Other The least burnt out specialties

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Usmle fight

Reaction score
If i newly married and i will have ababy is it hard to have a residency.. And what is the least specialty to burn out. Is there is rules in hospitals for married doctors, someone said that if i took im residency i won't see my husband is that right?

Members don't see this ad.

It all depends on your program. Certain IM programs especially In large cities from what I’ve heard could consume you. Meaning you really will only have time to work especially if they have call every x amount of days.

I’m training at a program in a rural area in Texas and to be honest I can’t really say that I’m overwhelmed in any form or shape. They have a night float system so I’m only working nights for 2 weeks in a row max. I get to see my family regularly and we get weekends when we work at outpatient clinics.

To me that’s the key is that programs have a night float rotation as opposed to a night float duty. It really helps.

It all depends on your program. Certain IM programs especially In large cities from what I’ve heard could consume you. Meaning you really will only have time to work especially if they have call every x amount of days.

I’m training at a program in a rural area in Texas and to be honest I can’t really say that I’m overwhelmed in any form or shape. They have a night float system so I’m only working nights for 2 weeks in a row max. I get to see my family regularly and we get weekends when we work at outpatient clinics.

To me that’s the key is that programs have a night float rotation as opposed to a night float duty. It really helps.

How to know and choose the program and what is the diffrence between rural area and other