University of Iowa Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got an email from Iowa that they received my app and are looking it over. My status in ADEA changed to "received/under review". Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 1 user
1st interview invite! Received today at 10 am.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I received a interview for Iowa and paid my processing fee and didn’t see any interview dates pop up does anyone know where to locate them on the Iowa portal?
You’ll receive another email from COD-apps@uiowa with a direct link where you can choose an interview date

Is there a preference between in-person or virtual interview? does it look bad if I choose virtual interview?

Is there a preference between in-person or virtual interview? does it look bad if I choose virtual interview?

Personally, I would say do what makes more sense financially. If you have to fly out for the interview and stay multiple nights then I would suggest that you choose the virtual option. However, if you are driving and financially are able to afford keeping a hotel room and all, I would suggest that you choose the in-person option.

Either way, you should be fine but if possible, try to interview in person :)

They did not give me the option of a virtual interview. I think its all inperson. Correct me if im wrong (oos received an invite at the end of june)

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #1
School:
The University of Iowa
URM/ORM? Caucasian
Notification date: 07/31/22
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NC
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/01/22
Application complete date: 06/08/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.79, 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/26/21/24/No
Dates available OR your interview date: Sept 15, Sept 23, Nov 16
Method of interview: In-person or Virtual

Have anybody ever gotten out of the deferred list?

Did anybody get that “Interview day experience” email today? My heart dropped for a second and I thought I had an interview :(

Reactions: 1 users
Did anybody get that “Interview day experience” email today? My heart dropped for a second and I thought I had an interview :(
Yeah I thought the same thing and got krissed💀

Interview #2
Notification date:
8/3
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: 7/22
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 2.91 overall: 3.35
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18 AA, 17 TS, 19 PAT, 22 Reading
Method of interview: In Person

Last edited:
Interview #2
Notification date:
8/3
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18 AA, 17 TS, 19 PAT, 22 Reading
Method of interview: In Person or virtual
Good luck!

Interview #2
Notification date:
8/3
Method of interview: In Person
Just scheduled! September 23rd.

Got an interview invite on June 15.
OOS
GPA 4.0
DAT 22; PAT 21; No scores below an 18.
19 years old, graduated high school 2021
Submitted application June 1.

Deferred. Does anybody know if ppl come out of deferred list at Iowa or I am pretty much being softly rejected?

Deferred. Does anybody know if ppl come out of deferred list at Iowa or I am pretty much being softly rejected?
there is no such thing as a "soft rejection"...

why are you lmao?
you really think that schools care so much about you that they don't want to flat out reject you?
deferred means deferred, some schools use that as a holding pattern until they start to offer interviews, some schools will decide later, and others you will never hear from
it's better than a rejection...

why are you lmao?
you really think that schools care so much about you that they don't want to flat out reject you?
deferred means deferred, some schools use that as a holding pattern until they start to offer interviews, some schools will decide later, and others you will never hear from
it's better than a rejection...
they way it reads I found it funny, sorry didn't mean to be rude or anything, but you are right, thanks.

anyone who been in the interview that can give some insight into what type of questions they asked?

Should be filled. The last interview day is Nov 16. Iowa doesn’t offer interviews after Dec

Is this true? Where have you gotten this information?
Lol yes it’s true. After your interview they send a survey about your experience and it has all the dates on it as you choose which date you attended

I believe Iowa tells you that they also prefer students that apply in June for their program so if you’re late to apply you pretty much tossed your app unless you’re IS or have amazing stats

As stated here: How to Apply to DDS Program
Also true if you are applying to Iowa submit the first day it opens.

my status changed from interview invite to complete/under review 😳