University of Southern Nevada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interview at USN last year, and didn't get a notice for an interview until the first part of March. I had a 3.59 Gpa. I realized later that i really messed up on the interview. And that is why I didn't get in.

I wasn't really prepared for the moral/ethical questions.

I know it is tough to wait, but I am sure we'll get the call.

Members don't see this ad.

I interview at USN last year, and didn't get a notice for an interview until the first part of March. I had a 3.59 Gpa. I realized later that i really messed up on the interview. And that is why I didn't get in.

I wasn't really prepared for the moral/ethical questions.

I know it is tough to wait, but I am sure we'll get the call.

Did you have a BS last year when you applied?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who interviewed on Feb 19th already get a call from Dr.DeYoung?

For those of you who say your interview went only ok, or not very well, can you tell us why? Was there questions that threw you off, or something unexpected? Or just fumbled on your words...??
Thanks!

Just wondering, Did any one get interview call this week?

hey I was accepted this year and I had my interview on Feb 9th. The interview went very well, and i felt like it couldn't have gone any better, i was really happy when i left. I wasn't sure if i would get accepted bc i am only 19 years old, and I don't even have a bachelors degree, this is only my second year in college, and I also completed all my classes at a community college. When i got my acceptance call from Dr. DeYoung he told me to just finish my classes and I am all set to go, i still have 3 more classes to take. so i am not sure if having a bachelors really decides if ur in or not, my stats where a 3.81 overall gpa and a 3.9 science gpa

hey I was accepted this year and I had my interview on Feb 9th. The interview went very well, and i felt like it couldn't have gone any better, i was really happy when i left. I wasn't sure if i would get accepted bc i am only 19 years old, and I don't even have a bachelors degree, this is only my second year in college, and I also completed all my classes at a community college. When i got my acceptance call from Dr. DeYoung he told me to just finish my classes and I am all set to go, i still have 3 more classes to take. so i am not sure if having a bachelors really decides if ur in or not, my stats where a 3.81 overall gpa and a 3.9 science gpa

I have some questions for you...when did you interview, what day did Deyoung call you with the good news, and what campus are you going to?

Has everyone that has got accepted so far get called on Monday Feb. 18th???:confused:

I have some questions for you...when did you interview, what day did Deyoung call you with the good news, and what campus are you going to?

I interview saturday feb. 9th and i heard the good news from DeYoung on Monday feb. 18th. I decided to go to the Henderson campus as of now but DeYoung told me that if I change my mind I have about a month or so to do i that. I haven't seen the Utah campus and I don't really want to be in the cold anymore bc I live in Michigan and i want some nice weather. Also one of the pharmacists i work with used to live in Salt Lake City so i was going to talk to her about it and see how she liked the area, there is still a slight chance that i might change my mind!

did u apply here and have u heard anything yet?

I interview saturday feb. 9th and i heard the good news from DeYoung on Monday feb. 18th. I decided to go to the Henderson campus as of now but DeYoung told me that if I change my mind I have about a month or so to do i that. I haven't seen the Utah campus and I don't really want to be in the cold anymore bc I live in Michigan and i want some nice weather. Also one of the pharmacists i work with used to live in Salt Lake City so i was going to talk to her about it and see how she liked the area, there is still a slight chance that i might change my mind!

did u apply here and have u heard anything yet?

