Texas Medical Licence for FMGs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IMG_UK19

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone with any experience applying for a Texas medical licence as an FMG?
I graduated from medical school in the UK and am currently in my PGY3 year of an ACGME accredited residency program in California.
I'm looking to apply for a Texas licence but noticed on the checklist that they require you to have done clerkships in the US while in medical school (which I haven't). Does being in a residency program bypass this requirement?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone with any experience applying for a Texas medical licence as an FMG?
I graduated from medical school in the UK and am currently in my PGY3 year of an ACGME accredited residency program in California.
I'm looking to apply for a Texas licence but noticed on the checklist that they require you to have done clerkships in the US while in medical school (which I haven't). Does being in a residency program bypass this requirement?
Eligibility link to Texas Medical Board https://www.tmb.state.tx.us/idl/CFB0EFE2-E5F9-5F52-7D7C-55EB72B34D12

You can also contact them to ask questions. It looks as if doing a US residency might qualify you.