General Admissions & OTCAS tuition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT/2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is considered "cheap" for ot school tuition?

What is average?

What is High?

Thoughts.....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users

What is average?

What is High?

Thoughts.....
$60,000-62,000 for tuition and fees is probably "average" based on my research. It's nearly impossible to get lower than that unless you can stay in state for a masters, even then you are still looking AT LEAST $40,000-45,000 for tuition and fees. But these state schools tend to have 400-600 applications for 20-30 spots so very slim chances... Anything over $62,000ish is considered high and anything lower than $60,000 is considered low. Obviously average will be closer to like $80,000 in cities like NYC, Chicago, and LA...

For a doctorate, $80,000-85,000 is probably average based on my research. Add more for major cities.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

What is average?

What is High?

Thoughts.....
I wondered this too! I also noticed some schools have programs that considerably vary in # of credits. That would explain big tuition differences. But i don't really see why they should vary so much at the end of the day you are becoming an OT no matter the program..

Members don't see this ad :)
it depends on your state in my opinion. The cheapest program I've found in my state is 60k and that was one program, the rest are around 75k +. The otds easily 100k +

it depends on your state in my opinion. The cheapest program I've found in my state is 60k and that was one program, the rest are around 75k +. The otds easily 100k +
Are you in cali? New York? Makes sense then

PA actually, we have low cost of living but high tuition
Well yes, PA is pretty similiar to NY in terms of education and not much lower rent than NY. Now Iowa, Nebraska, Michigan, Minnesota are cheap states to live and study.

Texas schools are "cheap". My program is about $30k. If you get a $1000k scholarship, you qualify for in-state tuition (~$30k). Texas is also one of the cheapest states to live in.

Texas schools are "cheap". My program is about $30k. If you get a $1000k scholarship, you qualify for in-state tuition (~$30k). Texas is also one of the cheapest states to live in.
Okay you listed one of the cheapest in the country. Most of us don't live in Texas so your schools would probably be $60-70,000 for us.

Okay you listed one of the cheapest in the country. Most of us don't live in Texas so your schools would probably be $60-70,000 for us.

Unless you qualified for a $1k scholarship, it'd be reduced to ~$30k. They asked for the cheapest, I gave it. There's actually cheaper than that, but I don't know how legit those schools are.

Reactions: 5 users
I think $60-70k is pretty affordable when you compare it to what other schools are asking for.

I will be attending a school in the Northeast that is 47K total. It is a public school.

Last edited: