The Dean at Ross is leaving.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewDragon

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dean Wagner is leaving after eight years of service. He doesn't know the reason why his contract was terminated.

I don't know who is coming after him. would there be a party for him? I doubt that.

Members don't see this ad.

Is any foul play suspected?

no, he's been here for 8 years and he's only the assoc dean of students.

The Dean is also leaving, Dr. Rios. He's going to be heading up a new medprep/post-bacc program the school is starting in NJ soon.

Our new dean will be some former dean from a medical school in New Mexico. I can't remember what school or his name. Probably not important.

It should be better for Ross to have this done. Rios never had any experience in the educational field, just did clinical trials and stuff before Ross. This guy has spent his career teaching medical students.

A few people are leaving Ross after this term. The one who matters the most though, I think, is our anatomy prosector. She's amazing. You can see her work in the new McMinns anatomy atlas.

Members don't see this ad :)
after 8 years, the dean is still the associate professor. mmm.

Does anyone know why Dean Wagner is leaving?

he was not an assoc prof.

he was the assoc dean.

and did the DPS and behav sci stuff from time to time.

"my dual appointment as Associate Professor and Associate Dean for Student Affairs will come to an end after eight years of service to the University.No reason was given for this action...."

That is what he wrote.

Originally posted by lmbebo
Rios never had any experience in the educational field, just did clinical trials and stuff before Ross.

This is simply not true. While Dr. Rios was at the FDA right before he came to Ross, he was also a Dean at George Washington University SOM. He is also a board-certified cardiologist.

Furthermore, his primary role at Ross has been administrative, not as an instructor.

-Skip

then someone else gave me some wrong info about Rios.

Either way, I still think the new Dean will be better for us in this crap hole.

does that mean that he is a "cardiologist?" is he a md? that can't be true, because he is not.

we won't know if his leaving is good or bad until we meet the new guy. but like i said before, it is bad for him, because he has to find a new job, etc. I hope that he will get a better offer in the states.

Originally posted by Skip Intro
This is simply not true. While Dr. Rios was at the FDA right before he came to Ross, he was also a Dean at George Washington University SOM. He is also a board-certified cardiologist.

Furthermore, his primary role at Ross has been administrative, not as an instructor.

-Skip

Originally posted by NewDragon
does that mean that he is a "cardiologist?" is he a md? that can't be true, because he is not.

we won't know if his leaving is good or bad until we meet the new guy. but like i said before, it is bad for him, because he has to find a new job, etc. I hope that he will get a better offer in the states.

Are you sure? As far as I know, Dr. Jorge Rios is a M.D. cardiologist. Dean Wagner is not a M.D. for sure.

Rios does not need a new job. He's heading up the movement of medprep to NJ. They are also starting a real post bacc program there I believe.
Rios is a cardiologist, so he is an MD.

Wagner has a masters in pyschiatry? or something.

He will need to find a new job.