University of Oklahoma c/o 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DownonthePharm

Chillin' n Fillin'
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! What do you think so far? Im in OKC, and I really feel for you guys in Tulsa, its weird to watch the one class we have to over the big screen, I cant imagine most of them being that way.

So far even with the temptation (recorded video) to miss class, especially biochemistry, which is the only class after lunch I have been good and went everyday, even to the lecture we didnt have to.

I actually considering the PharmD/MS program in administration (or whatever the one was called that wasnt basic sciences). Am I a crazy head or what! :eek: I really want to own a pharmacy (or several) one day so I think it would be very helpful for me, but more money and more classes??!!??

I dont really have any "friends" yet, I chit chat on occation, but I have social anxiety and its hard to talk to people sometimes. Im getting a little more comfortable now though. Even though the idea of being on camera TERRIFIES me!

What organizations are you guys planning on joining? I just joined NCPA, and I think Im going to go to a compounding class this December, but I am going to go check out most of the others too.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question that I was hoping somebody could help me out with, I am hopefully going to attend OU starting the Fall of 07. What sort of class schedule do you all have? Thanks!!!!!

Monday: 10-11 Drug Delivery, 11-12 Pharmacy Math, 1-2 Biochem

Tuesday: 8-10 Physiology

Wedsday: 10-11 Drug Delivery, 11-12 Pharmacy Math, 1-2 Biochem

Thursday: 8-10 Physiology, 10-11 Drug Delivery, 11-12 Pharmacy Math, 1-2 Optional Seminar

Friday: 8-10 Physiology, 10-12 Pharmacy Practice, 1-2 Biochem

We also have a Drug Delivery Lab once a week from 2-5 on one of three days. There are also 6 scheduled site visitations starting in October. They claim its 18 credits but it doesnt feel like it yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you bunches!!!!!!! :D

Dr. Lourdes Planas-Thornhill is my high school buddy...she lived 6 houses down from me...:thumbup:

Hi everyone! What do you think so far? Im in OKC, and I really feel for you guys in Tulsa, its weird to watch the one class we have to over the big screen, I cant imagine most of them being that way.

So far even with the temptation (recorded video) to miss class, especially biochemistry, which is the only class after lunch I have been good and went everyday, even to the lecture we didnt have to.

I actually considering the PharmD/MS program in administration (or whatever the one was called that wasnt basic sciences). Am I a crazy head or what! :eek: I really want to own a pharmacy (or several) one day so I think it would be very helpful for me, but more money and more classes??!!??

I dont really have any "friends" yet, I chit chat on occation, but I have social anxiety and its hard to talk to people sometimes. Im getting a little more comfortable now though. Even though the idea of being on camera TERRIFIES me!

What organizations are you guys planning on joining? I just joined NCPA, and I think Im going to go to a compounding class this December, but I am going to go check out most of the others too.

I plan to join NCPA as well, and ASP, and Kappa Psi. Are you going to the Las Vegas convention with NCPA? I forgot to get the membership form from NCPA and now I don't know where to go to get the form. Already I'm sick of their free pizza. They need a new free food selection. I want to join more but they're so expensive!! I think Kappa Psi and Phi Delta Chi dues are $70 or so. :eek:

I don't think I'll ever appear on camera, at least not intentionally. It's funny to see you guys accidentally turned on your camera and not knowing it though.

I haven't missed a lecture yet neither!!

You guys should do something after school to mingle. Like us in Tulsa, we had laser tag night last week.

Well yall have done better than me. I just can't wake up at 5 to get there at 8 and I just can't seem to stick around after lunch. But I passed that little module business we took today...OKCers.
....Tulsaers, it's easy, fear not.

Well yall have done better than me. I just can't wake up at 5 to get there at 8 and I just can't seem to stick around after lunch. But I passed that little module business we took today...OKCers.
....Tulsaers, it's easy, fear not.

Hahahah thanks for the head up. I haven't looked at math yet. Been studying for biochem and phys. How many did you do? 3?

I just took one math module. Too much little crap memorization for the second one. Make sure you print out the "what you need to know" from the website.

Im sorry you tulsa folks will have to ride down here on buses next week. I hope at least they are the charter type, and not the big yellow kind.

I just took one math module. Too much little crap memorization for the second one. Make sure you print out the "what you need to know" from the website.

Im sorry you tulsa folks will have to ride down here on buses next week. I hope at least they are the charter type, and not the big yellow kind.

Hahahahahaha those yellow school bus that make you bounce 5 feet in the air whenever they go over any bump? hahhahahaha those were the days.

Man o man biochem sucks to study for. Im feeling really dumb right now. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow I'm screwed. Biochem test in about 4 hours.....shouldn't have waited until the last minute to study...you would think with only 6 days worth of lectures it wouldn't be that bad....oh darn.....oh well...only worth 7% of my grade....I'm guessing I'm about to lose 3.5% of my grade.

you OKC people were hardcore about that 1 point

and we are not required to ride the bus anymore :D

Yea Steinberg probably hates our guts now. :scared:

you OKC people were hardcore about that 1 point

and we are not required to ride the bus anymore :D

yeah, its actually a little embarassing all the passion that one little point stirred up...

but if the outcome is no more of the "none of the above", "all of the above", "some of the above" question nonsense Ill roll with it happily....

Yep, that was me, first on the OKC name list I think. I think I managed to be on camera for the absolutely briefest time possible. :)

Hey guys, we are 1/8th done with pharmacy school!!!

Everyone doing OK? Feeling "special"?

Happy Holidays!

I have applied to OU and am still waiting to hear something. I know that they send interview invitations via email. Do you know how they inform you of a rejection (mail or email)

The anticiation is killing me.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks

I have applied to OU and am still waiting to hear something. I know that they send interview invitations via email. Do you know how they inform you of a rejection (mail or email)

The anticiation is killing me.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks

I think that I got a rejection letter by mail ast year.
Good luck.

Whats up guys!? Hows the test block treating everyone. :D