Yes I had an interview on 1/26, but havent heard anything yet:(... i just wanted to hear when you heard from Dr. DeYoung cuz i am also 19, have a 4.0 pre-req GPA and 3.83 overall GPA---i was also worried about my age (as well as sex and hair color lol)

Has everyone that has got accepted so far get called on Monday Feb. 18th???:confused:
I also interviewed on 1-26. I felt my interview went well but still no call. I interviewed with Dr. Deyoung and 2 students. They made me feel so comfortable and I felt like, while my interview wasn't a ringer, it went very well. I loved the atmosphere and think I would really like the block system and Henderson. I'm 20 and in my second yr of college. Will finish all but one pre-req which I'm taking this summer. 3.78 GPA and 3.9 science GPA. Like I said in an earlier post, USN became my 1st choice after my interview. I was hoping they'd be as impressed with me as I was with them. I'm not giving up hope but was hoping for the call after I saw so many others were getting called. There's still time and I'm being optimistic. :) :) :) Good Luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also interviewed on 1-26. I felt my interview went well but still no call. I interviewed with Dr. Deyoung and 2 students. They made me feel so comfortable and I felt like, while my interview wasn't a ringer, it went very well. I loved the atmosphere and think I would really like the block system and Henderson. I'm 20 and in my second yr of college. Will finish all but one pre-req which I'm taking this summer. 3.78 GPA and 3.9 science GPA. Like I said in an earlier post, USN became my 1st choice after my interview. I was hoping they'd be as impressed with me as I was with them. I'm not giving up hope but was hoping for the call after I saw so many others were getting called. There's still time and I'm being optimistic. :) :) :) Good Luck.

Thanx for your post, i feel loads better!!! :) I wanna see if i remember you, whats your name?? or if you dont want to post your name what time on 1-26 did you have your interview with Dr. DeYoung?

Thanx for your post, i feel loads better!!! :) I wanna see if i remember you, whats your name?? or if you dont want to post your name what time on 1-26 did you have your interview with Dr. DeYoung?
Ellen--I post under my mom's name (she's the class of 78 Pharmacy school-my dad's the class of 81 Pharmacy school) I've often wondered why I love pharmacy so much :):):)

for anyone who is familiar with this from last year, do you know if they are still making calls for interviews? many sound like they have already had appointments or have one coming up. I havent heard anything, is this bad yet? or do I still have some hope?

thanks all

for anyone who is familiar with this from last year, do you know if they are still making calls for interviews? many sound like they have already had appointments or have one coming up. I havent heard anything, is this bad yet? or do I still have some hope?

thanks all

I have also not heard anything after completing the application.

Don't worry...there is still March and April. I'm trying to be optimistic as well. I haven't received an invitation yet either. Waiting is all that can be done. I've learned that the anticipation takes a lot out of my self-esteem and my studying. There are still classes to be taken care of :oops:...

...at least if I don't make it this year, I will have all my pre-reqs done by the time I apply next year!

Cheer up...it's not over yet!:banana:

Hi all,

I am also waiting for interview call,, my GPA is 3.45 :idea:do you think Dr, Younge will invite people with such a low GPA.

Please if anyone can help me,, :scared:

Hey guys,

I feel like I blew my interview! My overall GPA is 3.9, BS in bio. Do you guys think there is any hope for me? Does anyone know what was the final cutoff score last year? :(

How is everyone doing? I am a pre-pharmacy student trying to complete my prereqs to apply at USN. I was wondering if anyone out there could advise me on something. I am currently taking O-Chem this semester. I have to withdraw from the class b/c of my job and was wondering how a withdrawal on my transcript would affect me when I try to apply to USN next year. This is my first time withdrawing from a course.

Thanks

I applied in November and still havent received any word from them. Should I have heard by now?

Well the reality is, that most people drop atleast 1 course... as long as you dont have a page full of "W"'s, you should be ok.
there is another thing to look at here, the fact that you are droping, what is possibly the most important class of pre-pharmacy doesnt look good. If you are stuggling with this class just know that O-chem II does not get easier. Try harder if you can and stay in it, if at all possible. But if you think you are gonna do bad, just let it go, and have a good reason if/when you ever get an interview.
good luck!

Well the reality is, that most people drop atleast 1 course... as long as you dont have a page full of "W"'s, you should be ok.
there is another thing to look at here, the fact that you are droping, what is possibly the most important class of pre-pharmacy doesnt look good. If you are stuggling with this class just know that O-chem II does not get easier. Try harder if you can and stay in it, if at all possible. But if you think you are gonna do bad, just let it go, and have a good reason if/when you ever get an interview.
good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I have to leave for a week and will miss two labs that can't be made up.

