MD Tips to improve my status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

watermelon1984

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
To anyone who is reading this: Any tips are great, thank you!

I'm Canadian and I applied to US 2017 match, and unfortunately I fail my CS so I was forced to withdrawn from the match. This year I applied 200 Family programs and 40 Internal medicine programs and end up with only 1 interview. I fail CS so I was withdrawn from the batch and the 1 interview I had. I was really devastating for the result.However, I passed on the 2nd attempt for CS and now I"m qualifying for SOAP.

I"m an IMG and will be graduating in April of 2017 from one of the Caribbean medical school! All my clinical rotations are in USA, with one rotation in Canada (3 weeks).

Now, I'm preparing for Canadian Match of next year by taking following exams:

MCCEE exam in March
QE1 exam in August
Nas-Osce in Sept

Step3 in August so the result is ready for 2018 Sept 15 ERAS

my status:
1. Step1: 223 (1st)
2. Step2 CK: 211 (1st)
3. Step2 CS: Passed (2nd)
4. Need J1 VISA for USA match
5. aiming for Family Residency (1st choice), Internal Medicine (backup)
6. I have a participation of research certificate in undergraduate education department in one of the educating hospital in New York but never been published.

I was really hoping to match to USA especially coming back home to Canada is much harder than matching to USA. Any tips for improving my status will be great beside doing research! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.