Tufts vs. Case

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imachickennughet

Reaction score

Pros:
  • I'm from Boston so don't have to move
  • from what I understand, good clinical program?
  • Early clinic exposure
  • lots of cool research
  • so many specialties
Cons:
  • Freshman currently online
  • Large class size (200+)
  • I don't think they have public health embedded in curriculum?
  • no interprofessional learning from what I understand
School 2: Case Western
Pros:
  • Early clinic exposure
  • Lots of outreach embedded in curriculum
  • ipl
  • new building and clinic
  • small class size (75)
Cons:
  • Cleveland
  • freshman also fully online
Cost is the same so not factoring that in my decision but I'm not sure which school to choose. Which will make me a better clinician and give me more opportunities? Both seem to have good reputations but which school is better? I don't think I want to specialize yet so I'm hoping to get the most exposure to dentistry as I can. Also I come from a public health background and it's pretty important I get some sort of experience with it in dental school.Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
oooooo stay away from CWRU. the 1st years haven't had any clinical experience (and the 2nd years, barely any). It's very much a students vs administration type deal from the students I've spoken to. They regret going and advised me to stay away~

Members don't see this ad :)
oooooo stay away from CWRU. the 1st years haven't had any clinical experience (and the 2nd years, barely any). It's very much a students vs administration type deal from the students I've spoken to. They regret going and advised me to stay away~
Can you be more specific about what you have heard? Is this mainly due to COVID or have there been problems prior to the pandemic?