the scoop of different programs...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gyri

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'd like to hear people's opinions about/experiences with the psych residencies at MUSC, Duke, UNC, NYU, UCLA-Harbor, UCSD, UW, U Penn, and Dartmouth.

Thanks, in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

anyone know anything about st vincents in manhattan
besides the great subsidized housing and the happy residents?
i noticed that nymc students aren't really represented in the residency. any ideas? anyone?

also, how about cambridge hospital?

anyone? anyone?

Buehler?

ok, I think maybe I overwhelmed everybody with my too-long list of programs above...

any input on MUSC?

Harvard Longwood?

Dartmouth?

(and I'd be interested to hear about Cambridge Health Alliance also, anaismd.)

Members don't see this ad :)
all right all right
i will share what little i know

okay, so i do know a little bit about musc

residents pretty happy there, great attendings, nice place to live
and awesome research going on. but all this is hearsay and yo have to sk yourself if ou are the kind of prson who would be happy in charleston and in the south. i know i wouldn't be happy except in a big FUN city

dartmouth i have no idea about.

harvard longwood i hear is a bit snobbish but maybe they have a right to be. very clinically oriented. its probably a great program except for the attitude which i guess some people get put off by

upenn is an amazing program that is really going in several new directions. they have some new tracks they are adding on to the program. the call schedule is great after 2nd year (i think you're
qyear), and the flexibility is amazing. they also have aaron beck and the beck institute. plus the city is affordable and really revitalizing itself--philly is trying to make itself into the kind of are that baltimore's inner harbor is. so i do know someone at this program and that is what they tell me. everyone is very happy there and its mostly because of the program directors who are just all around wonderful people.

i don't have much to say about ucsd--they flat out rejected me which was a huge blow to my ego but i guess you have to roll with the punches.

SO.....st vincent's in manhattan....cambridge hospital....
anyone? anyone?
Buehler?

Does anyone know anything about the Harvard South Shore or University of Washington Programs?

Thank you, AnaisMD, for your input about U Penn. I have an interview there in a few weeks and it's always good to get a little more information before making the trip to see the program. Does anyone have any information about Brown, Albert Einstein at Long Island Jewish/Hillside hospital, UC Irvine?

hey guys,
just to followup on ucla-harbor: one of the other forums said that they were having financial problems, did any of you guys who interviewed there find that was the case?

Hi:

Does anyone know anything about University of Nevada, New Mexico, San Mateo, CA community program, Stanford or Davis psych programs? How many programs have people applied to? Is this a more/same/less competitive than previous years. Thanks!

M-