Application complete date: 08/09/2021
Application received by school: 08/25/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.80, 3.69
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/25/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 01/25/2022 & TBD
Method of Interview: Virtual
Have you heard back from them yet??

Members don't see this ad :)
are they going to send out any more interview invites?
I was told by the admission coordinator that they are interviewing until early February. And they send out invitations two weeks prior. So at this point, they may not anymore

I was interviewed on 24th & 25th, and just got accepted!

Reactions: 1 users
spoke with admissions today and they said that they’ll be conducting interviews into mid feb and possibly March?

spoke with admissions today and they said that they’ll be conducting interviews into mid feb and possibly March?
So have they had their official second round yet cuz on their website it says mid feb? I’m assuming all these ppl that recently got accepted are a part of a mini round possibly

Just got an interview invite yesterday! It’ll be for some time next week virtually.

Is anyone trying to submit documents for the post bacc program and the portal website is giving them a "503 error"?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any update on when they’re doing their official second round of acceptances? Is it still mid February like it says on the website

Has anyone who had a pre-December interview been accepted?

I got accepted yesterday around 8 AM via email! Interviewed 2/5 and 2/8! Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed last week, and I was also accepted yesterday! I think acceptances will be going out all week

Trying to help my girlfriend decide between here and LSU! If anyone knows these answers, please lmk.

1) Clinicals: Some old threads complained about lack of patients caused by professors leaving the school during the curriculum change. Has this changed? When does clinical experience begin? Are students properly prepared to practice right out of school? Some local DFW dentists complain about A&M students’ relative unpreparedness in practice.
2) Grading: Is it pass/fail? Couldn’t find any info about this.
3) Curriculum: Lots of students were annoyed about the curriculum change. How has this improved with time? Is attendance mandatory? Are students overloaded with tons of work relative to other schools?
4) Wellness: Are students really stressed out? Does the faculty work with the students? How does the school handle mental health?
5) Facilities: How is the new building? Is the school up-to-date? Do things about the school feel outdated?

Thanks for any answers!

Trying to help my girlfriend decide between here and LSU! If anyone knows these answers, please lmk.

1) Clinicals: Some old threads complained about lack of patients caused by professors leaving the school during the curriculum change. Has this changed? When does clinical experience begin? Are students properly prepared to practice right out of school? Some local DFW dentists complain about A&M students’ relative unpreparedness in practice.
3) Curriculum: Lots of students were annoyed about the curriculum change. How has this improved with time? Is attendance mandatory? Are students overloaded with tons of work relative to other schools?
4) Wellness: Are students really stressed out? Does the faculty work with the students? How does the school handle mental health?
5) Facilities: How is the new building? Is the school up-to-date? Do things about the school feel outdated?

Thanks for any answers!
Hello,

As far as pass/fail which is your concern, they have letter grades and are not p/f. The only dental school in Texas which is P/F is Texas Tech in El Paso. I have also heard from a few local DFW dentists about students' unpreparedness in practice; however, I believe that this preparedness depends on the students, themselves. Therefore, if they work hard enough and spend enough time in the clinic, practicing hand skills they will be prepared. As far as the other questions that you asked, I think you should reach out to a D3 or D4 which will give you a better insight about the school.

More acceptances came out today! Congrats to everyone who got in this round :) I interviewed mid oct for reference !

Does anyone know when TAMU is sending out next round of acceptances?

At this point the class is filled I'm assuming? Like if they were to give an acceptance it would only be a couple right (obv unless someone drops their seat for another school)?

At this point the class is filled I'm assuming? Like if they were to give an acceptance it would only be a couple right (obv unless someone drops their seat for another school)?

I would assume so, but I don’t think it’s official until June. I could be wrong though

Staying w/ Texas A&M and in their group chat. From what I can see, 1 acceptance last week same time 1 guy I knew left. 1 acceptance 3 weeks ago. Before then, used to get 3-4 every week. Either they are on break, or they are full :/... gl everyone still waiting!

Last edited:
Staying w/ Texas A&M and in their group chat. From what I can see, 1 acceptance last week same time 1 guy I knew left. 1 acceptance 3 weeks ago. Before then, used to get 3-4 every week. Either they are on break, or they are full :/

Yeah, they may be full unless people decide to forfeit their offers

Thanks for any answers!
Current D1 here. I'll answer your questions to the best of my ability.

1) Clinical: You'll have the chance to assist in clinic your first year, though that experience is pretty limited. You'll be assisting a lot more D2, and procedures will start D3 (as I understand it). I've heard the opposite in regards to A&M students' relative preparedness actually. I worked with two recent graduates, and their patients and the lead dentist loved them/their work. So I think it depends on the individual.
2) Grading: Typical letter grading. No pass/fail.
3) Curriculum: I don't know much about the curriculum as it was before the integrative approach, but I love how things are structured now. The schedule is very well thought out, and the material presented in a timeline that really ties everything together and helps you to best remember and apply it. My class is the third year that they've had to work out the kinks, and it seems like smooth sailing to me. Attendance is mandatory for labs and not much else. I don't know what the workload is like at other schools, but for A&M it seems extremely manageable if you have a bit of discipline and well-defined study habits.
4) Wellness: The atmosphere is pretty laid back, to be honest. Most students are pretty relaxed about everything. Of course things are challenging, but I find that my peers handle things pretty well, and are able to find good work-life balances. I personally get near 8 hours of sleep every night, and have time to do things on the weekends. I know many others who have the same experience. The faculty seems to be very supportive of the students if you're willing to talk to them 1v1. I know several accommodations have been made for students with special circumstances outside of school. We have mental health services, but I don't know much about them other than that they exist.
5) The old building is pretty old. That's where you'll spend pretty much all of year 1 and 2. The library is small, and the study places are limited. I haven't had a problem with it though - I find it cozy. The new clinic is absolutely stunning though. If I had toured the school before accepting, that building alone would have made my decision for me. In my opinion, it is by far the nicest clinic of the Texas Schools (though I haven't seen El Paso's).

Reactions: 1 users