Tuesday!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jd807

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tuesday at 9am is coming up quickly! How is everybody doing? Any last minute thoughts/ suggestions/concerns?

Members don't see this ad.

like I said in my other post...

Aggghhhh! +pissed+

When will this end!?!?!?!?

Still stuck on my personal statement!

What 's your personal take on gearing personal statements toward specific schools? Being that we have the option of sending out more than one personal statement. I know it's time-consuming, but is anyone else doing this?

Kiki2004,

I thought about having personalized personal statements and decided against it. I sent out my completed application and the personal statement was the hardest part. I had a few people that I trust read it over for errors and then sent it after working on it for weeks.

Just get your application done and send it in. I spoke with a highly respected program director on Wednesday and he advised me to get my application in as early as possible. He stated that it is a good idea to have applications complete no later than October 1st (including all of the letters).

What programs are all of you going to apply to?

How is UC Irvine?

Members don't see this ad :)
i agree with AZ DOC- it is a great idea, but the best idea is just to get your application complete ASAP. From looking at ADTS, I can see that about half the programs I applied to have downloaded my info already.

I have two of my LORs in already, one other writer sent me an email two weeks ago saying he was almost done but I forgot to sign the consent form so I had to send a new one, and the fourth is a very busy guy who I have left two VMs for. I am starting to get nervous that the Oct 1 deadline will not be met bc of him.........

Concur!

I did my PS when I was doing my OB rotation and had the residents look it over for me. Since you are at UCI maybe you can have some folks look it over. Its a good ice breaker!