tips on preparing for radonc written clinic boards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FreakFlag

spiral of silence
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Any high-yield tips on preparing for radonc written clinic boards?

Also, when are we supposed to register for this exam?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I used the green Q&A book almost exclusively..worked for me

Members don't see this ad :)
That's the book. It was the main resource I personally used..except when I didn't know stuff mentioned in the book or if I wasn't totally comfortable with a trial, of course I looked it up. But between that book and attending the ASTRO Spring Refresher (probably overkill), I felt it was sufficient preparation. I also went through a couple of the most recent inservice exams.

With any test prep though, whether it's clinicals or orals or step 1 or the MCAT, don't follow anyone's recipe. You know yourself the best, so do what works for you. Some will say they studied for only 2 weeks and it was a piece of cake. That was not my experience, I started in March for a couple hours each night..but I generally need to prepare more than most. I went through the green book very carefully twice and knew most everything in it. Now I have forgotten most of it again and am re-learning a lot for the umpteenth time as I prepare for orals!

I believe he is referring to that book. Nice review book. I heard a rumor it is completely written based off of old written recalls, and because of that, another edition will not be published. That's 100% rumor based, and unsubstantiated, similar to most things on SDN, so take it for what it's worth.
If the above is true, then it would make an excellent resource in preparing for written boards.
good luck

Not true