Tenex/TenJet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gaspasser127

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone doing Tenex/TenJet/other percutaneous tenotomy?

What’s the most common pathology you treat with it?

For those who do it for hip: how do you identify the right patient?

Members don't see this ad.

Tendinopathy pts. I usually do PRP and pepper the ligament with the 22g needle as I inject. I don’t pay for the actual kit. Some of my partners used to do it. Don’t think they do any longer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone doing Tenex/TenJet/other percutaneous tenotomy?

What’s the most common pathology you treat with it?

For those who do it for hip: how do you identify the right patient?
I do it for gluteus medius tendinitis

I've been debating trying this thread based tenotomy stuff some of these simpler tunnel releases.

its a cool technique

make sure you have your local hand surgeon buy-in though. they wont like that you are taking away their bread and butter, and you invariably have some complications even if you do the procedure perfectly. you will need the hand people there as a back up

Tenex/TenJet works well for calcific tendonpathies but for anything else if you can do a real tenotomy with a 18g (or 22g) needle (+/- PRP) I've never seen a clinical difference for anything else.

The reps pushed Tenex really hard in sports fellowship but I've rarely seen it in private practice and the reps aren't seeking us out.

Definitely have hand surgeon back up and if you do EMGs make sure offering Sonex or whatever other US CTR technique won't piss them off and dry up a referral source.

Reactions: 1 users
I refer out for tenex. Achilles, plantar fasciitis, calcific tendinitis anywhere

I do it for gluteus medius tendinitis
And what do see regarding outcomes?
There is a sports med guy in area that does it for literally everything and the outcomes seem very poor which got me less interested.
Also does anyone have info on cost/reimbursement in a private practice model?

its a cool technique

make sure you have your local hand surgeon buy-in though. they wont like that you are taking away their bread and butter, and you invariably have some complications even if you do the procedure perfectly. you will need the hand people there as a back up

Why would a hand surgeon not mind you doing these? Winding down their career and they don’t care anymore?