Tufts School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Hey guys. I applied kind of late like a week ago and submitted my app. Do you guys think theres still a chance for me? Also i never recieved an email regarding the supplemental fee. Does that come in after it is reviewed in AADSASS?
Tufts is usually quite slow in reviewing applications. They send out the invitation pretty late. Many school have sent out the interview invites but it has not, yet. For the supplement fee, I remember it took me about 1 or 2 weeks to get it done.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Tufts is usually quite slow in reviewing applications. They send out the invitation pretty late. Many school have sent out the interview invites but it has not, yet. For the supplement fee, I remember it took me about 1 or 2 weeks to get it done.
Oh i see. For the supplemental application do you just have to pay the fee or do you have to answer questions to? And they send that through email correct?

Oh i see. For the supplemental application do you just have to pay the fee or do you have to answer questions to? And they send that through email correct?
Only the fee, yes, they will send it through email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to all of us...........

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys. I applied kind of late like a week ago and submitted my app. Do you guys think theres still a chance for me? Also i never recieved an email regarding the supplemental fee. Does that come in after it is reviewed in AADSASS?
Hey I also applied last week and haven't received the email to pay the fee, I'm sure it will come in the next week or two.

• Care
Since the application cycle is essentially two weeks behind schedule, we're theoretically still at the end of August (as compared to previous cycles). If you applied a week ago, that would put you at mid/late August which is historically still considered "OK" in previous cycles. I also added 3 schools to my application last week and it's nerve racking but we'll end up where we're supposed to be :) Wishing you the best!

Since the application cycle is essentially two weeks behind schedule, we're theoretically still at the end of August (as compared to previous cycles). If you applied a week ago, that would put you at mid/late August which is historically still considered "OK" in previous cycles. I also added 3 schools to my application last week and it's nerve racking but we'll end up where we're supposed to be :) Wishing you the best!
ya thats what i was thinking honestly. Thanks for the reassurance :). Good luck to all of you guys to!

I submitted 6/30, verified on 7/2 and not a peep from Tufts :(

• Sad
There's always a chance! I got the email to submit my supplemental fee nearly a month after I submitted so I wouldn't worry about that. I just got the email saying my app was complete which was like another month after I paid my supplemental.

Hi all. For me, Tufts took about a month to send their 2ndry and then another month to confirm the completion of my app. Def going kinda slow but I would send a quick email if you haven't heard at all since July.

My AADSAS status changed to "Invited for Interview" but I have not received an email or phone call from them. Anyone else?

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, just got the email for interview invite!

Reactions: 3 users

Congrats! Do you mind filling this out?
Interview #
School:

Notification date:
Method of notification:
Residency:
Application complete date:
GPA (overall, science):
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):
Dates available OR your interview date:
Method of Interview:

Interview #2
School: Tufts
Notification date: 9.24
Method of notification: email
Residency: OOS
Application complete date: 6.28
GPA (overall, science): 3.35, 3.2 (good trend)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/20/24/none
Dates available OR your interview date: week of October 5th
Method of Interview: Zoom

Reactions: 6 users
Is everyone else's status "Received/Application Complete"?
or "Received/Under Review"?

Is everyone else's status "Received/Application Complete"?
or "Received/Under Review"?
Mine is "Received/Under Review", but literally all of the programs I applied to except for NOVA have that as their decision status for me on AADSAS

Glad we’re all in the same boat haha

Congrats!! I just received my email today as well! It seems like this may be the first group to go through, what do you think?
Also if you don'd mind where was your other interview offer from? Best of luck!

Just got my interview offer today! "Presentation Day" October 5th, then a formal interview to follow that week. I'm curious, it seems that this may the first group to interview for 2025?

Just to aid with anyone else curious:
Interview # 1
School: Tufts
Notification date: 9/24/20
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
Application complete date: 6/19/20
GPA (overall, science): Undergrad OA: 3.03 Undergrad Science: 2.72
Graduate OA: 3.88 Graduate Science: 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): (AA 21/TS 20/PAT 21/RC 26)
Dates available OR your interview date: Group presentations: 10/5/20, interview to be determined (sometime that week)
Method of Interview: Zoom

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!! I just received my email today as well! It seems like this may be the first group to go through, what do you think?
Also if you don'd mind where was your other interview offer from? Best of luck!
I agree. I think we did make the first round of interviews, but I am not sure that it matters all that much for which wave of interviews one gets. Thoughts? I interviewed at UAB on September 4th.

I agree. I think we did make the first round of interviews, but I am not sure that it matters all that much for which wave of interviews one gets. Thoughts? I interviewed at UAB on September 4th.
I'm not sure, I also feel like it doesn't matter that much because maybe its just how early we got our applications in.

I submitted 6.28, when did you submit?
6/19! I wanted to get mine in ASAP without sacrificing any quality. Sent a majority out that day. Which is why I have been a bit anxious about not hearing from anywhere yet. Since I was in so early I know that I'm in their first group to review, so I feel like if I don't hear early on then it means they tossed me to the side. Not sure if thats how it works

6/19! I wanted to get mine in ASAP without sacrificing any quality. Sent a majority out that day. Which is why I have been a bit anxious about not hearing from anywhere yet. Since I was in so early I know that I'm in their first group to review, so I feel like if I don't hear early on then it means they tossed me to the side. Not sure if thats how it works
I know what you mean, and I dunno. I applied to a lot of school and have only gotten two interviews thus far. Perhaps it's still at the beginning of the interview process?

for those who received interviews, how long did it take to get the supplemental after emailing them back for Presentation Day?

For those who received an interview, how long after submitting the supplemental did you hear back with an interview invite?

Did anybody get a response after accepting the interview/presentation day offer? I haven’t, Should I sent another email?

Did anybody get a response after accepting the interview/presentation day offer? I haven’t, Should I sent another email?
I just attended today’s presentation day. When I accepted the offer it took 5 or 6 days to get the next steps. I was stressed that they didn’t get it but don’t worry, if you sent it to the email they indicated then it went through. In about that same time (or maybe less) you’ll receive the supplemental application to fill out and the link to the Zoom

Does anyone have any idea on how long or short the essay should be?

Wait sorry. Before getting an interview, you were invited to presentation day and had to write a supplemental essay and then you had an interview?
Right. They sent an email saying I was invited to interview and Presentation Day. They later sent an email with details on Presentation Day and an attached supplemental application and essay. After you sent that supplemental back to them, they sent an email with the details on the interview. Then went through Presentation Day and interviewed the next day.

are all the interviews the day after the presentation day? or are they spread out during the week?

are all the interviews the day after the presentation day? or are they spread out during the week?
mine was the next day and there were only 15 of us in the first presentation day. i imagine they did all of them the next day

What essay? Do they only ask for an essay from people they want to interview?
The interview and presentation day come hand in hand. For those they want an interview with they will send an email with dates for the presentation day first, then further information on a supplemental application and interview date will follow shortly. I interviewed this past Tuesday as well

did you guys hand write the secondary application then scan it and send it or did you just hand write the essay part?

I scanned it from my phone so it automatically becomes a pdf file.

did you guys hand write the secondary application then scan it and send it or did you just hand write the essay part?
hand wrote the whole t
How did you save it in PD format or did you just save it in PDF?
I thought the PD format was a typo and assumed they meant PDF. I just used the Genius Scan app to convert to PDF

For the people that interviewed, did your status on AADSAS change back to Received/Under Review from Invited for interview after your interview?

How was the interview? was it more like conversational?? Any challenging questions?