University of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody else interviewing Wednesday Jan. 26th at 9:00 am?

Members don't see this ad.

My interview was yesterday at 1:00. It went SO well!! :) Man it's hard not to get sucked into the whole Bulldog Nation thing...that campus is beautiful!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, they have rolling interviews going all the way into March or April...can't remember which. They have one last set of interviews once they receive the January PCAT

Does anyone know when the first early acceptance will be notified?
I heard it will be next week but just making sure.

What are the dates for the orientation and white coat ceremony for fall 2011, does anyone know? Last year they were around August 13th and 14th, respectively, so I'm wondering if they'd be the same for this year...

I'm pretty sure the ceremony will be the Saturday before class begin which is the 14th of August, but I'm not 100% sure.

Anybody have an interview for tomorrow (2/8) at 9 a.m.??

For those that recently interviewed, did they mention a specific day on which they would be meeting?

The letters are out in the mail for the first round of invites. I just recieved my acceptance letter :D Good Luck everyone!!

Awesome, congrats! :clap:

For myself, it turned a crappy week(both my kids had strep) into a great week. Now that the little ones are better, its even better. Always nice to know that the hard work is paying off.

I also got Athens for the 3rd year which is great!

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome, congrats! :clap:

For myself, it turned a crappy week(both my kids had strep) into a great week. Now that the little ones are better, its even better. Always nice to know that the hard work is paying off.

I also got Athens for the 3rd year which is great!

I got Athens too! :)

Congratulations on everyone who got a letter! I'm waiting to see if I get mine...do you guys mind sharing your stats (just so I know whether or not to look forward to a letter this time?)

PCAT 85
prereq GPA ~3.3
my interview was "the best he's had in a long time," said Dr. Wolfgang!

Pre-req GPA 4.0
PCAT 87%
~ no pharmacy experience, although served in the military

good luck mhpharm...hopefully you will see something this week.

Sarah, Dr. Wolfgang was great, that must have been great when he said that. I felt really at ease in my interview, and it usually takes me a bit to warmup but they definitely do a great job at UGA in making it a great environment to be interviewed. Now, just need to make sure that all of our immunizations are up to date and in order before August. Although, I doubt i am missing any as the military throws everything into your body...

PCAT 85
prereq GPA ~3.3
my interview was "the best he's had in a long time," said Dr. Wolfgang!

Ahhh! Wow- you must have interviewed really well then
Congrats and thanks for sharing the stat =)
:thumbup:

Pre-req GPA 4.0
PCAT 87%
~ no pharmacy experience, although served in the military

good luck mhpharm...hopefully you will see something this week.

Thanks! You guys have really good stats :)

Although, I doubt i am missing any as the military throws everything into your body...

Haha, hear hear. I once watched a footage of some new recruits getting lined up and bent over to get their vaccinations done before boot camp. The military seems to want to pump you full of shots whether you want 'em or not, it was gruesome to watch... (I am really needle-shy :scared:)

The military tends to also be the guinea pigs for newer immunizations, and what not. We were the first large group to start taking the live flu immunizations(snorting the crap up your nose), and the first group for anthrax vaccinations and what not. Not too mention getting to know tear gas and other friendly ways to make you gag and cry. At least we were paid well...wait...maybe not...haha.

It was great though, you meet a lot of great friends and unique individuals, and there are times when it is a lot of fun.

haha, nice

The military tends to also be the guinea pigs for newer immunizations, and what not. We were the first large group to start taking the live flu immunizations(snorting the crap up your nose), and the first group for anthrax vaccinations and what not. Not too mention getting to know tear gas and other friendly ways to make you gag and cry. At least we were paid well...wait...maybe not...haha.

It was great though, you meet a lot of great friends and unique individuals, and there are times when it is a lot of fun.

Has anyone else heard back from UGA yet? I had my interview January 25th and I've been checking the mail everyday. I hope I get accepted soon!

Has anyone else heard back from UGA yet? I had my interview January 25th and I've been checking the mail everyday. I hope I get accepted soon!

