University of Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmD061015

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any interview invitations extended from UF yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard from anyone yet and I know a bunch of people that applied (including me, but I"m not done with my essays).

Are you from UF?

I haven't heard from anyone yet and I know a bunch of people that applied (including me, but I"m not done with my essays).

Are you from UF?
No, I'm from UCF. I saw online that interviews don't begin until January but I wasn't sure if students were beginning to receive those invitations yet or not. Thanks for responding!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh okay. I'm from UF so I know a lot of people applying. I'll let you know first thing I hear from someone!

Have they even sent email confirmations that they've received your app yet?

Former UF student here.

Haven't heard nothing but we prob wont until early next year.

you won't hear anything from UF until early/mid Jan. They interview late!

Has it always been this late? I could have sworn someone I knew got accepted in December last year.

Hey I was just wondering if anyone knows how the supplemental materials for UF works.

I filled out and submitted my pharmCAS but the admissions procedures on the site says that we apply thru pharmCAS AND online and our materials won't be viewed until all are sent in. Do we have to wait for an email or something before filling out the online portion or should we do that ASAP?

Thank you! :luck:

You finish PharmCAS, then go onto the UF COP website and there will be an online supplemental application. It's kind of hidden, but you also have to fill out a profile page which consists of about 12 essay questions.

Has it always been this late? I could have sworn someone I knew got accepted in December last year.

Yeah it's always that late. They might have said they were accepted in December because when UF gives you an interview you are basically accepted to the program (I'm almost sure that they accept something like 97% of the people they interview).

If they got an invite in December for the January interview then I can see why they would say that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah it's always that late. They might have said they were accepted in December because when UF gives you an interview you are basically accepted to the program (I'm almost sure that they accept something like 97% of the people they interview).

If they got an invite in December for the January interview then I can see why they would say that.

Today, I received my interview for Jan. 14th. So, they have definitely started sending out invitations.

JD

Good to know... I should probably finish my essay questions :( :thumbdown:

Today, I received my interview for Jan. 14th. So, they have definitely started sending out invitations.

JD

I was refering to official acceptances (which naturally would not occur until after the first interview date), and not interview invitations (essentially "unofficial acceptances" according to some).

I was referring to official acceptances (which naturally would not occur until after the first interview date), and not interview invitations (essentially "unofficial acceptances" according to some).

Very much so. UF only interviews people they intend to accept, it is not a narrowing down process at all.

I work with a recent graduate of UF and she said that they interview just to make sure that 1) you can speak English and 2) you're not a crazy person.

congrats to the individual who scored the january interview! I wonder when they will send invitations for the february date. anything new as of late?

HEY FSUJD,
WHEN DID YOU SUBMIT YOUR SUPPLEMENTAL APP? I SENT MINE LIKE 2 WEEKS AGO, AND i HAVENT HEARD FROM THEM YET!

HEY FSUJD,
WHEN DID YOU SUBMIT YOUR SUPPLEMENTAL APP? I SENT MINE LIKE 2 WEEKS AGO, AND i HAVENT HEARD FROM THEM YET!

I wouldn't worry then! I completed my application on Sept. 30th and just received the invite on Nov. 19th. Best of luck to you!

Didn't think UF interviewed this early. I thought they would be sending them out Mid/Late- December but i guess it's not off by that much. After i saw the interview invite on this thread i didnt wait and sent in all my stuff yesterday, lol

It probably also depends on how you list your campus preferences. FSUJD, was Gainesville your first choice? We're asking you a lot of questions; I think we're all anxious to hear back.

Last edited:
I'm having technical difficulties with the UF COP admissions like- it keeps saying Page Not Found.

Is anyone else having this problem, i'm trying to submit my essays and its getting to be quite difficult. I already emailed the COP but havent heard back

As an out of stater do you guys think it will be worth it for me to apply or are they pretty partial to Florida students?

It probably also depends on how you list your campus preferences. FSUJD, was Gainesville your first choice? We're asking you a lot of questions; I think we're all anxious to hear back.

It's not a problem; I'm glad I can help.

St. Petersburg was actually my first choice, followed by Orlando, Gainesville, and Jacksonville.

As an out of stater do you guys think it will be worth it for me to apply or are they pretty partial to Florida students?

Preference: UF students > other florida students >> out of state

I'm having technical difficulties with the UF COP admissions like- it keeps saying Page Not Found.

Is anyone else having this problem, i'm trying to submit my essays and its getting to be quite difficult. I already emailed the COP but havent heard back

That's strange. I was on it two days ago and it was working fine. Not sure if something happened since then or not with their system

Campus choice has absolutely no bearing on interview date or chances of acceptance. Distance campus students can be interviewed at Gville.

For the fella asking about out of state, I honestly wouldn't even waste the application money. I think they accepted like 1% out of staters last year.

Campus choice has absolutely no bearing on interview date or chances of acceptance. Distance campus students can be interviewed at Gville.

For the fella asking about out of state, I honestly wouldn't even waste the application money. I think they accepted like 1% out of staters last year.

Just to clarify, my interview is in Gainesville even though I am interviewing for the St. Pete campus.