Hi all,

I am also waiting for interview call,, my GPA is 3.45 :idea:do you think Dr, Younge will invite people with such a low GPA.

Please if anyone can help me,, :scared:

Hi whats your pre-req. GPA?

It seems Dr. DeYoung was a little bit ambiguous in his calls. In all the instances I know of he stated that the interviewer believes you are a strong candidate, asked about the campus preference, told "You got it!" when the campus was named, but stopped short of the outright statement "you have been admitted." Also, I understand there is a delay with mailing the admission packages. Does anyone know more about it ?
:confused:

:love: Hey even i have been admitted into usn. Dr.michael deyoung called me on 18th, monday of this month. I am happy.

Dr. Michael Deyoung informed me that we will recieve our admission packages by the end of this month or in 1st week of march. If we didnt recieve by that time he told me to call his office. I have chosen nevada campus. How about you?

Hey, even I was at the same interview on 2/9. Congrats! which campus did u pick? I have chosen nevada campus. Gudluck
keep scrapping!!!!!
:)

Ellen--I post under my mom's name (she's the class of 78 Pharmacy school-my dad's the class of 81 Pharmacy school) I've often wondered why I love pharmacy so much :):):)

Well that narrows it down from the 30 guys that were there :)... lol im going to ask a gurl question--what were you wearing?? I prob wasnt hard to miss, I was there with my fiance :love:. Im thinkin that Dr. DeYoung only made the acceptance calls on monday the 18th and will be waiting to make further calls after some more interviews are finished--HOPEFULLY!! This wait is killing me!!!

I applied in November and still havent received any word from them. Should I have heard by now?

Dont worry my sister and a lot of my friends still havent heard anything yet...what are your stats?

[Im thinkin that Dr. DeYoung only made the acceptance calls on monday the 18th and will be waiting to make further calls after some more interviews are finished--HOPEFULLY!! This wait is killing me!!![/quote]

Do you know what are the next interview dates? I think you are right. Dr DeYoung wont give more accpceptance calls until after a few more interviews. (I thought i did well on my interview :()

[Im thinkin that Dr. DeYoung only made the acceptance calls on monday the 18th and will be waiting to make further calls after some more interviews are finished--HOPEFULLY!! This wait is killing me!!!

Do you know what are the next interview dates? I think you are right. Dr DeYoung wont give more accpceptance calls until after a few more interviews. (I thought i did well on my interview :()[/quote]

I thought there were two in march and one on april 1st...but thats hear-say so i dunno. When did you interview and what are your stats??

Well that narrows it down from the 30 guys that were there :)... lol im going to ask a gurl question--what were you wearing?? I prob wasnt hard to miss, I was there with my fiance :love:. Im thinkin that Dr. DeYoung only made the acceptance calls on monday the 18th and will be waiting to make further calls after some more interviews are finished--HOPEFULLY!! This wait is killing me!!!
Gray pinstriped skirt and jacket--lavender blouse--That's nice you had your fiance there, my boyfriend made the trip with me but didn't come to the interview. Hope you're right on the calls, and I truly hope I get a call soon.

Gray pinstriped skirt and jacket--lavender blouse--That's nice you had your fiance there, my boyfriend made the trip with me but didn't come to the interview. Hope you're right on the calls, and I truly hope I get a call soon.

