MHA Those Accepted to UIC (past & current)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmrx88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would appreciate some input from you all. I have a Bachelors in Biology with a low 2.79 GPA. I haven't taken the GRE yet but I am well aware that I need to do great on it considering my GPA. I have 6 years experience as a Pharmacy Tech, 1 year experience as a Research Assistant, I also have certifications as an EMT and CNA (no actual work experience in either). My question is, if I do well on my GRE do you all think I stand a chance for UIC for MHA? More importantly, would you all share your stats, especially those with "low" GPA's. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

RUN from UIC, they are horrible. See for urself, go in person and meet the profs. I got free money and passed on them!

RUN from UIC, they are horrible. See for urself, go in person and meet the profs. I got free money and passed on them!

You're gonna need to reveal some corroboration as to why UIC is "horrible." UIC is ranked #16, compared to be BU which is ranked #12/11, tied with Univ. Pitts, rankings don't mean much below the top ten, and these were done in 2010 for 2011 pub, BU might fall b/c Boston is totally over saturated with mph schools. If you don't like "free money", like scholarships, then go to BU as they overcharge compared to other schools.

This is an issue with global health, and for those students who want to actually make a difference in people's lives in other countries this requires a certain level of personal maturity with finances, which includes choosing a school that doesn't weigh you down with debt, and thus not going to BU as the tuition is high and they don't have the deep bench that other schools do in terms of global health. (Not saying much about other fields as i don't know, but this is just reality.) BU also has the audacity to charge their international PhD students a tuition, supposedly the school ain't getting the research dollars.