TUCOM-NY Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From what I understand, they will call if you if you're offered an acceptance. Otherwise, you will be sent a letter via standard mail informing you of a wailist/declined status.
I interviewed on 3/10.

Get a nice generic email if they don't call you. Expect something after 4:30 PM. Can be over 2wks too, maybe middle of the week.

good luck

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if TUCOM-NY requires transcripts to be submitted with secondaries or after being accepted like TUCOM-CA? I have tried calling their admin assistant, Mr. Issa Sow but never has been able to reach him. :confused:

Does anyone know if TUCOM-NY requires transcripts to be submitted with secondaries or after being accepted like TUCOM-CA? I have tried calling their admin assistant, Mr. Issa Sow but never has been able to reach him. :confused:

No need to submit transcripts, just the secondary and more importantly the $200.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Wonderboy. But I am still puzzled and concerned about the lack of access to information for TUCOM-NY both via phone and their website. Like what someone else mentioned earlier, I can't find an academic calendar and it seems really difficult to reach someone at their admin office. Does anyone else feel this way?

Ah nevermind, I read somewhere else that they're on springbreak til 4/12th!

Thanks Wonderboy. But I am still puzzled and concerned about the lack of access to information for TUCOM-NY both via phone and their website. Like what someone else mentioned earlier, I can't find an academic calendar and it seems really difficult to reach someone at their admin office. Does anyone else feel this way?

Ah nevermind, I read somewhere else that they're on springbreak til 4/12th!

Even our student guide complained that the admissions and financial office was a little slow and disorganized. Its a small office and with not a lot of people working in it. Thats one of the things you have to deal with when going to new school.

I know that all the offices are closed because of spring break, but does anyone know an approximate timeline for submitting/hearing back about financial aid from this school?

I completed my FAFSA a while ago, and I was wondering what happens next, etc, etc at Touro.... but i'm just worried about the timing of everything because we are starting so early this year

Does anyone know what are the overall chances of acceptance and/or high waitlist for those who are interviewed at TOURO COM NY?

Does anyone know what are the overall chances of acceptance and/or high waitlist for those who are interviewed at TOURO COM NY?

No one can answer that question here positively. Obed would know but its hard to get info out of him. I have read on here that they High-wailisted someone in november which is odd.

Just my thoughts...if you have high enough MCAT (>27ish) and GPA you would get in as it seems from reading acceptance posts. Just cause its Touro doesn't mean its easier to get into to; every school is competitive this late in the game. They are taking high stats first and putting rest on waitlist to see how many spots they have left in May.

good luck!

Good luck to all of us waiting to hear this week! I wonder if people from all four interview groups (3/15-3/24) will hear tomorrow...

accepted!!!! got the call around 4 15 pm, now for all the paperwork!

Wow, congrats!
Would you mind sharing your stats?

I'm applying for the 2011 cycle and plan to take my mcat july 31. Since tucom-ny screens primaries, how what will my situation be if I turn in my primary during may or june? I heard that you can get your primaries approved without an mcat score but how does this work with this school?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm only assuming, but I think they would wait for your mcat score. Even so, you should have your score in by the end of August, and that shouldn't put you behind very much at all.

It appears there will soon be movement on the Wait list (high).

If you no longer want your space on the list or no longer plan to attend, please call or email Obed ASAP so that the rest of us can have our shot.

Best of Fortune to you all! :luck:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=113499265354033 << wait list facebook group!

Yes! received the email from Obed. Please guys, if you are NOT interested in TOURO, please email Obed, so we people on the waitlist can be offered a seat in the class.

When do you think we will hear about our rank on the waitlist?

It appears there will soon be movement on the Wait list (high).

If you no longer want your space on the list or no longer plan to attend, please call or email Obed ASAP so that the rest of us can have our shot.

Best of Fortune to you all! :luck:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=113499265354033 << wait list facebook group!

Yes! received the email from Obed. Please guys, if you are NOT interested in TOURO, please email Obed, so we people on the waitlist can be offered a seat in the class.

When do you think we will hear about our rank on the waitlist?

