They haven't fizzled out (pharmacies with soda fountains)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rph3664

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This wire story appeared in my local newspaper today. You couldn't do this at CVS, that's for sure.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I went to an independent in Bar Harbor, Maine that had one. It was kinda gross though. Just a ton of syrup with carbonated water, it was like drinking a Jolly Rancher. I prefer the bottled blueberry soda that you buy in stores there.

Reactions: 1 users
This is a stupid joke my Dentist "friend." would come up with 30 years ago.
What is the main difference between an R.Ph. and a Pharm.D.?
- one knows how to make milk shakes

Members don't see this ad :)
I would have taken the BSPharm route if milkshake training was included. And I were given the option.

Reactions: 2 users

Isn't a PharmD also an Rph?

Reactions: 2 users
It used to be a given that a PharmD was also an RPh. But with NAPLEX pass rates around 80%, there is now a sizable population of Doctors of Pharmacy who are not Registered Pharmacists. I'm increasingly wondering where they end up....

Is it too obvious to mention that many retail pharmacies still sell soda? It's just in bottles now.

• Haha
Back in the stone age, there were two separate, distinct tracts. My school, at the time was the first All-Pharm.D. school, outside of California. The large state school, down the road, would graduate 120-150 R.Ph.s and only 5-6 Pharm.D.s.
Believe it or not, a huge separation.

A pharmacy and a restaurant in one building sounds like a logistic/inspection nightmare

Back in the stone age, there were two separate, distinct tracts. My school, at the time was the first All-Pharm.D. school, outside of California. The large state school, down the road, would graduate 120-150 R.Ph.s and only 5-6 Pharm.D.s.
Believe it or not, a huge separation.

But the PharmDs are also RPh when they get their license.

This is the hard hitting discourse, and controversy I am looking for when I come to this forum.
I just can't take much more of "should I go to Pharmacy school?" "I just love being buried under a mountain of debt"

My input: In Downtown Duluth, GA, there was a Rexall Drugstore attached to an old time diner. I went in the Drugstore, to say hi to the pharmacist (27-29 yrs ago) she turned out to be an ex-Eckerd Pharmacist, now owning the Drug Store and the Diner. They even had a milk shake counter. Me being young and naive, asked her how professional it was to have milk shakes and connected to the diner. She told me most her income was from the diner and not the pharmacy. Now the Pharmacy is gone, the diner is still killing it with the locals.

This is the hard hitting discourse, and controversy I am looking for when I come to this forum.
I just can't take much more of "should I go to Pharmacy school?" "I just love being buried under a mountain of debt"

My input: In Downtown Duluth, GA, there was a Rexall Drugstore attached to an old time diner. I went in the Drugstore, to say hi to the pharmacist (27-29 yrs ago) she turned out to be an ex-Eckerd Pharmacist, now owning the Drug Store and the Diner. They even had a milk shake counter. Me being young and naive, asked her how professional it was to have milk shakes and connected to the diner. She told me most her income was from the diner and not the pharmacy. Now the Pharmacy is gone, the diner is still killing it with the locals.

Good food and drinks will always be successful. Everyone loves to pay for food and milkshakes, even if they're expensive. No one wants to pay for meds, even if they're $1. Not customers, not insurance.