University of Pittsburgh Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

does everyone get an email about account? I didn't get an email.. is it because I submitted my app late?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who already received an interview invite from Pitt, did you guys also receive an email asking you to sign up for interview information session? I received it a week ago, but all the dates they offered me are after my actual interview day (9/14). Does anyone know what the interview information session is about?
Yeah I saw that in the email too. I think it’s an information session or possibly a group interview. But I’m not 100% sure.

Yeah I saw that in the email too. I think it’s an information session or possibly a group interview. But I’m not 100% sure.
I didn’t receive this interview information session email? :( I didn’t receive the account set-up email either... all i’ve received from pitt is the supplemental fee received/app complete email way back in june :’(

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn’t receive this interview information session email? :( I didn’t receive the account set-up email either... all i’ve received from pitt is the supplemental fee received/app complete email way back in june :’(

I didn't receive anything either. But I submitted my app like 2 weeks ago... do you think not getting the email indicates something?

Pitt keeps teasing me with “follow us on Facebook” and “Why I chose Pitt dental medicine” emails. Pretty annoying

Reactions: 2 users
Pitt keeps teasing me with “follow us on Facebook” and “Why I chose Pitt dental medicine” emails. Pretty annoying
I’m not even getting these emails... is that indicative of a problem?

I’m not even getting these emails... is that indicative of a problem?
I don't think this is indicative of anything. I feel like they send these emails to everyone who applied. Have you checked your spam folder?

I don't think this is indicative of anything. I feel like they send these emails to everyone who applied. Have you checked your spam folder?
Yup, it’s empty :(

Just got an interview for September 28th!

Reactions: 3 users
Do you mind if I ask when you applied and if you are IS or OOS?
I believe everything was completed by July 15th and I’m IS

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #1
School:
University of Pittsburgh
Notification date: 9/9/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: In-state
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/14 ** BUT... my DAT was not verified until 8/6 (thanks 'rona)
GPA (science, overall): 3.80, 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25 AA/ 24 TS/ 24 PAT/ 28 RC
Dates available OR your interview date: end of September
Method of interview: Virtual

Interview #2
School: University of Pittsburgh
Notification date: 9/17/2020
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: June
GPA (overall, science): 3.71, 3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/22/27/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/5
Method of Interview: Zoom

Would anyone here who has already had their interview care to discuss how it went? Was it conversational like in past years with the two interviews or was it more MMI format now that it is on Zoom? My interview is tomorrow so I am kinda freaking out, haha.

Would anyone here who has already had their interview care to discuss how it went? Was it conversational like in past years with the two interviews or was it more MMI format now that it is on Zoom? My interview is tomorrow so I am kinda freaking out, haha.

It was a normal conversation more than an interview

For those of you who already received an interview invite from Pitt, did you guys also receive an email asking you to sign up for interview information session? I received it a week ago, but all the dates they offered me are after my actual interview day (9/14). Does anyone know what the interview information session is about?
It's information I believe about the school, programs, financial aid, etc. that would normally occur on an interview day...

It was a normal conversation more than an interview

Thank you for the fast reply, haha. Okay, cool-- easing my nerves a lot with that. Is it fair then to assume it was open file if more conversational?

Thank you for the fast reply, haha. Okay, cool-- easing my nerves a lot with that. Is it fair then to assume it was open file if more conversational?

Yeah it was open file and they know about you. There’s a 15 minute timer and as soon as that timer is up you get yanked out of the interview which is awkward

Just got an interview.
OOS, high stats and high ECs and non-trad career changer.
Submitted my app the first day
Interview 10/19

Reactions: 1 users
@iloveteeth.5 There are 3 interview slots and you interview 1-on-1 for two of them. They're each 15 minutes long. The other interview slot is basically a Q&A session with current dental students.

Reactions: 1 users
@soccerdude53149 Definitely prepare for the main ones: (1) Tell me about yourself? (2) Why dentistry? (3) Why University of Pittsburgh?
Other than that, just know your application inside and out and if you want to prepare a bit extra, look up past interview questions for the school. Most importantly though, just relax! UPitt's interview is really conversational and the staff is really friendly. Good luck and if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me!

@soccerdude53149 Definitely prepare for the main ones: (1) Tell me about yourself? (2) Why dentistry? (3) Why University of Pittsburgh?
Other than that, just know your application inside and out and if you want to prepare a bit extra, look up past interview questions for the school. Most importantly though, just relax! UPitt's interview is really conversational and the staff is really friendly. Good luck and if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me!
Thank you so much!

Has anyone got the zoom link for tomorrow's the interview session?

Interview #5
Notification date: 10/30/2020
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 7/6
GPA (overall, science): 3.60, 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/22/29/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/9

Interview #6
Notification date: 10/31/2020
Residency: HI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: June
GPA (overall, science): 3.96, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/25/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/09

For those who already interviewed, what was the interview format? Just a regular 1 on 1 interview or a group interview? and how long was it??

Does anyone know what percentage of students that get interviews eventually end up getting accepted?

For those of you that got interviews via email, did your status change on AADSAS or is it still "Received/Under Review"?

For those of you that got interviews via email, did your status change on AADSAS or is it still "Received/Under Review"?
I got invited in September and it’s still invited for interview

I got invited in September and it’s still invited for interview
Do you remember if it changed after you accepted the interview via email or did it just automatically change? Sorry to keep asking but I realized some people's interview invites have been going to spam and want to ask around schools and see how things were for them

Do you remember if it changed after you accepted the interview via email or did it just automatically change? Sorry to keep asking but I realized some people's interview invites have been going to spam and want to ask around schools and see how things were for them
Just automatically

Got an interview invite today as well. OOS, 3.66 GPA, 21AA/21TS

455 interviewed 80 accepted but not sure the percentage of pre-December verse post

*80 enrolled, we don't know how many people rejected an acceptance. Where did you get the 455 number? Was there a breakdown for in-state/out-of-state? I'm curious to know what percent of in state interviewees get accepted.

*80 enrolled, we don't know how many people rejected an acceptance. Where did you get the 455 number? Was there a breakdown for in-state/out-of-state? I'm curious to know what percent of in state interviewees get accepted.
Yes sorry I meant enrolled not accepted. It is on the fact sheet in Canva folder they sent us if you got an interview but I believe all the information is on their website also. There is a breakdown of IS/OOS and it’s pretty much 50/50 if I remember correctly.

For those who have already interviewed, can you give more insight on the interview presentation session? How should I prepare for that, do we get a one-on-one interview in that or is it just an information session?

For those who have already interviewed, can you give more insight on the interview presentation session? How should I prepare for that, do we get a one-on-one interview in that or is it just an information session?
It's just an information session and student panel; no need to prepare

So we don't have to dress up or turn on our cameras at all?
Thanks
When I attended both sessions we were all dressed up and had our cameras on. On the information session day you will have an opportunity to ask questions to students again.

Does anyone know if they are done sending out pre-December interviews?

Anybody still waiting on their zoom information session link for tomorrow?

Anybody still waiting on their zoom information session link for tomorrow?
Hi I am going to the zoom information session tmr as well, and I still haven't received the link.