UHS peeps, I need your advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobg504

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I have a real dilemma on my hands! I have gotten acceptances from 5 schools and want to attend UHS (they offered me a scholoarship!) I am having a problem with fulfilling the Genetics requirement. My school's genetics class conflicts with classes that I need to graduate, so I am trying to take it at another school through our cross-registration program, however the class is currently closed. I won't know if I can get the class till after the Dec 14 deposit deadline (Jan 10). UHS's deposit is $1000 and I don't have that kind of money to waste. I have looked into some schools in my area to see if they will offer Genetics in the summer and all the schools have told me that they don't know if they will offer it until later. I feel like I don't have enough certainty to put $1000 on the line. There is a good chance that I will get the genetics class for next semester, but there is a possiblity that I may not. Do any of you know if UHS grants waivers of this requirment or will they allow me to give my payment after the Dec 14 deadline? UHS is my #1 choice, but I cannot waste $1000. If anyone has any advice, I would really appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

I would just call UHS and tell them what is up. They are pretty good about working with you on the finances. I do not think they would waive the requirement, but they might allow you to be accepted "contingent up completing it"
Good luck

I don't know if this is an option for you, but you can call UMKC to see if they offer Genetics in the summer. You can move to KC earlier, right?

bob,
what type of shcolarship did UHS offer you? if you don't mind me asking.