To aProgDirector & other helpful members: MSPE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stronghold

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school does not usually issue MSPEs, however, when I asked them for a one, they did. Although it contains my awards, class rank (top 10), reseaech....etc, it just mentions them in a narrative way in separate paragraphs, so it's just two pages, without graphs. The last section is summary that summarizes all the above sections, including class rank, again in a nareative way.

My concerns:
1) is that enough? Although it mentions I am in top 10 and scored in top 10% students in core clerkships, it does not specify clerkships or talk about them.

2) is the narrative way considered bad? You have to read paragraphs to find my rank and other stuff becauase they don' bold or underline anything to be more clear! However, it mentions them again in the summary.

3) Is having the MSPE devoid of graphs and comments on clerkship considered bad? Or what have been mentioned above in my post is enough?

Members don't see this ad.

My school does not usually issue MSPEs, however, when I asked them for a one, they did. Although it contains my awards, class rank (top 10), reseaech....etc, it just mentions them in a narrative way in separate paragraphs, so it's just two pages, without graphs. The last section is summary that summarizes all the above sections, including class rank, again in a nareative way.

My concerns:
1) is that enough? Although it mentions I am in top 10 and scored in top 10% students in core clerkships, it does not specify clerkships or talk about them.

2) is the narrative way considered bad? You have to read paragraphs to find my rank and other stuff becauase they don' bold or underline anything to be more clear! However, it mentions them again in the summary.

3) Is having the MSPE devoid of graphs and comments on clerkship considered bad? Or what have been mentioned above in my post is enough?

You have what you have. Some of the MSPEs I see are 15+ pages long... there's no way I'm reading through all of that. In some ways a succinct paper like this may be a good thing. If your school doesn't normally issue one, and they took the time to put one together, take what you can get. Don't worry about the class rank being unbolded... we will find it.