, bend over and take the #'ing to your net worth..
^^^^^^^^^^^

Probably a good idea to visit the nearest SW florida strip mall too for one of these guys...

j8eh38wzj4651.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
This was before our mushybrain octogenarian ruling class turbocharged the money printers.

Some fun with math...

There has been 40% inflation since 2010, which will turn your brain to mush too when you take a second and conceptualize it.
$800k then is 1.19M now. Find me one hospital paying 1.19M for an employed rad onc without screaming stark let alone one advertising 800k. An 800k job now would be worth 572k back then, which is MGMA median-ish.

Another way of looking at it, getting paid a typical $572k compensation now would be equivalent to getting paid $409k in 2010.

It must have been something to earn rad onc income from 2000-2010 then watch your stock investments balloon with the post-GFC decade long bull market and real estate holdings balloon post-covid. All of these people can retire whenever they want. But instead they stick around like zombies moaning "moreeee" with the apparent goal of inflicting maximum pain on the next generation. If every 60+ rad onc stopped tomorrow the workforce crisis would be immediately solved (at least for a while).
@mehrlicht you seem familiar?

You are also hitting on some harsh truths here.

I hope when I am 70 (if I am alive) that I don't want more, that I don't care about money, that I don't care about generational wealth for my family cause my kids can make their own money..... that I am reveling in the younger generation's achievements while looking for opportunities to pass on some gentle wisdom (like teaching chemistry or Sunday school).

I know some 70 year olds like this. But, they are not usually working docs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
  • Wow
  • Hmm

What am I looking at here? What do they want the residents to do?
Are they trying to pay residents $40k/year to do insurance auths instead of paying full-time rad oncs 3-4X that?
Wouldn't surprise me. BO last week, this now, what's next week got in store?

Reactions: 8 users
Optum must be sniffing out that soon to be coming weak job market...
What is this? The language is so confusing. Are they offering a job in lieu of finishing residency. Are they sensing this level of pathos in our field?

Are we being trolled? I'm having a dissociative episode here.

WTF.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Presuming they think PGY5s don't do anything and so can do this "in lieu"

As a low volume doc, i can easily handle my 15 hours of p2p.

A resident in PGY5? This sounds like a disaster for all parties.

• Wow
Presuming they think PGY5s don't do anything and so can do this "in lieu"

As a low volume doc, i can easily handle my 15 hours of p2p.

A resident in PGY5? This sounds like a disaster for all parties.
I'm thinking that this is the 2nd initiative in two weeks that is targeting the peculiar markets where underemployed radoncs can get value.

BO targeting low volume ultra rural clinics with an APP model and Optum targeting the p2p gig?

Is this correct?

Correction: Never mind, @mehrlicht summarizes the story above. Depressing.

Last edited:
Are they trying to pay residents $40k/year to do insurance auths instead of paying full-time rad oncs 3-4X that?
The exploitation is real!

While the BO thing is infuriating, I have to admit I am playing the world's smallest violin for the full-timers losing their ability to boost their paychecks doing p2p auto-denials. I can imagine department chairs minds blown having to argue on a p2p call with a PGY-5 somewhere (or even better down the hall in the residents room). LOL at this whole stupid profession.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users
I mean, there are NO radiation oncology residencies in Nevada, so... I'm not sure what Optum is trolling for here.

"Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $33,280 to $40,300."

I mean, there are NO radiation oncology residencies in Nevada, so... I'm not sure what Optum is trolling for here.

"Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $33,280 to $40,300."
It's probably legalese required in all job posts under Nevada law

Is this a paid internship for graduating physicians to enter a pathway inside UHC? Optum is the largest employer of doctors in the US.

UHC is like a healthcare evil genius or supervillain.

Like how they put it in ALL CAPS:

#800korGTFO @sirspamalot

"Rice lake, WI
  • - 2 hours from Minneapolis
  • - $100k sign on bonus
  • - Reputable Health System
  • - $547k base salary (NEGOTIABLE)"
Another one. Rural midwest is the theme:

Greetings from MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center! Did you get a chance to review my previous email about our hospital employed full-time BC/BE Radiation Oncology physician position we have available? We offer great benefits and an excellent compensation package (up to $653,000 includes $100,000 sign-on bonus)! To visit about this great opportunity, schedule a call with Morgan Staley today at 641-428-6631.

I encourage you to consider this position (see attached document). You’ll love working and living here:

• Enjoy all the benefits of North Iowa’s charming and welcoming atmosphere — with low crime rate, affordable housing and amenities — without sacrificing quality of life.
  • Sandy beaches and clear waters. A legacy of art, music, performing arts and internationally recognized architecture.
  • Excellent work-life balance supporting quality family time. Short commutes and top-tier schools.
  • Centrally located in the middle of everywhere; two hours from Minneapolis-St. Paul and Des Moines; local airport with daily direct flights to Chicago.

• Centrally located in the middle of everywhere; two hours from Minneapolis-St. Paul and Des Moines; local airport with daily direct flights to Chicago.
Middle of everywhere is two hrs away from a city you may have heard of.

Sandy beaches? You mean that lake everyone uses? Lol. Horrible.

Wouldn't go for less than GTFO + 100k for hazard pay (isolation). Assuming of course no more than 20 on tx..

this is some sort of a clinical job; not involving prior auth

Sandy beaches? You mean that lake everyone uses? Lol. Horrible.

Wouldn't go for less than GTFO + 100k for hazard pay (isolation). Assuming of course no more than 20 on tx..
I can see ASTRO now saying.. Everything is honky dory today in the job market...

... with the same amount of skill and conviction as this guy saying his payday phrase..

Is it that time again already? I’ve gotten an onslaught of unsolicited emails with CVs that make me want to vomit. We aren’t in the secret jobs club…if it’s not on ASTRO then we are not hiring

• Sad
Is it that time again already? I’ve gotten an onslaught of unsolicited emails with CVs that make me want to vomit. We aren’t in the secret jobs club…if it’s not on ASTRO then we are not hiring
So sad.... Especially considering this is August.

Just curious... do you want to vomit simply because of the reality you are getting unsolicited emails with CVs? Or because of the content of the CVs?

Maybe both?