UConn Transfer Class of 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EnfieldGal

Scrambling for Deposit $$
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this yet...

Has anyone applied? Does anyone know when interviews will be held?

Does UConn really fill any of their seats with people who aren't in their pre-pharmacy program, or is this a pipedream?:hungover:
(I could really save some bucks with the in-state tuition)

Members don't see this ad.

<<bump>>

Anyone?

ucrx, didn't you go to school here? :)

ucrx, didn't you go to school here? :)

When I started there, admission was completely different. They had guaranteed spots for UConn pre-pharmacy students and very few spots for transfer students. They no longer have guaranteed admission, so theoretically it's easier to transfer in. I know that more students are able to get in who didn't meet other requirements for guaranteed in the past (such as retaking classes) so I assume more transfer students get in, but I really don't know.

I don't know when interviews start, but I think they started sometime in the spring semester last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I started there, admission was completely different. They had guaranteed spots for UConn pre-pharmacy students and very few spots for transfer students. They no longer have guaranteed admission, so theoretically it's easier to transfer in. I know that more students are able to get in who didn't meet other requirements for guaranteed in the past (such as retaking classes) so I assume more transfer students get in, but I really don't know.

I don't know when interviews start, but I think they started sometime in the spring semester last year.

That sounds bleak...
Thanks ucrx!

Wondering if anyone here sent their the course descriptions to the school. I applied on PharmCAS but then read on their site that they require course descriptions of any courses taken outside of UConn be sent to their school.

I'm not a transfer student. Well, I don't really know how my application will be viewed. I completed my undergrad at UConn. I returned and completed most of my prereqs at one of their regional campuses. I'm just taking my last few science prereqs at a community college since they're not offered at the campus I'm at. Oh, and I'm enrolled in UConn's continuing studies program so I guess I'm still viewed as a UConn student?

I was told that interviews are usually held in March.

Wondering if anyone here sent their the course descriptions to the school. I applied on PharmCAS but then read on their site that they require course descriptions of any courses taken outside of UConn be sent to their school.

I'm not a transfer student. Well, I don't really know how my application will be viewed. I completed my undergrad at UConn. I returned and completed most of my prereqs at one of their regional campuses. I'm just taking my last few science prereqs at a community college since they're not offered at the campus I'm at. Oh, and I'm enrolled in UConn's continuing studies program so I guess I'm still viewed as a UConn student?

I was told that interviews are usually held in March.

send uconn the description for all the classes you're taking at the community college if they're math or science classes.

Has ANYONE heard ANYTHING yet?

This school has been a black hole as far as updates / information goes!

Has ANYONE heard ANYTHING yet?

This school has been a black hole as far as updates / information goes!

i got an e-mail a while back telling me they received my application and to send them course descriptions for classes not taken at uconn. but in terms of time for interviews we probably won't hear from them until early to middle of march.

I got the interview invite in my email yesterday. :soexcited:

Anyone else get theirs yet?

I got the interview invite in my email yesterday. :soexcited:

Anyone else get theirs yet?

i interviewed on the 25th and i think i did alright. when did you interview? how was it?

i interviewed on the 25th and i think i did alright. when did you interview? how was it?

Horrible! I found the interview so intimidating! Could they have put a table any bigger between the panel and the students? :laugh: I was expecting it to be a lot more informal and discussion-like but my interviewers didn't respond to our answers. I'm just hoping it's one of those situations where it isn't as bad as I think it was.

Does anyone know how much weight UConn puts on the interviews?

Got my conditional acceptance to UConn today! :soexcited: Guess that interview didn't go as badly as I thought.

Anyone else hear back yet? I wonder just what will be acceptable when they say that students must maintain their academic excellence to get final acceptance.

Got my conditional acceptance to UConn today! :soexcited: Guess that interview didn't go as badly as I thought.

Anyone else hear back yet? I wonder just what will be acceptable when they say that students must maintain their academic excellence to get final acceptance.

i got the same e-mail too. congrats. i think acceptable grades for uconn's SOP would be nothing below a C. just don't get too many C's though. it's times like this that i'm glad i already graduated. don't have to worry about spring grades.

Congrats to you both- good luck next year!

I never heard a peep from the school (I can't imagine why I didn't even get an interview invitation)...so this becomes my first rejection for this cycle. :hungover:

Congrats to you both- good luck next year!

I never heard a peep from the school (I can't imagine why I didn't even get an interview invitation)...so this becomes my first rejection for this cycle. :hungover:

Thanks! I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to interview. Hmm, your gpa and pcat score is certainly a lot better than mine. Did you take any of your prereqs at UConn?

To be honest, their interview process was more rushed than the other schools I interviewed at. I notice the other schools accept anywhere from 68-140 students but have a much higher interview pool (200-300) than UConn. With the small group they did interview in relation to how many they accept, I suspect UConn already had in mind who they wanted and put their own students first.

Thanks! I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to interview. Hmm, your gpa and pcat score is certainly a lot better than mine. Did you take any of your prereqs at UConn?

Nope- I am finishing up my UG at Westfield State next month.

It is clear as day on the website that you have to be a Connecticut resident to transfer ito the program- I understand that, and I qualify. It doesn't say anything about having to take your pre-pharm coursework at UConn or another Connecticut school, but I'm starting to suspect that's an unwritten rule; your post sort of supports that.

I'm calling b.s. on the whole process- their lack of communication throughout was astounding. They now have instate competition for transfers with St. Joes, and if that school could get their act together they would be a compelling alternative (one year faster, not that much more $$$). End rant.

Seriously- I am happy for you - it seems that the number of folks who transferred in was miniscule (let me know the count when you start in the fall), so congrats! Good luck with everything, and godspeed!

just got the final acceptance e-mail :). now i just need to do some paper work and i'm all set.

Just found out that they won't be offering anyone housing on the waitlist next year. Does anyone know which off campus housing is within walking distance from the school or in direct line with the buses? I was a bit hopeful since I heard that last year there were still space left for those on the waitlist. :(

Just found out that they won't be offering anyone housing on the waitlist next year. Does anyone know which off campus housing is within walking distance from the school or in direct line with the buses? I was a bit hopeful since I heard that last year there were still space left for those on the waitlist. :(

Carriage, Celeron Square, Hunting Lodge, and anything on Hunting Lodge Road is walkable/on the shuttle. They are really expensive though. I would suggest looking a little further away and driving if that's an option for you.

Carriage, Celeron Square, Hunting Lodge, and anything on Hunting Lodge Road is walkable/on the shuttle. They are really expensive though. I would suggest looking a little further away and driving if that's an option for you.

Aren't these apts notorious for being party central? I've seen how crazy Spring Weekend is. I don't think I want to deal with that. :laugh:

I'm looking at Orchard Acres now. Can't find reviews on the apts there though.

Aren't these apts notorious for being party central? I've seen how crazy Spring Weekend is. I don't think I want to deal with that. :laugh:

I'm looking at Orchard Acres now. Can't find reviews on the apts there though.

They are. In general, walking distance to campus = parties. Carriage and Celeron are the biggest for that.

I've only been in Orchard Acres once. The apartment was disgusting. I don't know what others there are like.