Undergrad Independent Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joe Singer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to do independent research that can only last a month in order to get enough credits for my BS, but I am completely stumped on what to do. I've never done research before and have no idea where to start? Do you guys have any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

Is there no sort of mentoring/guidance system set up for the independent research? It seems a bit odd that they'd just tell you to go and do research on your own without guidance. What kind of things are you supposed to accomplish? Conduct a survey? A literature review? A month is not a long time.

Is there no sort of mentoring/guidance system set up for the independent research? It seems a bit odd that they'd just tell you to go and do research on your own without guidance. What kind of things are you supposed to accomplish? Conduct a survey? A literature review? A month is not a long time.
I do have guidance, but I basically have to tell them what to help me with. And it could be anything from surveys, to stuff in the lab