University of San Francisco or La Salle for PsyD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cate1025

Reaction score
Hi! I'm currently deciding between La Salle University and University of San Francisco for my PsyD Program (I know, opposite ends of the country...). I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the reputations of the school and which would be better in terms of strength of the program, reputation, and opportunity. Or if anyone attends/attended these programs and has any thoughts - let me know! Thank you so much! All thoughts appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It looks like La Salle is comparably cheaper and has better outcomes:

66% licensure rate for a Psy.D. program is concerning.
Agreed. Their APA internship rates are also concerning, as are the attrition data. And with an average of 6 years to degree completion at $50k/year tuition, that's a lot of money to be paying for concerning outcomes.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I'm currently deciding between La Salle University and University of San Francisco for my PsyD Program (I know, opposite ends of the country...). I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the reputations of the school and which would be better in terms of strength of the program, reputation, and opportunity. Or if anyone attends/attended these programs and has any thoughts - let me know! Thank you so much! All thoughts appreciated
Neither program is good. If you have the grit to reapply to either more reputable PsyD programs or funded programs, then I would recommend that. Attrition rate, internship match, price tag, and licensure are big red flags.

not sure if it matters, but USF has a good standing with UCSF so might be helpful if you are looking for jobs there, or adding them to your network

not sure if it matters, but USF has a good standing with UCSF so might be helpful if you are looking for jobs there, or adding them to your network
Pretty big "if" you can finish the program and get licensed.
1713021963477.png

Reactions: 2 users