I really wish my interview was at the St. Pete campus so that I could get a better feel for the campus and talk with current St. Pete students, but Gainesville is definitely a closer drive! :thumbup:

well maybe no other out-of-state students will be willing to try to apply, and it will increase my chances.....???

oh well, if they dont offer me an interview I wont cry over it.

I'm not from FL, and I just received an interview for Feb. 18 (originally Jan. 14, but had to reschedule), so I think there is at least some chance of being accepted if you are out of state.

I'm not from FL, and I just received an interview for Feb. 18 (originally Jan. 14, but had to reschedule), so I think there is at least some chance of being accepted if you are out of state.

Nice. What are your stats? GPA/PCAT etc. if you don't mind me asking.

Nice. What are your stats? GPA/PCAT etc. if you don't mind me asking.

No worries. PCAT-94 composite GPA-2.8:eek: (but this is a bit skewed, 2 semesters of no class attendance 12 years ago, but 4.0:thumbup: since returning to school 2 years ago) No pharmacy experience (unless you count 3 days of shadowing) Good extracurriculars/community involvement

No worries. PCAT-94 composite GPA-2.8:eek: (but this is a bit skewed, 2 semesters of no class attendance 12 years ago, but 4.0:thumbup: since returning to school 2 years ago) No pharmacy experience (unless you count 3 days of shadowing) Good extracurriculars/community involvement

When did you send in your supplemental?

Hello all,
I'm also in the application process of UF but am not taking my PCAT until 1/22. I'm wondering how well my chances will be since I'm applying this late.

I'm a Florida resident, AA & AS (chem tech) degrees and almost done w/ a BS @ UCF. 3.25 cumulative GPA and my prereq GPA is a 3.65, but I still have 1 more semester of prereqs to take this coming spring semester (Physics 2 & Organic 2). Also just took a 2nd job as a Pharmacy tech a couple days ago to start in January. I have completed my UF application and I'm just waiting for my last reference from my organic teacher to come through before I submit my pharmcas application, then my UF COP application. I'm hoping to get into the Orlando campus. Best of luck to all of you.

Last edited:
Hello all,
I'm also in the application process of UF but am not taking my PCAT until 1/22. I'm wondering how well my chances will be since I'm applying this late.

I'm a Florida resident, AA & AS (chem tech) degrees and almost done w/ a BS @ UCF. 3.25 cumulative GPA and my prereq GPA is a 3.65, but I still have 1 more semester of prereqs to take this coming spring semester (Physics 2 & Organic 2). Also just took a 2nd job as a Pharmacy tech a couple days ago to start in January. I have completed my UF application and I'm just waiting for my last reference from my organic teacher to come through before I submit my pharmcas application, then my UF COP application. I'm hoping to get into the Orlando campus. Best of luck to all of you.
Seems pretty solid and having a BS will give you an advantage. The single best thing you can do now is score well on the PCATs, so drop that pharm tech job if you feel it's going to infringe on your studying, gl!

Seems pretty solid and having a BS will give you an advantage. The single best thing you can do now is score well on the PCATs, so drop that pharm tech job if you feel it's going to infringe on your studying, gl!

nice! thanks for the positive reinforcement. tech job shouldn't affect my studying anymore than my 2 year old child, wife , real corporate job & all the other daily infringements of my free time :D . What can I say, late nights are common around these parts. :sleep: I really took the job for the application merit. UF stresses the importance of pharmacy experience in their admission guidelines so i figured it could only help! It's only 2-3 days a week for 5 hours/day.

stay positive everybody! good vibes to all of you.

Why are there so few posts about uf cop?...I wonder if there are many applicants are applying to UF COP this year. Have many people got invited for an interview?:confused:

Why are there so few posts about uf cop?...I wonder if there are many applicants are applying to UF COP this year. Have many people got invited for an interview?:confused:

I'm not sure why either. I know there have been 2 rounds of interview invitations so far. I'm kind of curious as to why I haven't gotten my invite yet because I go to UF and I've already gotten interviews to UNC and UK.

I'm not sure why either. I know there have been 2 rounds of interview invitations so far. I'm kind of curious as to why I haven't gotten my invite yet because I go to UF and I've already gotten interviews to UNC and UK.
I don't think there has been much to report as of yet, we're all in limbo...

The waiting time is getting on my nerves!

Yeah... I know that there have been 2 interview invitation batches so far... wondering when there will be more haha.

Hi guys, I have one question. How much does UF charge per year for Pharmacy program? On the website, it shows that it is 8 thousand and something "per term". Now this "per term" is confusing me. Does per term mean per each semester, or is it annual cost? Thanks for any info.

Which campus is best to apply to for UF as it asks you on PharmCas is there a difference between the campuses? What is the best campus?

Is it true it is hard to transfer into UF since they accept very little transfers?

Which campus is best to apply to for UF as it asks you on PharmCas is there a difference between the campuses? What is the best campus?

Is it true it is hard to transfer into UF since they accept very little transfers?
By transfers, I think they're referring to people who have started the PharmD curriculum at a different COP, not pre-requisite courses. It is almost impossible to transfer from one COP to another since most schools have a specific program that they follow and they most likely won't overlap or give you the opportunity to take classes that were covered in a previous year. Pre-req's on the other hand are a completely different subject. Most of the students who attend the Orlando campus for example did their pre-req's at Valencia or UCF.