Time slots for endoscopy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JP2740

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you think is the ideal time slot for EGD’s and Colons. I’ve seen every procedure for 20 min, every procedure for 30 min, every procedure gets 40. I feel like 30 min slots are ideal. 20 min is a bit crazy and 40 min is excessive. Haven’t seen a place do different times for EGD Vs colon.

What do you think and what has your experience been?

Members don't see this ad.

Alot of places just do 30 min for all slots, have to tailor it to your individual goals, I increased single colons to 45 min, not because they take that long but when accounting for my documentation, room turnover, and I like to see my next patient and consent them myself and also see the patient post procedure who I just completed while talking to family, I need the 45 minutes to accomplish all of it. If you are ok with patients just getting rolled in and out one after another like some are, then make it shorter according to your needs

What do you think is the ideal time slot for EGD’s and Colons. I’ve seen every procedure for 20 min, every procedure for 30 min, every procedure gets 40. I feel like 30 min slots are ideal. 20 min is a bit crazy and 40 min is excessive. Haven’t seen a place do different times for EGD Vs colon.

What do you think and what has your experience been?
30s. it ll work out by end of the day if you have mix of egd colons

30 minutes for Colons. 45 mins for EGD/Colon. EGD 30 minutes but it helps me catch up on long colons. It works out in the end.

Reactions: 1 user