Test score %

boon

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am new to the Oat test and I am wondering how is the percentage in the Oat done? Is it linear? like is i get a 90% on , lets say science section, would I get a 360? because I heard in the Dat and Pcat is done differently...

Well I don't understand much how it works...how is the Oat score be graded anyway though?

Members don't see this ad.

Your score is scaled based on how everyone else does on the OAT, so a perfect score does not necessarily guarantee a 400, nor does a 400 necessarily indicate a perfect score. It is not linear at all. A 300 is the average, so the bulk of the people taking the OAT in your cycle scored in this range. Pardon that I am excluding exact percentages because I don't have them memorized and am not bothering to look them up, but I think it's somewhere between the 40th and 60th percentile. A 400 indicates that you did better than 99.4 (I think) percent of the people taking the OAT. A score of 200 would indicate that 99%-ish of the people taking it did better than you. For more precise info, check out the examinee guide via www.opted.org

-p.dot