UCLA PREP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted904921

Hey did anyone apply for this summer's UCLA PREP? If yes, do you know when we're getting our decisions? (either early decision or rolling)

OR has anyone ever participated in this program before? If yes, what was your experience like?~

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey did anyone apply for this summer's UCLA PREP? If yes, do you know when we're getting our decisions? (either early decision or rolling)

OR has anyone ever participated in this program before? If yes, what was your experience like?~

Thank you!

I got accepted last week! But they are interviewing still, up to March.

oh congrats! i unfortunately didn't get in :( but hope you have a good experience!! hopefully after the program, you can let me know how it was like :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I got invited for an interview February 28th, 2018. I am interviewing tomorrow March 2nd 2018. Wish me luck.

Reactions: 1 user
oh congrats! i unfortunately didn't get in :( but hope you have a good experience!! hopefully after the program, you can let me know how it was like :)

What did you apply for? Med or Dental

Does anyone know if in state applicants get prioritized. I am out of state and feel like I have a small chance because of it.

Does anyone know if in state applicants get prioritized. I am out of state and feel like I have a small chance because of it.
I actually think this too. Since they don't provide housing, I feel like in-state would be more favored... haha I'm from east coast and got rejected :(

I got invited for an interview February 28th, 2018. I am interviewing tomorrow March 2nd 2018. Wish me luck.

How did the interview go? What were some of the questions they asked you? Did they get back to you? Sorry for all the questions! I just got an interview as well and I have no idea what to expect haha!

Wishing you the best.

How did the interview go? What were some of the questions they asked you? Did they get back to you? Sorry for all the questions! I just got an interview as well and I have no idea what to expect haha!

Wishing you the best.
The interview went well. Be prepared to discuss why you are interested in medicine. Also be ready to talk about yourself and any challenges you have overcome. I was accepted to the program but had to decline the offer because I have other obligations that just came up during the summer.

Good luck!

Dear Jacob Delgado,

Congratulations! It gives us great pleasure to offer you a position in the UCLA Premedical/Predental Enrichment Program (PREP) 2018, sponsored by the Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Outreach at the David Geffen School of Medicine. The admissions committee is very impressed with your application. They are confident that you have the ability and the intention to further develop the qualities and competencies necessary for the successful pursuit of a medical/dental career. Your participation in PREP should assist you in this endeavor. The program begins on Monday, June 18th and will conclude on Friday, July 27th, 2018.

Hey, congrats! Did you automatically get accepted or did you also have to go through an interview and then they officially accept you??

Has anyone not received a rejection/acceptance yet?

Has anyone been accepted and plans on accepting the offer?

I actually think this too. Since they don't provide housing, I feel like in-state would be more favored... haha I'm from east coast and got rejected :(

I asked my interviewer and they said that this is not a determining factor. They just receive way more applications from California, but still try to have other states represented

does anyone know statistics of doing prep and getting into med school?

does anyone know statistics of doing prep and getting into med school?

My interviewer said that about 80% or more. Some decide on medicine/dentistry and some on research. But some decide that a health career is not for them.

My interviewer said that about 80% or more. Some decide on medicine/dentistry and some on research. But some decide that a health career is not for them.

Oh ok cool! Well congrats on those who got accepted. I shall see you in the summer ^_^

What were your stats? If you don't mind me asking?