General Admissions & OTCAS Texas schools 2020-2021 stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So since I accepted ACU's MSOT invite, I have been stressing out because it's a masters degree. I read on their website that once I start the MOT program I can't switch over to the OTD program. I had no idea they were even in the process of getting a doctorate program or I would have applied. Do you guys think I could email them and ask if I could be considered for the OTD program? The thing is they only accept 8 students, but I don't want to get a Masters in OT and later regret it. What do you guys think?
I don’t think they’d allow you to switch over this cycle. I remember going to their zoom virtual open house and they said they only allow 8 people in their OTD program.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So since I accepted ACU's MSOT invite, I have been stressing out because it's a masters degree. I read on their website that once I start the MOT program I can't switch over to the OTD program. I had no idea they were even in the process of getting a doctorate program or I would have applied. Do you guys think I could email them and ask if I could be considered for the OTD program? The thing is they only accept 8 students, but I don't want to get a Masters in OT and later regret it. What do you guys think?
I went to a zoom info session for ACU and they said that you would have to apply for the OTD program on OTCAS. As far as a MOT vs. OTD, I’ve talked to people who have completed their masters and from what they said, even her professors, don’t think that a doctorate is necessary currently. But, if you want to take more of a research/teaching track vs. just being a practitioner then you should go OTD. If you’re unsure if you want to take that track, the the masters degree shouldn't hinder you from getting a job as it is still the entry level degree to be an OT

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone makes one please let me know 😊
hi! i wasn’t sure how to go about it but i was wanting to make something for uthscsa otd! wasn’t sure if groupme or facebook page was better? i guess groupme has been more popular! just not sure how to go about it? i guess i can make a link and send it!

hi!!! i will be attending ut heath sa otd! i have been trying to find out how to get in contact with others going as well!!
Do you guys wanna start a group me? I have been wanting to meet ppl that is gonna in the program

Do you guys wanna start a group me? I have been wanting to meet ppl that is gonna in the program
just made a link! didn’t know if it should be open or closed hahhaa but my friend who made a page for PA there made their fb page closed and people had to show they were accepted and going so i made a question to be able to enter? i couldn’t think of a good one to know for sure so let me know if you think of a different one after you see it!You're invited to my new group 'UTHSCSA OT class of 2024!' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

I went to a zoom info session for ACU and they said that you would have to apply for the OTD program on OTCAS. As far as a MOT vs. OTD, I’ve talked to people who have completed their masters and from what they said, even her professors, don’t think that a doctorate is necessary currently. But, if you want to take more of a research/teaching track vs. just being a practitioner then you should go OTD. If you’re unsure if you want to take that track, the the masters degree shouldn't hinder you from getting a job as it is still the entry level degree to be an OT
Okay awesome! Thank you!

If anyone has been accepted to the TWU OTD program for the summer term know if there's a group I can join?

I havent yet :(
I haven’t either. Wish we would know at least something if there are no spots left or they are waiting until it gets closer to when school starts in the summer to see if any spots open for any of the campuses.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi you guys! I am a current TWU OTD student. Some of my friends in the cohort did not get off of the waitlist until March/April, so try not to lose hope just yet.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi you guys! I am a current TWU OTD student. Some of my friends in the cohort did not get off of the waitlist until March/April, so try not to lose hope just yet.
So glad to hear this! This gives me hope. Thank you for sharing :)

You're invited to my new group 'TWU OTD Denton 2024 Cohort' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Did anyone have an interview with tech on or after 12/11?

so they specifically said " today 12/11 will be our last interview day?

They didn’t say anything like that to me, but if you still haven’t heard back from Texas Tech I think it would be best to reach out to them regarding your application status or you can even log in to the TTUHSC application portal to see if they have given you an update. Not only that but I do believe that they would be able to give you a more accurate answer than me or anyone else on this forum.

Here is the contact information for the individual who reached out to us to schedule an interview.

Cindy Arnold (TTUHSC Business Coordinator)

806-743-3240
[email protected]

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Is there a Groupme for TWU Houston? If not I have no problem making one if there is any interest.

Has anyone heard from TTU or TWU Dallas' waitlists recently?

Right after I was waitlisted from TTU I got a contingency contract for admission. I hope this is a good sign.
If you don’t mind me asking, what is a contingency contract? What did it say?

It just confirmed that you are on an”alternates
If you don’t mind me asking, what is a contingency contract? What did it say?
It said I was selected as an alternate. Then it had a list of the requirements with a yes or no is they have been completed. You had to sign it snd return it with in 10 business days.

It just confirmed that you are on an”alternates

It said I was selected as an alternate. Then it had a list of the requirements with a yes or no is they have been completed. You had to sign it snd return it with in 10 business days.
Oh wow, I’m confused. I got one via email and accepted through the application status page on my account online the same day. I did get a letter in the mail a week or so later, but there was nothing to sign or return. Did you accept via the physical form only? Did anyone else get it something to sign in the mail as well?

Oh wow, I’m confused. I got one via email and accepted through the application status page on my account online the same day. I did get a letter in the mail a week or so later, but there was nothing to sign or return. Did you accept via the physical form only? Did anyone else get it something to sign in the mail as well?
I signed through the application status. I don’t remember seeing one through the mail. Just the letter stating the alternate position

I did both.

I got a contingency form in the mail that I signed and emailed back today. You probably only get one if you are missing one or more of the requirements needed for admission

Reactions: 1 users
I got a contingency form in the mail that I signed and emailed back today. You probably only get one if you are missing one or more of the requirements needed for admission
I’m not missing any of my requirements, so I don’t think that’s the case. I’m not sure why they’ve sent some by email and some by email and mail. Maybe I’ll have to follow up with them, but it shows I’ve accepted the alternate position when I look online. It looks like someone else got theirs only through the email, so I’m hoping it’s fine!!

Still nothing about UTMB waitlist for anyone on here?

(Thank god I was accepted somewhere last week!! Holding out for UTMB though).

For those accepted into TTU, did you receive an email about completing online courses around 2 pm today? If so, were you able to get your link to work?

For those accepted into TTU, did you receive an email about completing online courses around 2 pm today? If so, were you able to get your link to work?
I received the email too but wasn't able to get the link to work! I can't log in because I don't know my eRaider username and password.

I received the email too but wasn't able to get the link to work! I can't log in because I don't know my eRaider username and password.
Same here! I thought I'd ask in case I had missed an email about setting up our eraider information, but I don't think they've sent it out to us yet. Hopefully it'll come soon!

Same here! I thought I'd ask in case I had missed an email about setting up our eraider information, but I don't think they've sent it out to us yet. Hopefully it'll come soon!
I hope so too! I was worried that I was making it more complicated than it was :lol:

• Haha

I also got a letter in the mail, officially stating that I was placed as an alternate but I didn’t get a physical contingency form.

For anyone that got onto Texas Tech do you mind sharing your stats?

I just got into TWU Dallas!!!

Reactions: 10 users