University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

puregoldenboy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just starting a thread for you 2015ers. I am a P2 student at UC Denver. Please feel free to ask any questions on the thread or by message.

I participated in the group interactions today and enjoyed speaking to all the interviewees. I wish you guys all the best of luck and look forward to seeing you next year!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just starting a thread for you 2015ers. I am a P2 student at UC Denver. Please feel free to ask any questions on the thread or by message.

I participated in the group interactions today and enjoyed speaking to all the interviewees. I wish you guys all the best of luck and look forward to seeing you next year!
Nice work! I echo your sentiments to the future class of 2015. Good luck, applicants!

Hey, I've applied and I'm interviewing this Friday! Any info you can provide on the group exercise? Any other advice? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
how did you guys get the interview? by email or mail?
is the status up on the pharmcas?

I got mine by email.
I also got my interview invite today by email! I was given the option to chose Nov.5th or the 29th. I chose the 29th because I will need time for travel arrangements. Those of you interviewing this Friday please post your thoughts about the interview day.

I also got an interview yesterday!

Last edited:
I also got an interview yesterday! It is for Nov 5th or Nov 29th. Unfortunately, there are no hotels in the area the night of the 4th and flights on the 28th are $650! I'll have to interview in the spring. I hope interviewing later wont hurt my chances! I'm still really excited to have an interview!

wow flights are that bad? try southwest i think they have some kind of special cus mine was like $100 or less. They are rolling admissions so if you really want this school id take the earliest available bc it does matter. and try the timbers hotel, nooobody was there when i was there

Southwest is the way to go for cheap flights. I got my interview for the 29th! :soexcited: Colorado is my top choice, so I'd much rather have that interview than in the spring. They're still relatively expensive for me, but I expected that for Thanksgiving weekend.

This is weird. How come I got a phone call for an interview, but mine would be a phone interview. It'll be either the 22th or 23rd. It seems like I don't have much of a chance getting interviewed via landlines.

This is weird. How come I got a phone call for an interview, but mine would be a phone interview. It'll be either the 22th or 23rd. It seems like I don't have much of a chance getting interviewed via landlines.

That's done for people who are considered non-native english speakers. It's not a big deal, I guess they just want to make sure you can communicate?

That's done for people who are considered non-native english speakers. It's not a big deal, I guess they just want to make sure you can communicate?
Haha, no wonder the lady said something about English as a second language. I was so stunned cuz she called me out of no where, I didn't even listen to anything except for the day and the time. Thank you for clearing it.

When did you all send in your application?

I'm mailing mine tomorrow all the way from Florida. It will get there before the application deadline, but am I hopeless by sending so late?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang! It seems like they received my supplementals on the day that they sent out interview invites. Probably means I missed the deadline for interviews this fall. Hopefully I'll get one for spring. :xf: Congrats and good luck to everyone interviewing.

I just sent mine today :( They should get it by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Oh well.

Acceptance e-mail earlier this morning! :soexcited:

Oct 29th interview.

Congratulations Sparkly! I was at the October 29th interview too.

Ooo Really?! We probably met without even knowing haha.

I was the super tall asian girl there :p

I just noticed that they have a class that starts August 12th. So Early :lame:

Oh I remember you! I was one of the only two asian guys there.

Oct 29th interview.

Congrats! It's good to know that they get back to students so quickly. I'm looking forward to my interview on the 29th. :xf:

Congrats! It's good to know that they get back to students so quickly. I'm looking forward to my interview on the 29th. :xf:

Haha thanks! I was actually, well no, I still am really really surprised that I heard back this quickly. From past threads, I was thinking at least a month before I heard a word. I'm also beginning to get a little neurotic because I noticed that they've had weird e-mail error problems in the past so I'm scared that maybe I wasn't supposed to even get the mail!

Anyone else heard back yet with anything? :confused:

& g'luck during the interview! :luck: I'm really thinking they weigh the interview a good amount because my stats are so-so lol.

