Temp UHC/OptumRX pharmacist job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Classy12345

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, does anyone know how likely the conversion is from temp to full time with UHC/OptumRX? Is it very hit or miss? It is a temporary job from September - August. It has been difficult to get into PBM without experience so I feel like that's the only reason why I am interested. I do not have any student loans. I am not happy with my regular hospital job (not great shifts). I recently started a home health job and like it (pay is great but it is a small company) but far. If I am not hired on and do the stunt again, would this experience help or hurt my chances of getting into a permanent PBM job? It would be good experience but I feel like it would hurt because future employer might wonder why I was not hired? Thoughts???

Members don't see this ad.

is this contract to hire or just contract? If it's just a contract, don't expect to be made permanent.

If I am not hired on and do the stunt again, would this experience help or hurt my chances of getting into a permanent PBM job? It would be good experience but I feel like it would hurt because future employer might wonder why I was not hired? Thoughts???
It shouldn't.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, does anyone know how likely the conversion is from temp to full time with UHC/OptumRX? Is it very hit or miss? It is a temporary job from September - August. It has been difficult to get into PBM without experience so I feel like that's the only reason why I am interested. I do not have any student loans. I am not happy with my regular hospital job (not great shifts). I recently started a home health job and like it (pay is great but it is a small company) but far. If I am not hired on and do the stunt again, would this experience help or hurt my chances of getting into a permanent PBM job? It would be good experience but I feel like it would hurt because future employer might wonder why I was not hired? Thoughts???
Worst case scenario you won't be hired full time but you'll be asked to work for another contract again. I totally understand shift work gets old after a while. Since you don't have any student loans, I think it's worth the risk to take a contract position for better hours schedule wise as well as an opportunity to get some PBM experience. Just do your best and learn as much as you can with the contract gig. Future employers shouldn't/wouldn't fault you for not being hired if UHC decides not to perm-hire their contractors.

Reactions: 1 users
It shouldn’t impact you negatively especially if you say it was a contract