Wouldn't surprise me if it was the beginning of business next week. :xf:

Wouldn't surprise me if it was the beginning of business next week. :xf:

yeah, that is what I am thinking, but hoping and praying that Obed will email us on Friday!

Dying to know my spot on the waitlist!!!! I love TOUROCOM!!!!!!!!!!!

Any of the accepted and waitlisted individuals feel like posting some GPA/MCAT stats? (I've noticed that mostly those with the better scores tend to post, while others fade into the background).

Any of the accepted and waitlisted individuals feel like posting some GPA/MCAT stats? (I've noticed that mostly those with the better scores tend to post, while others fade into the background).

i'm on the high waitlist.
GPA: 3.3-3.5
MCAT: 28Q

i hope not everyone in the class has ridiculous stats like i've seen posted!

i'm on the high waitlist.
GPA: 3.3-3.5
MCAT: 28Q

i hope not everyone in the class has ridiculous stats like i've seen posted!

thanks lil miss runner. i have similar stats (well not taking the mcat until september). 3.22 gpa, 3.4 sgpa, a fair share of slip ups during those immature years, but a good deal of life and clinical experience. i'm hoping i can break that 30 mcat mark and get in to one of the local D.O. schools.

btw do you live in or near nyc (brooklyn here)? running in any big races this race? (going by your name and all i'm assuming you pound the pavement). i'm running for fred's team in this year's ING NYC marathon.

thanks lil miss runner. i have similar stats (well not taking the mcat until september). 3.22 gpa, 3.4 sgpa, a fair share of slip ups during those immature years, but a good deal of life and clinical experience. i'm hoping i can break that 30 mcat mark and get in to one of the local D.O. schools.

btw do you live in or near nyc (brooklyn here)? running in any big races this race? (going by your name and all i'm assuming you pound the pavement). i'm running for fred's team in this year's ING NYC marathon.

i currently live in jersey right now, but soon to be a nyorker! yaay! i like to run recreationally, but i think my legs would fall off if i ever ran a marathon!! goodluck in applying and running the big kahuna of races! :)

i currently live in jersey right now, but soon to be a nyorker! yaay! i like to run recreationally, but i think my legs would fall off if i ever ran a marathon!! goodluck in applying and running the big kahuna of races! :)

Hey thanks! So, I guess you're in huh? Was that off the waitlist? If you don't mind me asking, when did you send in your application? I'm sending mine within the next few weeks, but it will not be complete until the MCAT scores roll in, which would be sometime the beginning of October.

Hey thanks! So, I guess you're in huh? Was that off the waitlist? If you don't mind me asking, when did you send in your application? I'm sending mine within the next few weeks, but it will not be complete until the MCAT scores roll in, which would be sometime the beginning of October.

yeah, i got off the high waitlist! i sent my primaries out in september, but secondaries out in like late march, i don't recommend you doing that at all because most schools were aleady full then..ahha except touro!! but while you're waiting for your mcat scores you can definitely work on your secondaries if someone posts the question on SDN.

i think the interview is important in differentiating yourself from your peers! soo when you interview, preppreppreprpe!

goodluck! you seem like you're on the ball already!

yeah, i got off the high waitlist! i sent my primaries out in september, but secondaries out in like late march, i don't recommend you doing that at all because most schools were aleady full then..ahha except touro!! but while you're waiting for your mcat scores you can definitely work on your secondaries if someone posts the question on SDN.

i think the interview is important in differentiating yourself from your peers! soo when you interview, preppreppreprpe!

goodluck! you seem like you're on the ball already!

Big CONGRATS to you!!! Thanks for the advice too. I'm hoping they send me secondaries even without the MCAT score, but it seems that every school is a bit different in that regard. I should have the primary finished in a few weeks.

Yo, GOOD LUCK with school!!! You start in a few weeks right?

I am on waitlists at several MD programs so if I get in I will probably go there and give up my spot at Touro. Does anyone know when the last day to get a refund on the deposit is?

I am on waitlists at several MD programs so if I get in I will probably go there and give up my spot at Touro. Does anyone know when the last day to get a refund on the deposit is?

I thought the initial $2000 is non-refundable. And you can get back your 2nd deposit if you drop before orientation.