Haha thanks! I was actually, well no, I still am really really surprised that I heard back this quickly. From past threads, I was thinking at least a month before I heard a word. I'm also beginning to get a little neurotic because I noticed that they've had weird e-mail error problems in the past so I'm scared that maybe I wasn't supposed to even get the mail!

Anyone else heard back yet with anything? :confused:

& g'luck during the interview! :luck: I'm really thinking they weigh the interview a good amount because my stats are so-so lol.

Hey, yea what I would do is respond to them , confirming or something maybe and see what they have to say

Hey, yea what I would do is respond to them , confirming or something maybe and see what they have to say

Hm okay, I didn't really want to contact them back in case it actually was a mistake! How sad haha... but I went ahead and gave them a call and got a few things confirmed. They said a packet should be sent to my current address and that it'll be official only when I submit my deposit and after they get that, they'll give me info about the CU-ID or something. :confused: She confirmed the address they sent it to and such soooo... I just took that as full confirmation.

I also asked if everyone else at my interview date should hear back soon and she said it just depends on when the admissions committee meets about that certain applicant. Then she said that the process goes through April so some don't hear back until later but that doesn't mean anything. It was kind of confusing since I thought they would inform everyone together. I dunno.

When did you guys submit your application? I sent mine on 9/21 and still haven't heard anything from them yet :(

Woohoo I just got my interview invitation!!!

I picked Friday, January 14th as my first choice! Anyone else?

I'm coming from Florida. They received my application 2 days ago... so I'm wondering if they were just waiting for me to send in my supplemental before they sent my invite? My PharmCAS was done beginning of October.

I'm coming from Florida. They received my application 2 days ago... so I'm wondering if they were just waiting for me to send in my supplemental before they sent my invite? My PharmCAS was done beginning of October.

Yes! I just got mine as well. I picked Jan 14th as my first as well. Maybe we will get to bet there the same day:) I'm coming from Utah so I won't have to travel so far.

Oh OK. Still got my fingers crossed for you yo.:xf:

Just wanted to second that!

I sent my supplemental on Sept 1st.
Got an e-mail saying my application was fully complete on 9/22. (my 3rd LOR was late)
I got called for a phone interview on 10/8 and that was held on 10/12.
Got an interview invitation on 10/19.

Basically my time line I guess.

& Congrats on the interview invites!! Make sure to wear comfy shoes :p

Ooo Really?! We probably met without even knowing haha.

I was the super tall asian girl there :p

I just noticed that they have a class that starts August 12th. So Early :lame:

Congrats on your acceptance. I was one of the P2s answering questions that day. I'm sure I talked to you at one point or another. Is CU your first choice?

Congrats on your acceptance. I was one of the P2s answering questions that day. I'm sure I talked to you at one point or another. Is CU your first choice?

Haha, we probably did :) I'm guessing during the part when we alternated writing essays?
I actually don't know what my first choice is anymore... but I only applied to schools that I was genuinely interested in and the interview day definitely made a huge positive impact. Right now though, I know CO is the most financially friendly, also the closest to home in CA, and I heard it's very dog friendly so it'd be pretty awesome if I could take my dog with me LOL. So I'm like 90% committed unless some other school brings in something amazing which I'm not really expecting.

In the email it said that it's contingent based upon the completion of my pre-reqs with at least a C. I'm wondering if it's just pre-reqs or if it means all of the classes I'm talking during fall. Not that I don't plan to get at least C's anyway... but do you know by chance? lol

Oh, and how did you go about housing? (sorry for all the crazy follow-up questions haha)

I got a phone interview too. It was held on 11/11. I asked the interviewer about the purpose of this phone interview, she said that during the semester, there will be oral examinations....WTH? Also, when i asked what level of English should a non-native speaker carries, she said...pretty high: close to a native speaker....WTF? How can i, a non native speaker that came to America when i was 11th grade, talk as a native or close to a native speaker. My tongue...i can't control it to speak fluently English anymore lolz.
I hope just like you said...phone interview to make sure we can communicate. Man, i am now so worried. :confused:

Oct 29th interview.

CONGRATS!! I'm surprised they sent out acceptances already. I was reading last year's thread and people didn't get acceptances until late January. Good to know they're starting earlier this year!

