Tufts C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just declined my OOS seat for UPenn. I hope someone else gets good news soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Declined my OOS seat for UPenn. Good luck everyone you are all going to be amazing vets!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just asked for an update on the waitlist and they said it is unlikely they will be using there alternate waitlist this year.

Current VA in the teaching hospital - an email went out today that they had way more applicants accept their seat than they originally expected so now the class size is 174 instead of the goal of 130 and they are scrambling to make arrangements to accommodate everybody

Current VA in the teaching hospital - an email went out today that they had way more applicants accept their seat than they originally expected so now the class size is 174 instead of the goal of 130 and they are scrambling to make arrangements to accommodate everybody
wow, that’s gonna be fun. LSU has 176 this year so welcome to the high #s club everyone!

wow that's crazy! on accepted students day it seems like they were even scrambling to accommodate the 130 this year.... lots of talks of temporary classrooms and such..

Yikes, I'm actually kind of glad I declined my seat then. Do they always over accept like that? I thought most schools sent out acceptances equal to their class size and filled seats as they opened, not planned for people to decline.

Yikes, I'm actually kind of glad I declined my seat then. Do they always over accept like that? I thought most schools sent out acceptances equal to their class size and filled seats as they opened, not planned for people to decline.
Seems like they were expecting to expand the class but it’s now being expanded more than originally anticipated because so many people accepted their seats. Talks of makeshift classrooms that can accommodate 150+

Honestly kind of upset that they let this happen by over accepting. 150-170 is a huge jump from the original 100-110 and even the planned 130. I'm worried abt how it will affect our education quality and opportunities.

they often over-accept; I’m not sure how many people normally decline

Honestly kind of upset that they let this happen by over accepting. 150-170 is a huge jump from the original 100-110 and even the planned 130. I'm worried abt how it will affect our education quality and opportunities.
yeah, it’s a little concerning. our existing facilities are definitely on the smaller size.
my class has around 95 people in it, so it def feels exponential to most of us.

I hope it turns out okay for y’all. If nothing else maybe it’ll get the ball rolling on some of their planned projects.

Reactions: 1 users