University of Louisville Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Congrats! You’ll love the interview process. Everyone was so nice!

Any tips for the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Any tips for the interview?
Honestly, this is so cliche and I hate when people say this to me, but it’s true: be yourself. I am normally very bubbly and enthusiastic, and I was in the interview (I was a little worried I may come across looking stupid at first, but I really was just so excited to be there) and it was very relaxing. Don’t change yourself based on what you think they’re looking for! It was a great two-way conversation that didn’t feel like my interviewer was drilling me with any questions.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone tried contacting them for an application status check? If so, did you email or call and which phone number?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has Louisville already finished Pre December interviews

Interview #4
School: Louisville
Notification date: 10/12/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20
Application complete date: 7/21
GPA (overall, science): 3.12, 2.85 (Should be a bit higher with the classes I just took) Post-Bacc GPA: 3.69
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/22/23/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/27
Method of Interview: Zoom
Notification date: 10/22/2020
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/1
Application complete date: 9/12
GPA (overall, science): 3.49, 3.53 Masters in Molecular & Cell Bio: 3.58
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/16/18/Yes(PAT)
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/10

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! Random question: I am a second time applicant at ULSD. Does anyone know if they interview applicants a second time if I interviewed last year? If anyone knows please feel free to message me or respond to this!

Hey guys! Random question: I am a second time applicant at ULSD. Does anyone know if they interview applicants a second time if I interviewed last year? If anyone knows please feel free to message me or respond to this!
Yes they will invite you for an interview again if you’ve shown improvements in aspects of shadowing, DAT, productivity, GPA, and all that good stuff.

I know someone that was interviewed again as a second time applicant this cycle

Notification date: 10/22/2020
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/1
Application complete date: 9/12
GPA (overall, science): 3.49, 3.53 Masters in Molecular & Cell Bio: 3.58
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/16/18/Yes(PAT)
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/10
See ya there!

What was your stats first time? Shadowing hours? and Volunteer hours? Did you improve on your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
What was your stats first time? Shadowing hours? and Volunteer hours? Did you improve on your stats?
I know multiple people that have interviewed at the same school even three times! It’s all about improvement like this person said. Do a masters to show you are able to integrate into challenging courses, score higher on your dat to show you have proficient study habits and knowledge, and lastly all around increase your volunteering and shadowing hours to show your dedication to dentistry. Good luck!

3.3oGPA 3.12sGPA 3.07BBCP 23AA, 23TS, 30o-chem. My DAT last year was 21AA and my GPA's were about the same. I have added significant shadowing hours and community service hours as well as stronger recommendations. I hope to hear something soon.

3.3oGPA 3.12sGPA 3.07BBCP 23AA, 23TS, 30o-chem. My DAT last year was 21AA and my GPA's were about the same. I have added significant shadowing hours and community service hours as well as stronger recommendations. I hope to hear something soon.
There is a good improvement in DAT & Shadowing hours & Community Service ..... They should give you another shot....Good luck !!!

Notification date: 11/4/2020
Residency: FL
Application complete date: 8/19
GPA: Overall 3.41
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/18/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/17

Not sure if this has been answered, to those that have interviewed, was this open or closed file? Thank you!!!

I agree with the people earlier, this interview was very laid back, one on one, and with friendly faculty! Very nice school!

I agree with the people earlier, this interview was very laid back, one on one, and with friendly faculty! Very nice school!
Looks like you attended the interview, if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? Thanks

Would a ND resident Have much of a chance at either Kentucky programs?

Yeah, Louisville is very OOS friendly. I got an interview from Florida. more than half of their class consists of OOS students as well. I think 70%

Yeah, Louisville is very OOS friendly. I got an interview from Florida. more than half of their class consists of OOS students as well. I think 70%
Awesome I did apply to both and it’s under review but wasn’t sure if it was gonna be a bit of a reach.. GPA-3.78,sGPA-3.76, AA-20,TS-22,pat-20,RC-18 but QR is 14... Got As in all math classes and physics though

Awesome I did apply to both and it’s under review but wasn’t sure if it was gonna be a bit of a reach.. GPA-3.78,sGPA-3.76, AA-20,TS-22,pat-20,RC-18 but QR is 14... Got As in all math classes and physics though

you never know...and they don't have a cutoff. Doubt something as mere as QR will ruin your chances tbh. Stay optimistic! you got great stats

you never know...and they don't have a cutoff. Doubt something as mere as QR will ruin your chances tbh. Stay optimistic! you got great stats

I came here to say the same thing. You’ve got wonderful stats, and with a good personal statement and experience I’m sure you’ll have a case!

I came here to say the same thing. You’ve got wonderful stats, and with a good personal statement and experience I’m sure you’ll have a case!
Thank you! Yea I was pre-med until like last October so most of my experiences are tailored towards that.. like 1000 hours as a hospital orderly, 1500 as a Nurse aide, 2000 Usda research hours and I’ve been a covid contact tracer for a while now too.. tough when you home state doesn’t have a dental school but it is what it is! Good luck you two!

I got an interview earlier this week and I applied at the very beginning of the cycle - don't lose hope! I'm OOS if that helps :)

I got an interview earlier this week and I applied at the very beginning of the cycle - don't lose hope! I'm OOS if that helps :)
Congratulations !!! If you don't mind me asking, can you share your stats?

I hate that QR, it is such a useless piece of crap, I don't even know why it is even part of DAT....

QR was so hard for me!!! I struggled badly on that and got a 16 on it. Ugh
Yea I had the kindest of wanting to work through each question which of course wasted tim so I was only halfway through with like 10 min left.. as I started filling in random answers I realized how many easy ones I could have gotten but simply didn’t have time.. had no issues and lots of extra time with the rest of the test

When is your interview date? I think Nov 17th is the last one before Dec 15th.

How did you guys answer the question "Why Louisville?" in the AADSAS application.? I think I didn't answer too well on that one. I am not sure if that has any impact on interview prospects.

How did you guys answer the question "Why Louisville?" in the AADSAS application.? I think I didn't answer too well on that one. I am not sure if that has any impact on interview prospects.

they didn't even ask me that lol. I would avoid thinking about the interview, we as applicants always wish we answered better to the questions and think we didn't do good. I'm sure you did well so block it out haha

Anybody get any interview invite lately from Louisville? Are they done w/ pre-Dec interview already?

ULSD will send e-mail at 12:01 AM EST for acceptances?