University of Pittsburgh Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TacoKisses

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those that have applied, please post if you have gotten your interview date yet. From what I've read from past years on sdn, Pitt's pharmacy admissions is slightly disorganized.

This is my top choice being an Alum, so I just want to know when they have started to send out interviews

Members don't see this ad.

I was also wondering when I would be hearing from them. I had my app in around September, I did received an email from them in December saying they were reviewing apps in Jan/Feb. So hopefully something soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well just from reading past years of pharmacy applicants, theyll send out interviews anywhere from this time to as late as early March. I've read also that those that submitted early back in like Aug/sept hadnt gotten their applications looked at even in late february.

Maybe disorganized isnt the best word. I've had other deadline schools from the same deadline date grant interview dates already.

It's just Pitt is the school I want to go to, because theyre tops in many things, and esp with the UPMC health system from personal experience just gives pharm students so many chances to succeed, including residency after graduating.

But its forced me to request to b waitlisted with 2 schools that already accepted me, because they required a decision within so many wks. I'm most likely Going to have to put a deposit down on one school just so I have a seat somewhere, then if I get accepted to Pitt to lose that deposit at the other school, and a few hundred bucks is a lot to lose.

Oh. I see what you mean. I'm sorry about that, but congratulations on being accepted into school tho!!!. Sivapharm they just sent me the same thing today, but I submitted my application like two weeks ago.

Just got my interview notice today. Hopefully the rest of you hear something

Last edited:
It's February... Anyone else got an interview?

any idea how many interviews have been held? or if there is a lot coming up? I still haven't heard about an interview, and I have gotten interviews everywhere else I applied.

When they sent my interview invitation, they gave me about 8 different dates to choose from, from the beginning of February to the beginning of March.

When I got my invitation, they gave me like 8 or 9 interview dates from February 9th to early March.

Also, are you 1.)a pre-admit pitt student, 2.)a pitt student but not pre-admit, 3.) a penn. resident, or 4.) an out of state student......can you chose the one that applys most....I am interested in knowing these stats

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone who has received an interview invite could post the interview dates for March, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

When I got my invitation, they gave me like 8 or 9 interview dates from February 9th to early March.

Well, it looks like the interview dates are getting booked really quickly. I only had three dates to choose from on February.

I just got off the phone with admissions and was informed that the last interviews are being held Tuesday. A little confused about this as people have said that when they received their invitations there were dates available in early March. If anyone has heard anything else please post.

I really thought there was a march date for that week. I just checked my email and the 28th is the last..I apologize.

Still hoping to get an interview. Does anyone have any information about any more interviews being held in March. From last years thread, the last interview was on March 19.

I called the admissions office on Friday 2/24 and was told that the last interviews were Tuesday 2/28.

I just got my acceptance e-mail this morning! :) I interviewed on the 23rd of February, so that was a lot faster than I thought it would be since the pharmacy students there said that we'd hear back by April 15th.

Congrats...I wasn't expecting for anybody to hear back til at least later in the month..May I ask what your stats were (i.e. GPA, PCAT score)?

I just got my acceptance e-mail this morning! :) I interviewed on the 23rd of February, so that was a lot faster than I thought it would be since the pharmacy students there said that we'd hear back by April 15th.

Congrats...I wasn't thinking anybody would hear anything until at least the end of the month...Might I ask what your stats were (ie. GPA, PCAT score)?

This is so nerve-wracking...I wanna get into Pitt so bad...I hoping they're sending them out in small batches.

Anyone else hear anything?

Congrats...I wasn't thinking anybody would hear anything until at least the end of the month...Might I ask what your stats were (ie. GPA, PCAT score)?
Sure!

Overall GPA: 3.64
Science GPA: 3.33
PCAT Composite: 96%

I had volunteer work, plenty of non-pharmacy work (as a tour guide and a front line supervisor), a little research experience, and a ridiculous number of extracurricular activities and leadership positions on my application, haha.

This is so nerve-wracking...I wanna get into Pitt so bad...I hoping they're sending them out in small batches.

Anyone else hear anything?
Hey TacoKisses!

I've pretty much been lurking these forums throughout the entire application process lol. Has anyone heard anything yet? I got accepted about a week ago and I'm 98% sure I'm accepting the offer. I haven't been able to find a facebook group or anything though. Does anyone know if there is one yet?

Hey TacoKisses!

I've pretty much been lurking these forums throughout the entire application process lol. Has anyone heard anything yet? I got accepted about a week ago and I'm 98% sure I'm accepting the offer. I haven't been able to find a facebook group or anything though. Does anyone know if there is one yet?

I sent in my deposit in on the 17th, so unless a rabid animal got a hold of it and ate it, I'm going! I haven't been able to find a Facebook group yet, but let's be friends. :D

Hey TacoKisses!

Well despite my 94 PCAT score, it sounds like I'm going to be waitlisted since I still haven't heard anything. I have my deposit at another school but am still holding out, hoping I hear something

Interviewed first week of March and got accepted last week and I also got 98 on PCAT :) Still waiting on official letter in mail though all I have is the admissions email

oops, forgot to check this thing! I sent in my deposit but I got in to Loma Linda too so I'm pretty torn between staying pretty close to home and trying something new. I hope you get in to Pitt but at least you're going somewhere for sure =)

Someone sent me the link to the Facebook group, it's pitt school of pharmacy class of 2016 =)

oops, forgot to check this thing! I sent in my deposit but I got in to Loma Linda too so I'm pretty torn between staying pretty close to home and trying something new. I hope you get in to Pitt but at least you're going somewhere for sure =)

Someone sent me the link to the Facebook group, it's pitt school of pharmacy class of 2016 =)

You're the opposite of me; I'm trying to get as far away from home as possible, which isn't very far, haha. Do something new! :)