I had a phone interview on 11/9 and got my on-campus interview invitation on 11/12! Looking forward to seeing some of you on 1/14!! This is my first interview invite so I am crazy nervous! I never thought I would see this day with my awful gpa! :love: Any tips for interview day would be greatly appreciated!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Dang! It seems like they received my supplementals on the day that they sent out interview invites. Probably means I missed the deadline for interviews this fall. Hopefully I'll get one for spring. :xf: Congrats and good luck to everyone interviewing.

I just got my invite yesterday and my options were 11/29, 1/14, 1/21 so it looks like there's still spots left for the 11/29 interview!

I got a phone interview too. It was held on 11/11. I asked the interviewer about the purpose of this phone interview, she said that during the semester, there will be oral examinations....WTH? Also, when i asked what level of English should a non-native speaker carries, she said...pretty high: close to a native speaker....WTF? How can i, a non native speaker that came to America when i was 11th grade, talk as a native or close to a native speaker. My tongue...i can't control it to speak fluently English anymore lolz.
I hope just like you said...phone interview to make sure we can communicate. Man, i am now so worried. :confused:

Don't fret, I thought my phone interview was terrible... I was so stressed and nervous that I failed to formulate answers to her higher level thinking questions... and stumbled over too many words to remember. That's good to know that there will be oral exams though. Just think of all the wonderful practice you will get in for the real world! :)

Don't fret, I thought my phone interview was terrible... I was so stressed and nervous that I failed to formulate answers to her higher level thinking questions... and stumbled over too many words to remember. That's good to know that there will be oral exams though. Just think of all the wonderful practice you will get in for the real world! :)

I had to do the phone interview too... which I thought was harder than I expected haha. I also wasn't told of any oral exams during the year o_o I was under the assumption that it was only that one phone interview and that was it.

As for the interview... read SDN feedback! They're seriously pretty accurate. Also this year, I was interviewed by two people, not one on one. One faculty and one community pharmacist. It really wasn't a big deal to have two people, in fact I thought that the conversation was more lively with two people, and it was nice to get answers from two since sometimes they had different opinions. The only thing that sucked was that they sat kind of on either side of me and I didn't know who to look at while answering the questions haha. Kind of awkward there.

I got my package yesterday, although it wasn't really much of a package... it actually looked more like a rejection letter! :confused: Inside was just all the forms to fill out & stuff, which I thought was odd since didn't people get huge white packets last year? :eyebrow: Ah well.

Good luck to all future interviewees!!

Yes, there are oral examinations because the ability to communicate to and educate patients is a core foundational skill in the field of pharmacy. If you didn't know this, you need to gain some more exposure to the field.

Waiting for my last LOR to be recieved and the GPA to be calculated still. Submitted Oct. 22 and UC-D got my app a couple days ago. Hopefully will see something soon.

Haha, we probably did :) I'm guessing during the part when we alternated writing essays?
I actually don't know what my first choice is anymore... but I only applied to schools that I was genuinely interested in and the interview day definitely made a huge positive impact. Right now though, I know CO is the most financially friendly, also the closest to home in CA, and I heard it's very dog friendly so it'd be pretty awesome if I could take my dog with me LOL. So I'm like 90% committed unless some other school brings in something amazing which I'm not really expecting.

In the email it said that it's contingent based upon the completion of my pre-reqs with at least a C. I'm wondering if it's just pre-reqs or if it means all of the classes I'm talking during fall. Not that I don't plan to get at least C's anyway... but do you know by chance? lol

Oh, and how did you go about housing? (sorry for all the crazy follow-up questions haha)

At least C's sounds about right. At the very least that should be your mindset just to be safe. As for housing, I kind of just dived into it and looked online for
different apartment complexes since I didn't really know anyone in Aurora. What I would recommend though is if you find a place you like, find someone already living there because Colorado is big on referrals and I've gotten up to $250 for myself and for my friend just because they put my name down as a referral. For our class, I'd say about 35-40 percent of the students either live at Copper Flats or 21 Fitzsimons due to the proximity of campus and not having to worry about driving during the snow season. If you have more questions about housing though just email me [email protected] and I can go into more detail and not bore the thread lol.

