University of Pittsburgh Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed on Tuesday (1/22) and heard that I was accepted today!! So excited!!

I have an interview there on the 6th of Feb, can anyone explain to me how the interview goes.Am really nervous because thats my first choice and am out of state too.

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody else interviewing on January 28th? See you there in roughly 13 hours!

Can you please inform me about how the interview went and also how it was organized.I have my interview on the 6th of feb.Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you please inform me about how the interview went and also how it was organized.I have my interview on the 6th of feb.Thank you

Interview definitely went well. It was exactly the same as they outlined it in the email...30 minutes of Q&A with four current students, 15 minute tour of the building, and then a 30 minute interview with two faculty members who went back and forth taking turns asking questions. Ovearll, very stress free, but maybe that's because this is my fourth interview. Hope you do well!

That's wonderful! Ah, I can't wait for February to get here, so I can interview as well.

I interviewed on the 28th as well. Just watching the boards to see if anyone receives a response. Fingers crossed for everyone and good luck to my friend on the 6th :)

Good luck to everyone on the 6th. Hopefully we find out admissions decisions early, like the last batch did, by the end of this week!

Interviewing on wednesday and this will be my first time to Pitt's campus. Where is a good place to park during the interview?

And good luck to everyone who has already interviewed and is waiting to hear back!

I parked in Presby's parking garage. It's right across the st from Salk hall. It cost $7

Interviewed yesterday and I think it went well! Faculty and students were so nice! I would love to go to Pitt but I'm OOS and a non-pitt student so I don't think my chances are that good.... Still crossing fingers though!

Hey! Can anyone tell me if the interview is closed or open file? I'm just curious so I can better prepare!! Thanks!

Hey! Can anyone tell me if the interview is closed or open file? I'm just curious so I can better prepare!! Thanks!

Mine was closed file, they had little information about me. however, they did take a lot of notes as they were interviewing me, they said it was to relay the info back to the admissions committee. What date is your interview? Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hope to see some of y'all there! I will be interviewing Saturday. Thank you so much for all the great info.

I interview the 19th. Excited/nervous, of course. I actually have three interviews this week, so it's going to be crazy. Going to be happy to get them out of the way!

Got an acceptance this morning! Watch your inbox!

Could I ask when you interviewed?

My interview was 2/6. I'm not a conditional student and I'm in-state.

Just got an acceptance email today! I am out of state and non-Pitt.

Can I ask what days you both interviewed?

Can I ask what days you both interviewed?
I interviewed 2/6 but I will also be declining my acceptance to attend University of Maryland so at least one more spot will be opening up!

Congrats to all of you!
I'm wondering if they send out all the non-Pitt acceptances first? I'm trying to tell myself that since I don't personally know of any Pitt students that have gotten in yet. I feel like it's getting really late to not have heard anything :(

Unfortunately no... Sad face... My friend is a pitt student who got accepted. I'm in the same boat as you

Heyyyyy!!! I actually just got accepted yesterday afternoon and I'm not a Pitt student. I was thinking that because it was so late, I wouldn't be getting accepted...but I did! I'm definitely accepting the offer! I wish everyone good luck and can't wait to see all of those who have already been accepted! :)

Wait listed... If anyone out there is declining their invitation it would be great if you let me know. That way I can call and "remind" them I'm still out there.

Hey guys,

Congrats on the acceptances!

I will be applying for this upcoming cycle as a 2nd year - out of state.

Is it difficult to get in from out of state? Do they accept a good amount each year?
What were some of the stats of OOS acceptances/interviews

Thanks!

I got an interview invite from University of Pittsburgh on Tuesday

Just got my interview invite this morning. Submitted my PharmCAS and supplemental application the last weekend in November

Got an invitation back in December. I'm actually on my way for interview tomorrow, flying in from out of state.
Über nervous about trmw..

Got an invitation back in December. I'm actually on my way for interview tomorrow, flying in from out of state.
Über nervous about trmw..
Be prepare for some scenarios questions

I was there on Thursday

Hey Binchen, I was wondering what your stats were. I had an interview on Jan. 26 and I haven't heard back yet... getting nervous.

Hey Binchen, I was wondering what your stats were. I had an interview on Jan. 26 and I haven't heard back yet... getting nervous.

I'm not a PA resident.
I got 95% composite on PCAT with 3.8 GPA. I am very active in volunteering and have a lot of involvement in different leadership positions but no pharmacy related experience.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm a PA resident, but 3.5 GPA and 80% composite, I do have pharmacy experience but not too many leadership positions... hopefully I hear from them soon! Thanks for responding and congratulations on your acceptance! :)

Yeah I'm a PA resident, but 3.5 GPA and 80% composite, I do have pharmacy experience but not too many leadership positions... hopefully I hear from them soon! Thanks for responding and congratulations on your acceptance! :)
Thanks :) And they first told me it might take couple weeks.... I was surprised they responded back so fast

I interviewed on Jan. 28th and still didn't hear from pitt. Has anyone got accepted yet?

I'm assuming the acceptances are going to start coming out around March 15th based on the site. I interviewed 2-6 and neglected to ask. I've heard that this school sends stuff out in early March in most cases. Hopefully some more posts start circulating about acceptances on here just to get an idea about when they are being sent out.

I'm assuming the acceptances are going to start coming out around March 15th based on the site. I interviewed 2-6 and neglected to ask. I've heard that this school sends stuff out in early March in most cases. Hopefully some more posts start circulating about acceptances on here just to get an idea about when they are being sent out.
Thanks!! :D

Anyone on the wait list? A friend of mine got on the wait list and I haven't heard anything.... Does this mean that I'm denied? :(