Thoughts on my study plan for OAT in July?

EyeSee20

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My OAT is scheduled for July 14th. I began studying in May.

Here are the resources I currently have:
Chad's Videos, Kaplan Live OAT class (5 practice exams not used yet), OAT Destroyer, 2017 Kaplan Book

I spent May listening to my Kaplan Live OAT class and doing some of their assignments, listening to Chad's videos on some of my weaker topics, and took a practice exam. I didn't find the Kaplan class as helpful as I anticipated. It was just a lot of material thrown at once (3x a week) with very difficult and discouraging questions. I won the class in a raffle so it wasn't a giant loss for me.

My last practice exam on Kaplan results was:
AA: 320 ; TS: 330
Bio: 350
Gen Chem: 290
Organic: 340
Physics: 290
Reading: 340
QR: 330

Gen chem and physics is my weakest link, and I believe it's because of the lack of practice of it

This month leading up to my exam here is the plan I had:
-Get through all the OAT Destroyer questions, by doing 30-40 questions of 2 subjects per day equivalent to how many questions I will get on test day (exa. doing 30 Gen Chem questions, 40 Physics questions)
-Practice exam every Sunday leading up to the exam. Saving AOA Practice exam for last.
-For biology, DAT Biology Study Notes and Youtube?

I would appreciate any thoughts and constructive critiques!

Members don't see this ad.

I think your schedule is fine. Everyone studies differently as long as you brush up on what you need and take practice tests prior. I'm pretty sure I had the same exact scores for AA and TS for the kaplan practice tests and on the OAT I at least did 20-30 points better. You'll be fine! Just get your Gchem and Physic scores over 300.

Reactions: 1 user