UGA sends out acceptance mails once every month.
They send about 35 acceptance mails in Feb, another 35 acceptance mails in March, and the rest of acceptance mails in April.
The early acceptance mails for Feb were out last Friday and you should get it in this week if you are living in GA.
I guess you might not be accepted in the first early acceptance cycle if you are living in GA and didn't get the acceptance letter in this week.

I know some friends who interviewed this week and Dr. Wolfgang told them that the next early acceptance mails will be out after March 10th interview.
So I recommend you to wait until mid-march without being anxious everyday :)

Last edited:
UGA sends out acceptance mails once every month.
They send about 35 acceptance mails in Feb, another 35 acceptance mails in March, and the rest of acceptance mails in April.
The early acceptance mails for Feb were out last Friday and you should get it in this week if you are living in GA.
I guess you might not be accepted in the first early acceptance cycle if you are living in GA and didn't get the acceptance letter in this week.

I know some friends who interviewed this week and Dr. Wolfgang told them that the next early acceptance mails will be out after March 10th interview.
So I recommend you to wait until mid-march without being anxious everyday :)

Well, I didn't get anything today so I guess I have to wait until March. Thanks! :)

Accepted!

Congrats!!

--PandaPharm - my guess would be he is from the january group(including first week of feb) of acceptances, as the 2nd committee I believe is not meeting until this upcoming week. I could be wrong if they decided to meet on friday of course. But i know someone who interviewed on Feb 17th, and they were told that the next round of letters would be sent out before spring break.

Accepted!

Congrats! If you don't mind, please share your GPA and PCAT stats. Does anyone know if UGA gives you a timeframe in which you must reply regarding whether or not you will accept their admission offer?

Congrats! If you don't mind, please share your GPA and PCAT stats. Does anyone know if UGA gives you a timeframe in which you must reply regarding whether or not you will accept their admission offer?

You must send in your seat deposit/acceptance within 28-30 days of them mailing out the acceptance letter. On the bottom of you letter their will be a deadline.

For example: My letter was dated February 11th, and my acceptance and seat deposit were due by March 8th. Of course for me it was not an issue, I only wanted to go to UGA so I was glad to accept and send out my deposit asap:D

Do you have a school you prefer more than UGA that you are waiting on?

When does UGA interview until?

End of March(Maybe first week or so of April), if I remember right the last committee is the 2nd week of April. I could be wrong on this one, but i believe it is close to accurate.

The last round of interviews will be early April at the latest because everyone will know by April 14th whether or not they are accepted, waitlisted, etc.

The last round of interviews will be early April at the latest because everyone will know by April 14th whether or not they are accepted, waitlisted, etc.
I believe I am scheduled to interview on the very last interview date, April 5. Interview time slots filled FAST for those who were invited after the January PCAT scores were released.

You're welcome! And that's what I've heard too...good luck on your interview! It's definitely casual, and they make you feel so comfortable during the conversation!

Has anyone received an acceptance letter this week?

I just came home from work and the letter was in my mailbox. I'm so happy and probably won't sleep tonight. It is the best school in Georgia with the lowest tuition; you guys will get your letters soon. Best of luck!

Randy

Congratulations Randy! Do you live in Athens? I live out of town and wonder if it could still be in transit.

I live about 2 hours from Athens so it's not too far. The wait is longer for those who live further from Athens. The suspense was killing me over the weekend. I hope everything goes well for you.

Congratulations Randy!! I hope a letter comes in my mailbox tomorrow! :)

I sense my dreams of being a Bulldog Pharmacy Alum evaporating each month :(

@ treetrotter 3.5 GPA PCAT 93% with experience in hospital and pharmacy
@ royalblue4 I hope so too! remember to find something to keep you busy or else you will be running to the mailbox all day long.
@ meekstro there is hope; keep on trying and I think you'll do great. The adcom committee likes to see improvement and dedication from their applicants.

Congrats too all those who get an acceptance...and good luck to those still waiting. Still have another committee so do not lose hope.