CONGRATS!! I'm surprised they sent out acceptances already. I was reading last year's thread and people didn't get acceptances until late January. Good to know they're starting earlier this year!

I had a phone interview on 11/9 and got my on-campus interview invitation on 11/12! Looking forward to seeing some of you on 1/14!! This is my first interview invite so I am crazy nervous! I never thought I would see this day with my awful gpa! :love: Any tips for interview day would be greatly appreciated!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Just try to communicate clearly and exhibit confidence in yourself and everything will go fine. Remember, once you get to the interview everyone is equal from there on out. I would recommend maybe doing some mock interviews with friends or search the forums for practice questions to do.

I will be there too!

How long of a period does CU-Denver give you between when you are accepted and how long you have until you confirm acceptance?

At least C's sounds about right. At the very least that should be your mindset just to be safe. As for housing, I kind of just dived into it and looked online for
different apartment complexes since I didn't really know anyone in Aurora. What I would recommend though is if you find a place you like, find someone already living there because Colorado is big on referrals and I've gotten up to $250 for myself and for my friend just because they put my name down as a referral. For our class, I'd say about 35-40 percent of the students either live at Copper Flats or 21 Fitzsimons due to the proximity of campus and not having to worry about driving during the snow season. If you have more questions about housing though just email me [email protected] and I can go into more detail and not bore the thread lol.

copper flats and 21 fitz cost about twice as much as comparable property in the area simply because of the fact that they know they can siphon off students' financial aid.

dont pay more than $500-525 for a one bedroom or $650 for a 2 bedroom or you're getting ripped off.

there are some SHADY landlords in the area. one time I was quoted $650 for a one bedroom and $750 for a two bedroom apt .. for that price you might as well rent a house!

just be careful

21 fitz ~ $900 for a 1 bedroom. D:

Last edited:
How long of a period does CU-Denver give you between when you are accepted and how long you have until you confirm acceptance?

They sent me an acceptance e-mail on Nov 8th and gave me until Nov 26th to submit a deposit... so I guess about 3 weeks?

copper flats and 21 fitz cost about twice as much as comparable property in the area simply because of the fact that they know they can siphon off students' financial aid.

dont pay more than $500-525 for a one bedroom or $650 for a 2 bedroom or you're getting ripped off.

there are some SHADY landlords in the area. one time I was quoted $650 for a one bedroom and $750 for a two bedroom apt .. for that price you might as well rent a house!

just be careful

21 fitz ~ $900 for a 1 bedroom. D:

If you can find me a facility of comparable quality to 21 Fitz and Copper Flats within 5 minutes of campus that will rent you any number of bedrooms for $650 I will give you a dollar. If you're going to pay that price, you'll sacrifice certain amenities.

Also, if you can find a house for $750, more power to you.

If you can find me a facility of comparable quality to 21 Fitz and Copper Flats within 5 minutes of campus that will rent you any number of bedrooms for $650 I will give you a dollar. If you're going to pay that price, you'll sacrifice certain amenities.

Also, if you can find a house for $750, more power to you.

I was looking into 21 Fitz online and while more expensive than places farther away, compared to LA & NYC which is what I'm used to, it still seems dirt cheap. I do wonder for those that have lived there or visited, is it really as nice looking as it looks online? The apts literally look absolutely new and immaculate and seem to have lots of conveniences.

Also, is it really walkable? Or do most people end up driving to school anyway?

I was looking into 21 Fitz online and while more expensive than places farther away, compared to LA & NYC which is what I'm used to, it still seems dirt cheap. I do wonder for those that have lived there or visited, is it really as nice looking as it looks online? The apts literally look absolutely new and immaculate and seem to have lots of conveniences.

Also, is it really walkable? Or do most people end up driving to school anyway?
I don't live there, so I can't speak to that, but the building across the street from 21 Fitz is the Health Sciences library. Next to that is the parking lot in which you would park.

Anyone planning on being there for the interview date this upcoming Monday? Planning on getting into town on Sunday the 28th?