University of Illinois at Chicago Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rumor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I got my letter today via e-mail!!!!
Congrats to all that were accepted and attending UIC c/o 2012!:love:

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! I got my letter yesterday too. I'm pretty excited. Now the difficult part is keeping motivated these next few weeks until finals!

It's really bad for the motivation knowing that we just need C's in our last prereqs..... Congrats to all of the new class of 2012!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am having serious problems trying to stay focused and motivated also! :sleep:

Are you guys all from Chicago?
I am!!!
I've been at UIC for 7 years now, I am finishing up my Master's!

By the time I am done I will have been at UIC for 11 years!

I am having serious problems trying to stay focused and motivated also! :sleep:

Are you guys all from Chicago?
I am!!!
I've been at UIC for 7 years now, I am finishing up my Master's!

By the time I am done I will have been at UIC for 11 years!

Wow, that's a long time at UIC! But congrats none the less. You must like it there which makes me feel good about my decision! I'm from the north suburbs of Chicago (Gurnee) and I'm finishing up my undergrad at Marquette in Milwaukee. I can't wait to move to chitown! I love it there.

Anyone here interested in sharing a 2-bed, 2-bath apartment in Naperville or Aurora?

That is pretty far to travel...

Aren't we supposed to be receiving some sort of information package in the mail from UIC?

Has anybody gotten one yet?

Aren't we supposed to be receiving some sort of information package in the mail from UIC?

Has anybody gotten one yet?

I know of one person that received her's yesterday. The letters should be reaching us in the suburbs soon. I'll post here as soon as I receive mine.

I received the letter today :) My impressions are posted on our facebook group.

Hey all!

I just got a call today and my spot just opened up off the waitlist! I can't believe it! I finally made it to UIC!

Congrats to all and see you soon!:D

That's a trip. It'll probably take one-way at least 90 minutes.

It's not that far. It's at most a 45 minute drive one way from Naperville/Aurora. In traffic, it would be 90 minutes to 2 hours. I've driven from Oswego to UIC in 50 minutes, and it's farther than Naperville or Aurora.

:laugh: I'm thinking the same thing. UIC SDNer's from last year posted much more than this year's bunch. We should talk more. It might actually be benefiicial to UIC too if we discussed it more on SDN because it would probably raise awareness and interest in our pharmacy program.

Anyway, like I suggested to pipiamoeba in the interview thread, you may want to join the Class of 2012 group on facebook. As far as I know, that's where the most action seems to be these days. Unfortunately, it's still not a lot of action.

It's not that far. It's at most a 45 minute drive one way from Naperville/Aurora. In traffic, it would be 90 minutes to 2 hours. I've driven from Oswego to UIC in 50 minutes, and it's farther than Naperville or Aurora.
You would have to be nuts to drive to UIC. First, the traffic is horrible on the expressways. Second, last time I checked, parking fee is about $250 per semester. Initially, you will be assigned to W-2 parking lot at Damen and Harrison. You will still be required to get the U-Pass.

:laugh: I'm thinking the same thing. UIC SDNer's from last year posted much more than this year's bunch. We should talk more. It might actually be benefiicial to UIC too if we discussed it more on SDN because it would probably raise awareness and interest in our pharmacy program.

Anyway, like I suggested to pipiamoeba in the interview thread, you may want to join the Class of 2012 group on facebook. As far as I know, that's where the most action seems to be these days. Unfortunately, it's still not a lot of action.
I'm a member of the Facebook group already.

I can't really complain though. We'll all be meeting soon, and I am nearly stress-free right now.

I'm really happy to start at UIC this Fall. A couple questions/comments:

Is anyone else considering on-campus housing? I heard that SSR isn't that bad, and I'm not willing to commute/live with my parents any longer. I figure it's not that much more than nearby apartments, and it's a lot less to worry about (landlord, monthly rent payments, utilities, shady roommates, shady neighborhood, etc.) What does anyone else think? I've already applied for housing and am waiting for them to give me the green light to make a selection.

Also, what's anyone doing for a computer? I'm pretty set on getting a MacBook Pro. I'm tired of clunker PCs. Anybody know when student aid gets disbursed, and in what kind of installments? I submitted my FAFSA last weekend and got my student aid report earlier this week.

Alright, I'm done. :D