ty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dogjasik

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How are you preparing for Casper and PREview?

For reference (others)

I can give you a little leeway with Matriculate, but I'm stuck with thinking you'd be better suited as a teacher. You have 500 hours of teaching or tutoring to add to 300 hours of being a fellow. That's 800 hours of teaching versus 650 hours of clinical experience.

Here's the problem: Where's your service orientation for community service? All your in-state programs prefer interviewing applicants with community service that impacts communities (modeling after the Obamas, for example). Food pantry, shelter volunteer, job/tax preparation, transportation services, and housing rehabilitation are prime examples where you need at least 150 hours to avoid getting screened out at most schools, 250 to be in contention for "higher tier/brand" schools. Rush and Loyola are notorious for wanting even more hours (at least 1000 upon submission). If you are from the Korean community, serving the Korean community is good, but not a stretch beyond your comfort zone.

Do not apply Early Decision unless you have met with the Dean of Admissions before applying and you get green-lighted. Otherwise you will further disadvantage your application.

Last edited:
Read/access

I get it and I understand your efforts there are useful. Do what you can to understand the expectations and culture of the medical schools on your list. Some of what you are doing is important, and you need to find programs that value that aspect of who you are.

Check your list with

I had no engineering background (education actually) and I was interviewed at Carle. Just be interesting. Really solid app overall and a decent school list, just a tad top heavy. I think adding in more mid-tier schools would be good for you. Try to get programs all across the country, both public and private. Some examples would be BU, Brown, Dartmouth, UCSD (your research may fit their needs), Pitt, some of the UTs, Wisconsin Madison, etc.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user