Medical Turning down interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
I have multiple acceptances and interview invites from my top schools. Is it prudent to decline another interview if I probably wouldn’t attend this school compared to my other acceptances?

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Of course it's theoretically conceivable that you could attend the interview and be blown away, but if you are so confident that this wouldn't happen even if you got a full ride, then it's your time and your money. You're an adult and can make your own decisions. You don't need to waste your time or that of the schools if the chances of you attending is literally zero.

It is ok to turn down an interview. I would say that especially since you already have acceptances in hand, it's better. You're contributing to making the overall process more efficient in theory by giving your interview spot to someone else since you've already decided you would not attend that school.

Members don't see this ad :)
If already accepted to schools higher up on your personal list, would decline the interview personally. If you're not sure, keep it. Seems like you somewhat already have an idea about it though, and seems like you're posting here almost for "permission" to do so. If thats the case, here's your permission.

Congrats on the acceptance(s) you have, and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.