TouroCOM Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
someone told me that but i could be wrong. so i guess about 30+ more acceptances will be handed out. i'm around 50 so i will be left in the dust. bummer

Nothing is for sure. These are just some numbers pulled off from last year - they may or may not be similar to ours this year. Besides if they have a Medium-Waitlist, which implies that perhaps the number on the high-waitlist is not enough?

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing is for sure. These are just some numbers pulled off from last year - they may or may not be similar to ours this year. Besides if they have a Medium-Waitlist, which implies that perhaps the number on the high-waitlist is not enough?

I think if they have a medium waitlist, then all the high waitlisters have a chance. The big question is how many high waitlisters get in last year?

Is it reasonable to assume that at lease half of the 89 high waitlisters will get in this year?

I cant find original email but Obed said he sent about 50 acceptances from high wait list group last year.. size of waitlisters are almost same so I guess same number will happen this year... but its just guess cause first year they consumed entire waitlist so...

I personally want to think at least half of the waitlist! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I cant find original email but Obed said he sent about 50 acceptances from high wait list group last year.. size of waitlisters are almost same so I guess same number will happen this year... but its just guess cause first year they consumed entire waitlist so...

I personally want to think at least half of the waitlist! :laugh:

"Last year when I conducted this review it dropped down by 40 immediately! I then offered over 50 Acceptances to matriculate 27 from the ‘waitlist'."

That is what he wrote in the first, when he was conducting the first review to see if people still wanted to come.

Don't know what will happen, but I do know this year is more competitive than last year and the up coming year will most likely be rougher than this year.

Even if this year's applicants are more competitive, that shouldn't change anything about the waitlist.

I personally think it's reasonable that about a third to a half get acceptances.

So...just got an email from Obed that out of 30 offers 22 people sent in deposit... that's a lot higher than previous years. Right now he's not going to send out acceptance to anyone on the waitlist unless someone drops out.

Guess we're back to waiting again...

I was thinking about obed's email.
so this year he sended out 30 acceptance letter(from the high waitlist he said) before even make a ranking number. so like he said as last year if he sends about 50 acceptance letters, thats only up to 20 in our ranking number, right?

i dont want to think in a negative way, but that's what I figured. what do you guys think?:confused:

I was thinking about obed's email.
so this year he sended out 30 acceptance letter(from the high waitlist he said) before even make a ranking number. so like he said as last year if he sends about 50 acceptance letters, thats only up to 20 in our ranking number, right?

i dont want to think in a negative way, but that's what I figured. what do you guys think?:confused:

Try to stay positive. Look at it this way, not ALL the people who put down their deposits will actually matriculate. I must say that TouroCOM's waitlist opened up faster than some other schools that I know of. This probably means that some people sent in their deposits to hold their spots, and will drop when they hear from the other schools. As Obed said, based on his experience there WILL be change in the coming 8 weeks. And people ARE dropping out. Now we're down to 86 people on the list. Even though my number didn't change, it at least tells me that the list will get smaller. So take a deep breath and try to relax.

I might just wanted to hear some positive idea about this whole waiting thing... thank you!

my number actually wend down by one.
someone between your number and my number might dropped haha

it is such a beautiful summer day...like perfect day for strawberry smoothy! delicious!:thumbup:

Does anybody know how much deposit we have to put when we get off the waitlist?

Last edited:
Does anybody know how much deposit we have to put when we get off the waitlist?

I think it's either $2000 or $3000 (combination of 1st and 2nd deposit).

Think Obed's gonna contact us tomorrow? He's been doing Thursday contacts for two weeks now...

Members don't see this ad :)
The waitlist is moving so slow. I was hoping there would be a movement of 10 people every week, but doesnt look like this will happen. I'm beginning to think that if you are not in the top 20, then we dont have a good chance of getting in. I"m not in the top 20 either.

Are we going to hear from Obed today with new ranking number? Is the class full??

Are we going to hear from Obed today with new ranking number? Is the class full??

Well, Obed said in the last email that he could not accept anymore student off the waitlist at that point, which implied that the class was full as of that time. But as he said, there are still quite a few weeks before school starts, and there will be students giving up their spots as they hear back from other schools. Seats will open up, we just don't know how many...

Well, Obed said in the last email that he could not accept anymore student off the waitlist at that point, which implied that the class was full as of that time. But as he said, there are still quite a few weeks before school starts, and there will be students giving up their spots as they hear back from other schools. Seats will open up, we just don't know how many...

I still wish we got an email or facebook update. i cant believe since we received our ranks there has been movement by only 1 person.

I got an email from Obed today in response to some of my questions.

He said that it didn't really look good for anyone on the waitlist higher than #10 or so (I'm in the 30's).

Also, he said that to be considered for next year's cycle, I would have to go through the application process just as I did this year.

Hope that helps those who are waiting for information.

I got an email from Obed today in response to some of my questions.

He said that it didn't really look good for anyone on the waitlist higher than #10 or so (I'm in the 30's).

Also, he said that to be considered for next year's cycle, I would have to go through the application process just as I did this year.

Hope that helps those who are waiting for information.

So it seems that Obed gave out offers to 10 more students today. I think there's still hope...

More people are accepted. 4 weeks to go...keep our fingers cross everyone...

Obed is pretty quite, thought he would at least give us an update after the friday deadline for people that were given spots. 2 wks to go, blah.:(

Obed is pretty quite, thought he would at least give us an update after the friday deadline for people that were given spots. 2 wks to go, blah.:(

Obed called earlier this week and I'm accepted. I think everyone else on the waitlist will be getting an update probably today. Good luck everyone =)

I was told over the phone that we'd be getting an update yesterday, but nothing came.

I'm under the #10 mark and really starting to feel nervous- moving to NYC in a rush sounds fairly stressful.

I was told over the phone that we'd be getting an update yesterday, but nothing came.

I'm under the #10 mark and really starting to feel nervous- moving to NYC in a rush sounds fairly stressful.

Obed has a tendency to call late. So maybe you'll get a call around 5-6 EST. Good luck to you. I'm sure you'll get in.

I just withdrew from TouroCOM-NY. Hope one of ya'll get my spot. Good luck and take care!

At the rate things are moving its looking like I'll probably get an acceptance on thursday or friday.

Moving 2,000 miles in one weekend might not be fun.

At the rate things are moving its looking like I'll probably get an acceptance on thursday or friday.

Moving 2,000 miles in one weekend might not be fun.

Obed just sent out an update, check your emails. Down to 47 people in pool, let him know if you aren't interested so rest of us have a shot. Thanks!

Obed just sent out an update, check your emails. Down to 47 people in pool, let him know if you aren't interested so rest of us have a shot. Thanks!

What do we think the chances are of the dean "offering spots to those left on the list" High? lets say high? Please :scared::scared:

Obed posted on facebook that the class of 2014 is now full. Congrats to all those who made it, and to those who did not, never give up hope. :luck: