"Thought experiment" type MCAT Qs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unsung

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I came across an EK physics passage that dealt with digging a tunnel through the earth to travel between cities, cutting down travel time. It was actually pretty neat (EK's good about that), and when I googled the idea, found an interesting site that talked about the idea (which would actually be conceivably doable on the moon) and gave some other physics "thought experiment" type situations. I think they're interesting to think about and also they seem like the kind of thing MCAT might like to throw out. So if anyone's interested:

http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/scenario/insight.htm

Now... why can't my real life physics class be less "plug & chug" and more interesting, like this? :sleep:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I came across an EK physics passage that dealt with digging a tunnel through the earth to travel between cities, cutting down travel time. It was actually pretty neat (EK's good about that), and when I googled the idea, found an interesting site that talked about the idea (which would actually be conceivably doable on the moon) and gave some other physics "thought experiment" type situations. I think they're interesting to think about and also they seem like the kind of thing MCAT might like to throw out. So if anyone's interested:

http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/scenario/insight.htm

Now... why can't my real life physics class be less "plug & chug" and more interesting, like this? :sleep:

Sounds promising! Thanks for providing the link -- I'm looking forward to checking it out. Thanks again!

My class was actually pretty cool :D E.g. when we talked about electricity and magnetism, my professor constantly likened the problems to real life situations and technology, e.g. MRI.