Do you have brown hair?? If so i remember you, lol. Im sure we will start hearing about Dr. DeYoung making more calls the first week of march because that is also when the addmission packets will be done--along with more interviews. There are still tonz of seats left and i know a lot of ppl who got called a week before classes started from last year...so i guess all we can do is wait and hope :oops:

I thought there were two in march and one on april 1st...but thats hear-say so i dunno. When did you interview and what are your stats??[/quote]

My interview was on 01/26
Science GPA: 3.87
Cum. GPA: 3.8
Pharmacy experience in retail
Volunteered in hospital & events on campus
Finished prerequisites last fall

just wait! We all will get it :rolleyes:

Last year what was the cut-off GPA range,,, does anyone know that:scared:,
I have foreign pharmacy degree with GPA of 3.45 overall and 3.50 of science,, but didn't hear anything from USN yet,,,:rolleyes:
:thumbup: good luck to all who are still waiting for interview call,,

Yo I got into USN-PHARMACY SCHOOL ALSO!!!! Got the call this past Monday 02/18/08 while I was at work. Congrats to all the other people who got accepted. I hope to get to know some of you guys this upcoming fall, if you're going to Henderson that is!!!!! I interviewed on January 22nd. I do have to finish some remaining prereqs..anyone else doing the same?

And for those of you still waiting...just be patient!

I have a 3.59 overall gpa and a 3.7 pre-req gpa, but still haven't gotten an interview.

I'm taking OChem II, Microbiology, and Calc I right now. They are the last prereqs that I have to finish up.

I promised myself that if I don't get an interview by april and if I'm not getting an A in OChem II, that I will drop the course. If that happens, I'll take it over the summer, so that I can ace it while the information is still fresh.

What do you guys think about this? Thanx in advance for your inputs.

p.s. Half a year ago, I e-mailed Laurie Briggs and she had said that a C/NC or a W doesn't count against me.

I have a 3.59 overall gpa and a 3.7 pre-req gpa, but still haven't gotten an interview.

I'm taking OChem II, Microbiology, and Calc I right now. They are the last prereqs that I have to finish up.

I promised myself that if I don't get an interview by april and if I'm not getting an A in OChem II, that I will drop the course. If that happens, I'll take it over the summer, so that I can ace it while the information is still fresh.

p.s. Half a year ago, I e-mailed Laurie Briggs and she had said that a C/NC or a W doesn't count against me.

I would not drop the class, but if necessary just re-take it in the summer....

I suggest not to drop the class. I was in the same situation last year when i was taking Physio in Spr 07 and waiting for an interview. Right after i dropped the class, i received an invitation from the school, so i didnt take the invitation (!). Then i ended up taking the class again in the summer 07. The bad thing about it was that i didnt know what to write for the quest "what have you done to make yourself a stronger appicant?" on the app cycle starting in fall 07. I couldnt use "finishing the prerequisites" because that was what i put down on my app in fall 06.
So, dont drop it!

I have a 3.61 overall GPA and a 3.65 science gpa.

I had surgery two semesters ago and missed a couple of Microbiology lectures and a lab. I received a C+ in the class. I was wondering if I should retake the microbiology over to improve my science GPA to over a 3.7 and maybe improve my chances of getting into USN. Would USN count both Microbiology grades when I apply?

next interview dates are March 8 and April 1 for nevada campus....

march 4 and march 20 utah campus...

[Im thinkin that Dr. DeYoung only made the acceptance calls on monday the 18th and will be waiting to make further calls after some more interviews are finished--HOPEFULLY!! This wait is killing me!!!

Do you know what are the next interview dates? I think you are right. Dr DeYoung wont give more accpceptance calls until after a few more interviews. (I thought i did well on my interview :()[/quote]

Nevada interview schedule is:
March 8 & 18
April 1st.
I dont know about Utah campus....

Did anyone who interviewed on Feb 19th already get a call from Dr.DeYoung?

yes i went for interview on feb 19th.did u also interview on the same date?

hey those of u got in USN , congrats ....
i have been interviewed on 19th feb and interview was taken by Welder. she was very weird lady asked many so many questions very rudely.
anyways i wanna ask to all of those who got in that when u guys interviewed?who took ur interview?and what questions they asked and what was ur answers??