These TUSPM Materials are expensive

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr2bjake

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey... what of the orientation packet items are people getting?

ie. Lower Extremity Kit, Anatomy Survival Kit, Note-taking service, etc.

???

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I am goin to TUSPM this fall and received the packet with all the things you can buy. I too am not sure which ones to get. I'm wondering if we can order them later (the study guides) and split the cost with someone, that way its not as expensive. Basically I'm just as confused as you if you find out anything let me know

I'm with you guys...I'm not sure what to buy. I don't want to be at a disadvantage if I don't order all these materials, but the ol' financial aid check isn't supposed to come in until late August and I don't have all this extra $$$ just sitting around! Since I've already taken general anatomy, I might skimp on those materials and just get the lower extremity stuff. Or I might just prostitute myself so I can afford all of it.

Members don't see this ad :)
krabmas said:
if you went to nycpm the note service is included in tuition. and still less than temple.

But aren't you paying to live in Manhattan? ($$$)

The only thing I sent in thus far was my Big / Lil' Sib paper. Hopefully I can scrape enough money together to buy the orientation Pizza and Sub.

Oddly enough I never thought about splitting the CD and stuff with other people. Let me know if anyone is interested...

And as for prostitution I am not sure what a good area in Philly would be to start. Although I did pick up the City Paper on my last visit and found a bunch of articles where hookers come to you. Maybe I could advertise my "man *****" business there???

Lastly, those that are going to TUSPM - can't wait to meet everyone!

Lata,

Jake

Hey Jake.. or anyone else, Im also up for splitting all the packet stuff with someone. I actually emailed my big sibling and she said that she just split the cost with her roomate and everything worked out fine for her. If your interested let me know

dr2bjake said:
But aren't you paying to live in Manhattan? ($$$)

And as for prostitution I am not sure what a good area in Philly would be to start. Although I did pick up the City Paper on my last visit and found a bunch of articles where hookers come to you. Maybe I could advertise my "man *****" business there???

Lastly, those that are going to TUSPM - can't wait to meet everyone!

Lata,

Jake

Philly isn't so cheap to live in either and no - most students live in the dorms or out of Manhattan. Also, Manhattan only costs lots if you want to live in a place bigger than ministorage and not in the Ghetto. :laugh:

One last thing - those prostitutes will start to add up to as much as living it up in Manhattan so watch out :eek:

I recommending splitting some of the kits with someone in the class. As for Note-taking service, I do recommend students who wish to have a transcription of the class lectures to subscribe to it. When I was a student at TUSPM, I was one of the Noteservice coordinator. Each year, we would charge a certain fee for noteservice. If there were any money left at the end of the year, we would refund it to the subscribers. Please note that not everyone in your class will subscribe to noteservice since it is optional. If you take good notes and will attend all classes, you may not need noteservice.

It is a good idea to talk to your big siblings as for some other things that you can cut cost on. If any of the TUSPM new students have any questions, feel free to ask.

dr2bjake said:
Hey... what of the orientation packet items are people getting?

ie. Lower Extremity Kit, Anatomy Survival Kit, Note-taking service, etc.

???