*** The Official UCLA School of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Dont undermine your app, it just goes to show the admission process, even at top schools is holistic and im sure you have a solid app overall! Enjoy the interview, its a super chill day.

Thanks! Thats what my D1 friend said :)

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have an idea if I would receive a decision the first week of December despite interviewing nov 15?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can. I interviewed on the last pre-Dec day when I applied (two cycles ago, 11/17) and I was accepted Dec. 1st
Thanks! I know they accept most people they interview but I was just wondering since Nov at some schools is considered a post-dec acceptance or waitlist

are there any more interviews being sent out pre-December? Also, I know this may have been asked already, but does anyone know what percentage of students that get admitted are invited before December v. after? Is it half pre, half post, or is it majority pre-December? Just curious as to how many spots may be left at this point. Good luck everyone, hang in there!!

are there any more interviews being sent out pre-December?
11/15 might be the last pre-Dec day, for which invites have already been sent out (not sure if it's been filled up already though).
Also, I know this may have been asked already, but does anyone know what percentage of students that get admitted are invited before December v. after? Is it half pre, half post, or is it majority pre-December? Just curious as to how many spots may be left at this point.
UCLA doesn't release these stats (I think no school does...). Some of my classmates interviewed pre-Dec, and other interviewed post-Dec, so it's really hard to predict anything.

Reactions: 1 users
11/15 might be the last pre-Dec day, for which invites have already been sent out (not sure if it's been filled up already though).

UCLA doesn't release these stats (I think no school does...). Some of my classmates interviewed pre-Dec, and other interviewed post-Dec, so it's really hard to predict anything.

Perusing through the thread from last year, it looks like there were no post-dec interview dates last year (at least as far as I could tell from SDN). Do you have any idea about this year by chance?

Perusing through the thread from last year, it looks like there were no post-dec interview dates last year (at least as far as I could tell from SDN). Do you have any idea about this year by chance?

I emailed them a few weeks ago and they send they’d be sending out interview invites til January.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 user
No idea about this year. They haven't given us any panel days to sign up for in Jan/Feb/March, but only because it's probably just too early for that. I think they send out post-Dec interviews depending on how full their class is at the end of Dec, so maybe last cycle they already had a full set.

I know someone who interviewed post December last cycle

Does anyone have an idea if I would receive a decision the first week of December despite interviewing nov 15?
D1 here. I interviewed the last pre-dec interview day (after thanksgiving). I got accepted on Dec. 3 (first day of acceptances) and was still offered scholarship. Once you interview, you are on the same playing field as anyone else. Admissions committee is composed of 9 people and they take each interviewee very seriously when discussing admissions. They send out 120ish acceptances on Dec. 3. We polled over half my class, and there was 1 person who reported having a post dec interview. Not sure what they're plan is this year as they have switched the interview format.

Check out UCLA SOD's annual report here for a further breakdown of my class. https://indd.adobe.com/view/bce17538-87ff-4ba4-a151-44d0543f3649

GL everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
D1 here. I interviewed the last pre-dec interview day (after thanksgiving). I got accepted on Dec. 3 (first day of acceptances) and was still offered scholarship. Once you interview, you are on the same playing field as anyone else. Admissions committee is composed of 9 people and they take each interviewee very seriously when discussing admissions. They send out 120ish acceptances on Dec. 3. We polled over half my class, and there was 1 person who reported having a post dec interview. Not sure what they're plan is this year as they have switched the interview format.

Check out UCLA SOD's annual report here for a further breakdown of my class. https://indd.adobe.com/view/bce17538-87ff-4ba4-a151-44d0543f3649

GL everyone!

Do you happen to know if they re-review our entire app including any possible comments from our interviewers?

My interviewer ended the interview saying he hoped to see me next September - do interviewers have a say on whether or not we’re accepted?

Do you happen to know if they re-review our entire app including any possible comments from our interviewers?
I'm sure they do.

My interviewer ended the interview saying he hoped to see me next September - do interviewers have a say on whether or not we’re accepted?
.... yes. The interview is a large and important part of your application, so yes they do have a say. Their feedback goes back to the admissions committee, who will make the final decision.

I'm sure they do.

.... yes. The interview is a large and important part of your application, so yes they do have a say. Their feedback goes back to the admissions committee, who will make the final decision.

Thanks for the quick response! I really would love to go there and my anxiety is killing rn with having to wait till December haha

D1 reporting here! Good luck to everyone waiting to hear on December 2nd (because December 1st is a Sunday)!!! :highfive:

Also got the call! Last name starts with L

Got a call at 9:56 AM PST. Last name T btw

Got a call at 10:02 am PST, last name V!

My last name starts with T and I'm still waiting...

Placed on the alternate list :(

Alternate list as well. Is there a difference between alternate and waitlist?

Wow Congrats!! Are you in IS or OS? And may I ask how much did they offer you?

If I didn’t get placed on the alternate list just yet, does that mean I’m rejected? Also, are all the calls done?

If I didn’t get placed on the alternate list just yet, does that mean I’m rejected? Also, are all the calls done?
My boyfriend just called admissions and they only have an alternate list and they'll send out all their acceptances today

Just got a phone call and two scholarships
There's still hope guys this late in the game!

Sent from my SM-G970U using SDN mobile