Top B-schools according to Forbes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrJosephKim

Advisor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I blogged about this, but I thought I should share it here as well. Forbes magazine recently ranked the top 50 business schools.

Here are the top 10:

1. Stanford
  2. Dartmouth (Tuck)
  3. Harvard
  4. Chicago (Booth)
  5. Pennsylvania (Wharton)
  6. Columbia
  7. Cornell (Johnson)
  8. Northwestern (Kellogg)
  9. Virginia (Darden)
  10. Yale
It's always interesting to see how different organizations rank b-schools.

Members don't see this ad.

i would have thought MIT (Sloan) and NYU (Stern) would be up there.

It's interesting to see the bias behind different ratings systems. Perhaps Forbes wishes to be different from all the others. They ranked West Point as the "best college" - so who would have expected that?

Members don't see this ad :)
west point is the hardest institution to get into in america if i recall properly

The most competitive (or highly selective) doesn't always equate as the "best."

Rating systems look at the overall big picture. How much is tuition? Where are the alumni? What types of jobs are graduates finding? Teacher/student ratio. Research opportunities. Reputation. Etc.

west point is the hardest institution to get into in america if i recall properly

It changes every friggin year. It was the coast guard academy of all places for a long time.

I'm surprised that the Indiana University Kelley School of Business isn't included on that list. I know for a fact that IU's Business school is damn good!

This list is absurd. No one that knows anything about business schools could take this seriously.

I blogged about this, but I thought I should share it here as well. Forbes magazine recently ranked the top 50 business schools.

Here are the top 10:

1. Stanford
  2. Dartmouth (Tuck)
  3. Harvard
  4. Chicago (Booth)
  5. Pennsylvania (Wharton)
  6. Columbia
  7. Cornell (Johnson)
  8. Northwestern (Kellogg)
  9. Virginia (Darden)
  10. Yale
It's always interesting to see how different organizations rank b-schools.

I suppose the folks at Forbes take it seriously...

These lists are very subjective. We also don't know what types of potential conflicts of interests (COI) lie behind any of these lists. What if a school donates $$$ to BusinessWeek, US News, Princeton Review, etc.? Does that influence any of these ratings?

This list is absurd. No one that knows anything about business schools could take this seriously.

I dunno. I'm in an MBA program right now, and know fellow MBAers from all around-- that list has some seriously top schools with some innovative ideas about training tomorrows business leaders. Stanford, Kellogg, Wharton? Some of the others? I mean these schools are really really good.