Texas Tech University - El Paso (TTUHSC-El Paso) Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Yeah, I don't think they updated the page yet because it also mentioned the December 1 date, but it's December 15 for this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, I don't think they updated the page yet because it also mentioned the December 1 date, but it's December 15 for this cycle.
I think you are exactly right! Thank you so much for clarifying that. I really appreciate it!

Does anyone know how acceptances work? Will they send out emails starting midnight tomorrow or do they call on the 15th?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how acceptances work? Will they send out emails starting midnight tomorrow or do they call on the 15th?
There's no way to know but in the past TX dental schools have sent emails as early as midnight and sometimes they wait until like 8 or 9. Chances are you will have heard back before 10am tomorrow!

Received a call at 8:45 AM CST!

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know when the next bunch of acceptances will be released?
Also, do you think they sent out all 40 acceptances on the 15th?

Has anyone received a rejection or waitlist notification?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

They sent an email just now saying mid-January will be the next batch.

They sent out an email stating that the next round will be after the first group's 30 days for deposit is up. So sometime mid January.

Are they sending out interviews for post dec yet?

For those that got accepted yesterday, did they mention anything about subsidizing tuition?

I know for medical schools they sometimes cover a part of the first class’s costs.

Just got an email! Acceptance at 4:59 PM!!!

Interviewed 9/23

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected without interview. Good luck to everyone else.

I was wondering the same thing. We can make one if there is not one already
Yeah, I think it would be fine to make a Facebook group! Do you want to go ahead and make one and post it in the DAT Admissions Bootcamp Facebook group? I am not sure how to do that or I would.

Yeah, I think it would be fine to make a Facebook group! Do you want to go ahead and make one and post it in the DAT Admissions Bootcamp Facebook group? I am not sure how to do that or I would.
Sure! I am not a part of that group so could you tell me the exact name?

ACCEPTANCE EMAIL AT 1:18PM!!!! I'm over the moon right now.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Just got accepted! Still waiting to hear back from UTSD

Reactions: 2 users
Just got accepted via email! Does anyone know how much is their placement fee?

Last edited:
Rejection email @3:23 ; this was my last choice in terms of Texas schools

Rejected today as well. Its so funny when they say upon a high number of high qualified applicants we couldn't offer you a seat. I got in both SA and Houston and now you say I wasn't a competitive applicant? Well I wanted to reject you but you got me and rejected me faster :D. Congrats everyone who got in and keep up the hope the ones that are waiting.

• Care
Rejected today as well. Its so funny when they say upon a high number of high qualified applicants we couldn't offer you a seat. I got in both SA and Houston and now you say I wasn't a competitive applicant? Well I wanted to reject you but you got me and rejected me faster :D. Congrats everyone who got in and keep up the hope the ones that are waiting.
40 seats makes it highly competitive.

In case you were wondering, I have a 4.0 gpa, 26 AA, I’m a SHPEP alumnus, I have maybe about 500 volunteering hours in 2 different volunteering settings (a daycare and an underserved high school). I also have led a small digital marketing agency (managing Facebook ad campaigns for local businesses) as well as running a small team with a website making science videos to help high school students in AP classes. The dentist who wrote my rec letter is very experienced (about 30 years teaching and practicing dentistry) and said my personal statement was “one of the best she’s ever read”. I think my rec letters from professors were fairly decent too. But who knows! I only have 70 shadowing hours. I also submitted my app in late September and took the DAT very late in November and scored a 18 on the PAT. I came across dentistry pretty late in the game. I didn’t even join a predent org until last semester. I haven’t received interview invites from San Antonio or Dallas. I have no idea what these admissions committees are looking for. Maybe I sold myself way too much. Maybe they just assume I’m going to get picked up somewhere else so they don’t even bother looking at my app. Maybe my essays aren’t even that good in retrospect. Maybe my professor wrote something negative intentionally in my rec letter. Maybe I interview way worse than I think. Maybe taking the DAT that late is just a death sentence regardless of what the rest of my application has. Maybe maybe maybe. I have NO idea. But that’s okay. I think it’s better to view this whole process more as a matching system to make sure we are good fits rather than a competition. We are obviously all good enough to be accepted into dental school in our own ways. Let’s just trust them to do their thing rather than try to justify why (or why not) we get interviewed/accepted. Because tbh no one really knows exactly what they’re thinking or exactly what they’re looking for in applicants except them!
Well I didn't expect to get in to all dental schools that I applied for. Application process is exactly similar to finding a job. Some of them gonna like you others not. My point is I personally would prefer to receive a rejection email that says you weren't the right match for our school than a one it says due to a high number of overqualified applicants. For example your application is really competitive therefore it doesn't make any sense when they say you were not competitive enough. You are only not the right match at some schools, the others would love such an application. Maybe this is because I already got in, and for someone that is still waiting the cliché email of high number of qualified applicants works better. Good luck!

Well I didn't expect to get in to all dental schools that I applied for. Application process is exactly similar to finding a job. Some of them gonna like you others not. My point is I personally would prefer to receive a rejection email that says you weren't the right match for our school than a one it says due to a high number of overqualified applicants. For example your application is really competitive therefore it doesn't make any sense when they say you were not competitive enough. You are only not the right match at some schools, the others would love such an application. Maybe this is because I already got in, and for someone that is still waiting the cliché email of high number of qualified applicants works better. Good luck!
Ah I see, that perspective makes sense. But I guess there really isn’t a perfect way to reject someone 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users