touro mi worry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vanip

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
sorry if this is a redundant thread, but i had a few questions about touro-mi. ive been reading what other sdn'ers have posted, and the good advice some MS I and II's had to give. i interview at mare island tuesday december 12th, and right now touro is my first choice (plus i have family in the sf bay area which would be great) i guess my questions are:

1) any advice for the interview?
2) should i be worried that its mid december and im interviewing (i got the invite mid october) and this was first available at that point. will there be seats left? i know some people interviewed as late as april last year and still got in
3) i would be following the advice of someone else who posted this, but do you think it is wise to email dr haight and ask him how many seats would be available for the group im interviewing in?
4) should i call ahead of time and find out who my interviewers are?

sorry for the long post, but im trying to not get worried, and want to know if there are still seats available. any help would be much appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

what's crazy is that all those questions will be answered the day of the interivew. i don't think that he'll tell yuo exactly hwo many seats are open over the phone.

It is good to be excited and a little nervous for your interview. Don't go crazy, though! Definitely do NOT call to ask about seats available, find out who your interviewers are, or anything else related to your interview. The fact is, they invited you for a 'view and you'll learn everything you possibly need to know while you're there.

They do the panel format, which freaks some people out, but it was all low stress. They don't ask you anything uncomfortable (at least not in our interview); rather, they asked about the interesting parts of all of our applications. It was actually pretty cool hearing about some of the things other people had done. Be kind, friendly, and humble, and you'll be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Vanip....well that makes two of us on Dec. 12th at MI. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do fine. If it's any consolation to you, I'll be in the same room as you while we're being grilled. Good luck and see you next week.

Hi all! I also have an interview there on dec 12th :)

Question 1: Read the interview feedback on SDN. Read your aacomas app and your secondary essays.

Question 2: No, it's not too late. It's half way through the application cycle, so in theory only half the seats are filled.

Question 3: I'd try and call admissions instead and ask them if they'd answer that question

Question 4: I dont think they share that info, but again, you could try if you're feeling brave :)

tkdrifto and jp104, glad to hear you guys will be interviewing with me! see you all next week. sarikate and manfood, thanks for the advice. i need to worry a little less :) any others on december 12th? :)

here's some advice from an interviewee in last year's cycle:

1) be a good listener, they will be watching you to see if you are paying attention to your fellow interviewees as they answer questions, at the very least pretend that you are listening even if your mind wanders :oops:

2) Know your application, go over anything you have submitted to them, b/c the majority of your questions will be about your application and history.

3) call within a week of your interview to find out who your interviewers are! this is extremely helpful b/c on interview day, you do not get a list of names of your interviewers. by knowing who they are in advance, you have some time to do research about their background and it may give u insight to what kinds of q's they may ask. also, it will give u ahead start so you can write appropriate thank you notes to your interviewers.

4) socialize with the other interviewees, they will be a fun bunch and the cream of the crop. dr. haight hand picks who gets interviewed..so you know that they are exceptional students, and know that you are exceptional as well to be included in an interview. it also will help you relax and feel at ease about the day.

5) you can bring your purses/portfolios/bags to the interview day, but u can not bring them inside the interview room when it comes time to interview. Make sure you memorize any questions you may have for them so you can ask.

6) You will get probably 4 questions at most. This is speaking from my experience and talking to others, but i found that all the female students had all female interview panels and the males were with all male interviewers. i dont know if that means anything. at my interview there were 3 females (including me) and 6 males. All the girls plus 2 boys were with all female interviewers and the rest of the males were with all male interviewers. from talking wtih the other group, the male interviewers seemed to have more abstract questions..in fact they were q's straight from SDN interview feedback . our group had q's that were file specific. its just something to keep in mind =)

7) be yourself! you will be great and will really like touro once you visit there...good luck!:luck: :luck:

here's some advice from an interviewee in last year's cycle:

1) be a good listener, they will be watching you to see if you are paying attention to your fellow interviewees as they answer questions, at the very least pretend that you are listening even if your mind wanders :oops:

2) Know your application, go over anything you have submitted to them, b/c the majority of your questions will be about your application and history.

3) call within a week of your interview to find out who your interviewers are! this is extremely helpful b/c on interview day, you do not get a list of names of your interviewers. by knowing who they are in advance, you have some time to do research about their background and it may give u insight to what kinds of q's they may ask. also, it will give u ahead start so you can write appropriate thank you notes to your interviewers.

4) socialize with the other interviewees, they will be a fun bunch and the cream of the crop. dr. haight hand picks who gets interviewed..so you know that they are exceptional students, and know that you are exceptional as well to be included in an interview. it also will help you relax and feel at ease about the day.

5) you can bring your purses/portfolios/bags to the interview day, but u can not bring them inside the interview room when it comes time to interview. Make sure you memorize any questions you may have for them so you can ask.

6) You will get probably 4 questions at most. This is speaking from my experience and talking to others, but i found that all the female students had all female interview panels and the males were with all male interviewers. i dont know if that means anything. at my interview there were 3 females (including me) and 6 males. All the girls plus 2 boys were with all female interviewers and the rest of the males were with all male interviewers. from talking wtih the other group, the male interviewers seemed to have more abstract questions..in fact they were q's straight from SDN interview feedback . our group had q's that were file specific. its just something to keep in mind =)

7) be yourself! you will be great and will really like touro once you visit there...good luck!:luck: :luck:

thanks so much.. it's good advice and i need to take it easy. :) well im off to work. thanks again!

Just a random silly question. How do you pronounce haight? Is it "hate" or "height"?

cbenedic, i just PM'd you..

Hi Vanip... Congrats that it's all behind you now. How was your experience? Let us know how the interview went, either here or on interview feedback. Thanks:)

p.s. My interview is coming up soon, Jan 30th

I probably wont' be interviewing at TUCOM until Feb. Does this mean my chances of being accepted are slim? I only scored a 23 on my MCAT...went to grad school though...and my overall gpa is about a 3.77 (undergrad and grad combined).