UHS Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Platz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if the Cheif's and/or Royal's team physicians are DO's. I would assume they are, but you never know? Do you get to do any shadowing or rotations with them? Does the school have any sort of agreement with them? I am really curious to know?

Also, is the area were the school is really as bad as everyone says it is, crime wise.

Kyle Platz

[This message has been edited by Platz (edited June 28, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Platz (edited June 28, 1999).]

Members don't see this ad.

Platz, Last I heard the Chiefs was a football team, and the Royals a baseball team
wink.gif
Seriously, though, I am not sure, but I know that many team docs are D.O.s. It would be cool to work with those docs.

As far as I know, neither the Chiefs nor the Royals have team docs that are DO's. There are 2 other med schools in KC besides UHS, so there are lots of qualified physicians for those teams to choose. As a member of the sports med org. at UHS, we did not shadow anyone from those organizations, we have no contractual agreement with them.

Re: the neighborhood, yeah it is a bit sketchy, but ya get used to it. Depends on where you are from and what you are used to.

e