Unofficial Post-Bacc program questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

relentless11

Going broke and loving it
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Just wondering how adcoms view unofficial post-bacc programs. Pretty much taking classes in a non-AAMC registered post-bacc program. Of course taking upper division classes full time is a must, and maintain good grades too.

Do adcoms differentiate, or have any bias between the two? I pretty much am in an unofficial one since...i don't like anyone telling me that i have to maintain such a GPA. I do fine without them telling me that. Besides the program here won't start until June. So yea........personally i'd take the program (despite what i said) but for those that dont' have that option....are there any reprecussions?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I just did my post-bac at state school. There was no structured program. I have had no problems at all so far. I did well in all my classes, did decently enough on the MCAT, arranged some volunteering on my own. I used the pre-med advisor at the university without problems. So far I think my application process is going really well and I am pretty sure that I will get in somewhere when all is said and done. So I don't really think it matters all that much where you do it, as long as you do well.